FIVB World Championships 2015 | The Netherlands

• The FIVB launched a new website for the forthcoming World Championships in the Netherlands in the summer of 2015. The design is something we've seen before :)

WCH2015 site

I should probably be able to visit the Netherlands then, maybe for the final tournament. Anyone else?

• Janis Smedins got injured and won't participate at the WCH. The same destiny befell both Phil Dalhausser and Sean Rosenthal. Doherty-Mayer will take Dalhausser-Rosenthal's quota, whereas Matins Plavins will team up with Aleksandrs Samoilovs for Latvia.

• In Germany, sportdeutschland.tv will broadcast the WCh. You can find a streaming schedule here: http://sportdeutschland.tv/beachvolleyball .

It will probably be restricted to german IPs, so from outside Germany you will have to use the VPN service of your choice (Zen, Hola.....).

• Pool A

Nummerdor–Varenhorst
    Kądzioła–Szałankiewicz
    González–Nivaldo
    Escobar–Vargas

Pool B

Doherty–Mayer
    Kapa–McHugh
    Sidorenko–Dyachenko
    Watson–O'Dea

Pool C

Alison–Bruno
    Doppler–Horst
    Jefferson–Cherif
    Court–Schumann

Pool D

Fijałek–Prudel
    Binstock–Schachter
    Henríquez–Fañe
    Usama–Ayman

Pool E

Nicolai–Lupo
    Brouwer–Meeuwsen
    Huber–Seidl
    Salinas–Tobar

Pool F

Samoilovs-Plavins
    Grimalt–Grimalt
    van Dorsten–van de Velde
    Barsouk-Koshkarev

Pool G

Ricardo-Emanuel
    Herrera–Gavira
    Stoyanovskiy–Yarzutkin
    Ajanako–Scott

Pool H

Erdmann–Matysik
    Saxton–Schalk
    Krou–Rowlandson
    Goldschmidt–Williams

Pool I

Hyden–Bourne
    Gabathuler–Gerson
    Rodríguez–Haddock
    Spijkers-Oude Elferink

Pool J

Semenov–Krasilnikov
    Lucena–Brunner
    Yakovlev–Kuleshov
    Keemink–Vismans

Pool K

Álvaro Filho-Vitor Felipe
    Gibb–Patterson
    Marco–García
    Bianchi–Azaad

Pool L

Pedro–Evandro
    Walkenhorst–Windscheif
    Virgen–Ontiveros
    Naceur–Belhaj

• Is anyone following the tournament? :) Mexico's Virgen-Ontiveros are the pleasant surprise so far in the Netherlands. They are atop of Pool L in Rotterdam after two rounds, having beaten Walkenhorst-Windscheif and Pedro-Evandro, both in straight sets. Especially convincing was yesterday's stunning 2-0 (21-11 in the second set) against one of the championship's favourites Pedro-Evandro from Brazil.

• The most amazing final ever!!! Go watch it, guys, if you missed it! Alison-Bruno are the new world champions, 2-1 win against Holland's Nummerdor-Varenhorst. Epic tie-break!

• The most amazing final ever!!! Go watch it, guys, if missed it! Alison-Bruno are the new world champions, 2-1 win against Holland's Nummerdor-Varenhorst. Epic tie-break!

I missed it. :wall: Gonna watch it asap.
    Truly happy with Brazil's performance in both men and women categories - 5 out of 6 places in podiums! :obey:

• I missed it. :wall: Gonna watch it asap.
    Truly happy with Brazil's performance in both men and women categories - 5 out of 6 places in podiums! :obey:

Well, Alison-Bruno were on several occasions a point away from taking the silver medals, but it was an incredible game that could've ended both ways, to be honest. A really amazing tournament for Brazil :) The final game could also be studied to show how a team bounces back from an uncomfortable position. The Brazilians were almost in the locker room at the beginning of the second set, but they simply refused to give up. I cannot describe it, you have to watch it :)

Individual awards:

Best server - Evandro Goncalves (BRA)
    Fastest server - Evandro Goncalves (BRA)
    Best scorer - Pedro Salgado (BRA)
    Best spiker - Bruno Oscar Schmidt (BRA)
    Best blocker - Christiaan Varenhorst (NED)
    Best overall player - Reinder Nummerdor (NED)

• Well, Alison-Bruno were on several occasions a point away from taking the silver medals, but it was an incredible game that could've ended both ways, to be honest. A really amazing tournament for Brazil :) The final game could also be studied to show how a team bounces back from an uncomfortable position. The Brazilians were almost in the locker room at the beginning of the second set, but they simply refused to give up. I cannot describe it, you have to watch it :)

Just finished watching it - what a tie-break! :cheesy: I was holding my breath after the score was 13-13 even though I knew the result beforehand. Both guys were incredible coming back from such a weak spot, but Bruno Schmidt totally saved them in the last set. True display of sportsmanship. Gotta give props to the Dutch duo as well: Nummerdor was pure class and Varenhorst was fantastic in the net. Poor Alison couldn't do anything in the first set. lol

• FIVB World Championship 2015, the Netherlands

26 June - 5 July

Quarterfinals:

Alison-Bruno (BRA) - Gibb-Patterson (USA) 2-0 (21-12, 21-17)
    Lucena-Brunner (USA) - Jefferson-Cherif (QAT) 2-0 (21-19, 21-19)
    Alvaro Filho-Vitor Felipe (BRA) - Pedro-Evandro (BRA) 1-2 (14-21, 21-14, 8-15)
    Nummerdor-Varenhorst (NED) - Hyden-Bourne (USA) 2-0 (23-21, 23-21)

Semifinals:

Alison-Bruno (BRA) - Lucena-Brunner (USA) 2-0 (21-17, 21-15)
    Nummerdor-Varenhorst (NED) - Pedro-Evandro (BRA) 2-1 (21-18, 21-23, 15-12)

Bronze medal match:

Pedro-Evandro (BRA) - Lucena-Brunner (USA) 2-0 (22-20, 21-13)

Final:

Nummerdor-Varenhorst (NED) - Alison-Bruno (BRA) 1-2 (21-12, 14-21, 20-22)

Volleycountry's report: link

• YavorD

Changed the title of the thread from “FIVB World Championships 2015” to “FIVB World Championships 2015 | The Netherlands”.