FIVB World Tour 2015

• The preliminary calendar for the 2015 season is out! Link

The idea of World Tour finals will be finally applied in 2015 after FIVB decided to withdraw it this year. New Major Series will be introduced. To be honest, I don't get their importance or role. There are the usual Grand Slams and Opens, the prize money for the Majors seems to be the same as of a Grand Slam. Perhaps they will matter more for the Rankings, who knows, it's not well explained.

Lucerne, Porec, St. Petersbourg (in USA, not Russia), Yokohama and Sochi with planned WT debuts. However, FIVB are known for changing their program often, so let's wait and see.

• However, FIVB are known for changing their program often, so let's wait and see.

Thats very true and it already started :roll: .
    Brazilian GS was initially scheduled for march and will now take place in September. There will be a conflict with the german championships who will probably rescheduled now, so that the german NTs can participate.

There will be no GS in Berlin as well but rumours say that Munich might be the new venue. You will probably like this?! 8)

source: http://www.beach-volleyball.de…en-geplant.html?tx_ttnews[backPid]=22&cHash=26672cef4e58406d21814f5d34be9dc7

• Thats very true and it already started :roll: .
    Brazilian GS was initially scheduled for march and will now take place in September. There will be a conflict with the german championships who will probably rescheduled now, so that the german NTs can participate.

There will be no GS in Berlin as well but rumours say that Munich might be the new venue. You will probably like this?! 8)

source: http://www.beach-volleyball.de…en-geplant.html?tx_ttnews[backPid]=22&cHash=26672cef4e58406d21814f5d34be9dc7

You bet I will :D I didn't know about the German GS, so once again, let's wait and see. I would gladly watch it live, no matter what, if they arrive in Munich. I don't like these constant changes by FIVB at all, by the way.

• Another last-minute change of rule by FIVB:
    The german federation received information from FIVB that there will be "country quota" matches again on World Tour 2015. The last two years, solely the federations had the power to determine the teams, playing World Tour tournaments. Now the teams will play knock out matches again, one day before the "real" tournaments start. It is not official yet but is very likely to happen this way......

source: http://www.beach-volleyball.de…hr-zur-country-quota.html

The german tournament, which was planned to take place in Munich, won't take place, as the city parliament refused to give funds for it :rolleyes:

• The german tournament, which was planned to take place in Munich, won't take place, as the city parliament refused to give funds for it :rolleyes:

It won't take place in Munich or it won't take place in Germany at all? The decision by the local parliament is not very surprising to me. For instance, there was a referendum 2-3 years ago and the district of Bavaria decided they don't want Garmisch-Partenkirchen to be a Winter Olympics candidate. Sure, the comparison may be inappropriate to a certain extent, but in this part of Germany there is little that can thrive near football and FC Bayern Munich. I doubt organizing such an event would be too costly or would disturb public life too much. After all, this is considered to be Germany's richest region. But remember what happened to the volleyball team in Unterhaching and you will get the point.

Yeah, perhaps this means more bad news for me :down:

• It won't take place in Munich or it won't take place in Germany at all? The decision by the local parliament is not very surprising to me. For instance, there was a referendum 2-3 years ago and the district of Bavaria decided they don't want Garmisch-Partenkirchen to be a Winter Olympics candidate. Sure, the comparison may be inappropriate to a certain extent, but in this part of Germany there is little that can thrive near football and FC Bayern Munich. I doubt organizing such an event would be too costly or would disturb public life too much. After all, this is considered to be Germany's richest region. But remember what happened to the volleyball team in Unterhaching and you will get the point.

Yeah, perhaps this means more bad news for me :down:

I think it is not finally decided yet. My guess is, that there won't be a german world tour tournament, but we will see.

As a little remark, the city of Munich recently decided to fund a couple of football matches for Euro 2020 with a double digit million euro amount. The amount in question for the World Tour tournament was about 500.000 Euro. That says it all...... :white:

source: http://www.sueddeutsche.de/mue…-land-zu-ziehen-1.2305628

• Swatch back to the World Tour as a trademark for the Major Series and the Season Final. Olsztyn will host the Polish Grand Slam, whereas Fort Lauderdale in the USA will welcome the Season Final, or rather the Swatch Beach Volleyball Season Final as it is now called. Germany and its hypothetical Grand Slam have been dropped from the calendar. We'll see what happens.

Here is the trailer of the Major Series, whose purpose and difference with any Grand Slam, apart from the new sponsor, are still not clear to me.

djcoZR-o_zg#t=60

• The 2015 World Tour is underway. The Chinese city Fuzhou is again the first stop in the calendar. Some big names missing however. Most of them are expected to return and play in Europe in next month's Lucerne Open in Switzerland.

Meanwhile, Swatch released a special website for the Swatch Major Series, with news mostly concerning respective events. Swatch Major Series

• The Chinese city Fuzhou is again the first stop in the calendar.

