9-13 October

Dubai Grand Slam, United Arab Emirates
    20-24 November

Durban Open, South Africa
    11-15 December

• Fuzhou Open, China

23 - 28 April

Semifinals:

Huber-Seidl (AUT) - Nicolai-Lupo (ITA) 0-2 (16-21, 21-23)
    Ricardo-Alvaro (BRA) - Rosenthal-Dalhausser (USA) 1-2 (21-19, 24-26, 18-20)

Bronze medal match:

Huber-Seidl (AUT) - Ricardo-Alvaro (BRA) 2-0 (21-18, 21-18 )

Final:

Nicolai-Lupo (ITA) - Rosenthal-Dalhausser (USA) 0-2 (18-21, 22-24)

• "Due to existing TV rights it is not possible to broadcast the FIVB Open 2013 in BRA, CHN, DEN, FIN, FRA, GER, GRE, HKG, IND, KOR, NOR, POL, SWE, TUR, USA, Middle East & the Indian Sub-Continent". I have NO idea whether only Opens will be blocked in the aforemendoned countries/zones or all FIVB beach events in 2013. There was a Youtube channel last year ( channel ) uploading a lot of games, I hope they do open another one for the current season.

• "Due to existing TV rights it is not possible to broadcast the FIVB Open 2013 in BRA, CHN, DEN, FIN, FRA, GER, GRE, HKG, IND, KOR, NOR, POL, SWE, TUR, USA, Middle East & the Indian Sub-Continent". I have NO idea whether only Opens will be blocked in the aforemendoned countries/zones or all FIVB beach events in 2013. There was a Youtube channel last year ( channel ) uploading a lot of games, I hope they do open another one for the current season.

Hooray! Almost all beach-volleyball friendly zones/countries are blocked.

• Somehow it's sad to see Todd Rogers got knocked out at qualification stage.

One of my favorite players, Daan Spijkers, is also trying to get along with new partner. He and Emiel did pretty good in Shanghai and Beijing last year. But this year it seems not delightful.

• Shanghai Grand Slam, China

30 April - 04 May

Semifinals:

Gibb-Patterson (USA) - Kadziola-Szalankiewicz (POL) 2-0 (21-17, 22-20)
    Pedro-Bruno (BRA) - Ricardo-Alvaro (BRA) 2-1 (21-16, 22-24, 15-10)

Bronze medal match:

Kadziola-Szalankiewicz (POL) - Ricardo-Alvaro (BRA) 0-2 (12-21, 10-21)

Final:

Gibb-Patterson (USA) - Pedro-Bruno (BRA) 2-1 (21-16, 9-21, 15-9)

• I am might be wrong but I think the FIVB World Tour 2013 officially consist just the Grand Slams. The Opens are under the event named FIVB Open 2013. So maybe this is why the Open's are not streamed meanwhile the Grand Slams are on the program. My opinion is based on the FIVB's website where they list the FIVB Worl Tour separately from the FIVB Opens.

Born for Volleyball, lives from Volleyball, dies with Volleyball.

"When somebody is just not an equal partner to have a conversation with, the best you can do is to ignore him." Done!

• Ah and also Swatch did not signed name sponsor deal this season so the tournaments are called just FIVB World Tour and FIVB Open without an actual name sponsor.

"When somebody is just not an equal partner to have a conversation with, the best you can do is to ignore him." Done!

• You might be right about the sponsorship, I didn't really dig much deeper into the matter and wrote Swatch in the thread name as a habbit :) Anyway, doesn't matter much, will take it into consideration from now on and for the next season.

As for the streaming, I, for example, can't watch either. You are correct about the separation. The World Tour points are only summed up from the Grand Slams, FIVB Open is a new innovation to denote only the open rank events. They do not count towards the actual world ranking and provide mainly money and a chance for athletes to maintain game form.

I would be deeply grateful if anyone has access to the games and uploads them, let's say, in Youtube. I cannot watch anything this year :(

• Sorry, I am correcting myself:

http://www.fivb.org/en/BeachVo….asp?No=38940&Language=en

According to this article the FIVB World Tour consist of all GrandSlam events plus the World Championship, but for the World Ranking the points earned on FIVB Opens also counts.

"The 2013 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour is comprised of 10 Grand Slam events and the 2013 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships. Not part of the World Tour but still counting towards the FIVB World Rankings, the FIVB yearly calendar also includes eight Open events."

I really hope this is the final version :)

• I myself got a little confused at the beginning of the season, I guess there are still unanswered questions. I read that article too, but they released one or two others days before the launch of the season, in which they explicitly mentioned that points earned via FIVB Open do not count for the World Ranking. Looking at the current ranking though, I can say that they do, as for example Rosenthal-Dalhausser have 900 points earned in the Fuzhou Open and the Shanghai GS.

For sure the Grand Slams will affect to a larger extent the overall World Tour classification, but what I don't know is when they decided to change this year's regulations, because they certainly had not planned on counting the Open rank points beforehand.

Anyway, you might be right in the end :)

• Corrientes Grand Slam, Argentina

22 - 26 May

Semifinals:

Smedins-Samoilovs (LAT) - Pedro-Bruno (BRA) 2-1 (14-21, 21-17, 15-11)
    Nicolai-Lupo (ITA) - Gibb-Patterson (USA) 1-2 (21-19, 20-22, 15-17)

Bronze medal match:

Pedro-Bruno (BRA) - Nicolai-Lupo (ITA) 0-2 (13-21, 21-23)

Final:

Smedins-Samoilovs (LAT) - Gibb-Patterson (USA) 2-0 (21-16, 21-19)

• Funny thing, Laola unblocked live steaming from Corrientes, but not the uploaded full games. I thought it should be the other way around - prevent, if you want, people from watching games live, but let them watch replays. The Latvians were physically the most prepared team in Argentina, won deservedly, I liked them a lot. I even think Samoilovs has more diversity to add to the partnership with Smedins. Plavins is a great defender, but with Samoilovs Janis Smedins looks quite different.

What's the point of expanding the World Tour map worldwide if they can't broadcast it online :thumbdown: Or at least unblock uploaded games in Laola!

• Transovia Grand Slam, The Hague, The Netherlands

12 - 16 June

Semifinals:

Fijalek-Prudel (POL) - Pedro-Bruno (BRA) 0-2 (13-21, 16-21)
    Huber-Seidl (AUT) - Smedins-Samoilovs (LAT) 0-2 (12-21, 14-21)

Bronze medal match:

Fijalek-Prudel (POL) - Huber-Seidl (AUT) 2-0 (21-18, 21-16)

Final:

Pedro-Bruno (BRA) - Smedins-Samoilovs (LAT) 2-0 (21-19, 21-12)

• Pedro/Bruno [BRA] defeated the olympic champions Smedins/Samoilovs [LAT] in straight sets (21:19, 21:12) to become the winners at the Hague Grand Slam.
    Congratulations! :drink:

Well, Smedins-Samoilovs are bronze medalists from London :) But a great win for Pedro-Bruno indeed.

• smart Grand Slam, Rome, Italy

18 - 23 June

Semifinals:

Smedins-Samoilovs (LAT) - Emanuel-Alison (BRA) 2-0 (21-10, 21-14)
    Dalhausser-Rosenthal (USA) - Pedro-Bruno (BRA) 2-1 (22-20, 18-21, 15-10)

Bronze medal match:

Emanuel-Alison (BRA) - Pedro-Bruno (BRA) 0-2 (10-21, 11-21)

Final:

Smedins-Samoilovs (LAT) - Dalhausser-Rosenthal (USA) 0-2 (19-21, 18-21)