:cup:
    Böckermann/Flüggen are winning the final against Brouwer/Meeuwsen :super:

Good sign towards the "National teams" Erdmann/Matysik and Walkenhorst/Windscheif. The fight for the german olympic tickets could become interesting. 8)

• Fuzhou Open, China

20-25 April

Semifinals:

Krou-Rowlandson (FRA) - Böckermann-Flüggen (GER) 0-2 (27-29, 18-21)
    Brouwer-Meeuwsen (NED) - Rogers-Slick (USA) 2-0 (21-16, 21-16)

Bronze medal match:

Krou-Rowlandson (FRA) - Rogers-Slick (USA) 2-1 (19-21, 21-17, 15-9)

Final:

Böckermann-Flüggen (GER) - Brouwer-Meeuwsen (NED) 2-0 (21-19, 21-19)

Volleycountry's report: link

• According to FIVB's latest Tour calendar update, there will be an event in the period 1-6 September. They have found a replacement for Germany's repudiation. Rio de Janeiro Open should take place then. However, it is an Open event, not a Major Series one, leaving the newly formed Swatch series with only three tournaments.

• Lucerne Open, Switzerland

12-17 May

Semifinals:

Beeler-Strasser (SUI) - Ranghieri-Caminati (ITA) 1-2 (20-22, 21-19, 11-15)
    Brouwer-Meeuwsen (NED) - Giginoglu-Gögtepe (TUR) 2-0 (21-16, 21-18 )

Bronze medal match:

Beeler-Strasser (SUI) - Giginoglu-Gögtepe (TUR) 1-2 (18-21, 21-18, 4-15)

Final:

Ranghieri-Caminati (ITA) win on forfeit due to Meeuwsen's knee injury

• Super start of the Moscow Grand Slam! Finally we have all good teams participating in one place. Only Nummerdor-Varenhorst are missing due to Reinder Nummerdor's injury. Normally teams would skip Opens, which I think is a mistake sometimes because points gathered there will still count both for the World Tour and for the Olympic qualification in the end, but the competition is fierce in the first Grand Slam of the season. The top-seeded Dalhausser-Rosenthal lost their first game to the 32nd-seeded Russians Stoyanovskiy-Yarzutkin. Just look at the results from today's session - most of the sets ended with two-point margins.

• Moscow Grand Slam, Russia

26-31 May

Semifinals:

Alison-Bruno (BRA) - Pedro-Evandro (BRA) 0-2 (18-21, 19-21)
    Erdmann-Matysik (GER) - Herrera-Gavira (ESP) 0-2 (1721, 18-21)

Bronze medal match:

Alison-Bruno (BRA) - Erdmann-Matysik (GER) 0-2 (19-21, 17-21)

Final:

Pedro-Evandro (BRA) - Herrera-Gavira (ESP) 0-2 (19-21, 19-21)

• There are some weird restrictions again on Laola regarding the World Tour broadcast. If you see the list of countries that are not allowed to transmit the events in Lucerne and Moscow, it would cover a very large part of the globe. I don't understand why there were no problems with the Chinese Fuzhou Open, but now we can't watch the World Tour in Switzerland and Russia. At least the uploaded replays should've been available.

• Brouwer/Meeuwsen are winning in Porec.

Italians Ranghieri/Carambula took the bronce medal. Carambula obviously is a very "special" player, who seems to bring a bit of fresh air to the Tour. Just have a look at what he did..... 8o :lol:

• Porec Major, Croatia

2-7 June

Semifinals:

Nummerdor-Varenhorst (NED) - Binstock-Schachter (CAN) 1-2 (23-21, 18-21, 13-15)
    Ranghieri-Carambula (ITA) - Brouwer-Meeuwsen (NED) 1-2 (21-18, 17-21, 9-15)

Bronze medal match:

Nummerdor-Varenhorst (NED) - Ranghieri-Carambula (ITA) 1-2 (18-21, 21-18, 10-15)

Final:

Binstock-Schachter (CAN) - Brouwer-Meeuwsen (NED) 0-2 (15-21, 13-21)

• Surprisingly, SportDeutschland TV has the World Tour games on their website. It is a perfect alternative to the area restrictions on Laola1.

• Stavanger Major, Norway

9 - 14 June

Semifinals:

Fijalek-Prudel (POL) - Pedro-Evandro (BRA) 0-2 (18-21, 16-21)
    Ingrosso P.-Ingrosso M. (ITA) - Losiak-Kantor (POL) 0-2 (13-21, 16-21)

Bronze medal match:

Fijalek-Prudel (POL) - Ingrosso P.-Ingrosso M. (ITA) 2-0 (21-13, 21-15)

Final:

Pedro-Evandro (BRA) - Losiak-Kantor (POL) 2-0 (21-13, 21-14)