2010 FIVB World Club Championships

• Italian women’s side Bergamo became the first
    team to qualify for the FIVB World Club Championships 2010 following
    their CEV Indesit Women’s Champions League victory Turkish side
    Fenerbache Acibadem Istanbul on Sunday.

A total of eight men’s
    teams (five continental club champions, the hosts and two wild cards)
    and six women’s teams (five continental club champions plus the hosts)
    will participate in the FIVB World Club Championships 2010, which will
    be held in Doha, Qatar and the Italian outfit is likely to be one of the
    favourites as the women’s tournament returns after 18 years. The rest
    of the teams will be confirmed via continental qualifiers in the next
    three months, with the Asia Women’s Club Championship next on the agenda
    from June 26 to July 4. The Africa, NORCECA and South America
    Confederations are still to confirm their qualifying events, both for
    women and men.

• I found official site about Asian Women's Club Volleyball Championships http://www.asianvolleyball.org…in/2010-03-15/295344.html but from Norceca, South America and Africa no. Maybe Person who lived in this confederations faster find it and write here sites.

• I found official site about Asian Women's Club Volleyball Championships http://www.asianvolleyball.org…in/2010-03-15/295344.html but from Norceca, South America and Africa no. Maybe Person who lived in this confederations faster find it and write here sites.

Wow,I am anticipating this kind of championship so long.Because it is said China's club champion Tianjin Bridgestone with her full roster could be stronger than China national team.But considering the match dates I think there will be a large part of Tianjin major players keep stayed training in volleyball center for national team.Pity! :mad:

• Look Bartek, here in South America has no news.

Last year they made a South American club championship witch Osasco were champions, but was for last season possible World Championship, that didnt happen.

So, I'm not sure if they will make another championship in the end of this season, or if they will keep the winner, or what they are gonna do, we have no news. :S

• This is strange but in calendar of Norceca is not place for Club Championships. So who they send to Katar? Champion of USA or Puerto Rico.

• Women's Club South American Championship - 4-11.10.2010. ^^

Thanks Bartek...I was not knowing about it....well..it is going to be hard for the teams...cause many players will be in National TEam probably..I dont know how they are going to make it....:S

• 1991 - First
    Edition - Sao Paulo, BRAZIL

1. Sadia
    Esporte Club Sao Paulo (BRA)

2. Colgate Sao
    Caetano (BRA)

3. Mladost
    Zagreb (YUG)

4. Occhi Verdi
    Modena (ITA)

5. Hitachi
    (JPN)

6. Yoghi Ancona
    (ITA)

7. Chrysler
    (USA)

8. Posta (KEN)

1992 - Second
    Edition - Jesi, ITALY

1. Il
    Messaggero Ravenna (ITA)

2. Acqua di
    Fiori Minas (BRA)

3. Uralochka
    Ekaterinenburg (RUS)

4. Brummel
    Ancona (ITA)

5. Colgate Sao
    Caetano (BRA)

5. Hitachi
    (JPN)

7. Chrysler
    Californians (USA)

7. Posta (KEN)

1994 - Third
    Edition - Sao Paulo, BRAZIL

1. Leite Moca
    Sao Paulo (BRAZIL)

2. Parmalat
    Matera (ITA)

3. BCN Guarujà
    (BRA)

4. Uralotchka
    Sverdlovsk (RUS)

5. Camaguey
    (CUB)

5. Ecoclear
    Sumirago (ITA)

• Kenya Prisons book place at FIVB Club World Championships
    Kenya Prisons became the second team to qualify for the FIVB Women’s Club World Championship after beating compatriots Kenya Pipeline 3-1 (23-25, 25-14, 25-10, 25-21) in the final of the 2010 Women’s African Club Championship in Vacoas, Mauritius on Sunday.

The side will now represent Africa at the FIVB Club World Championships, due to be held in Doha, Qatar from December 14-21, joining Italian side Volley Bergamo who qualified for the tournament after beating Fenerbache from Turkey 3-2 (25-22, 25-21, 22-25, 20-25, 15-8 ) in the final of the CEV Indesit Champions League on April 4.

Championship record holders Kenya Pipeline had a dream start after winning the initial set 25-23 but failed to stop the Prisons fightback, who downed their opponents following three consecutive set victories. The Prisons players proved too efficient in attack in the second and third sets before Pipeline attempted to rally themselves in the fourth. However the challenge proved too much and Prisons ran away with the victory.

Kenya Commercial Bank ensured an all-Kenyan podium after beating Bafia Evolution of Cameroon to pick up the bronze medal with a 3-1 (25-21, 25-27, 25-18, 25-17) victory.

This year’s FIVB Club World Championships will see the women’s event return for the first time since 1994, and earlier this year the FIVB made the landmark announcement that the men’s and women’s matches would alternate throughout the competition.

The FIVB Club World Championships returned for the first time in 17 years in 2009, with men’s club Trentino BetClic from Italy claiming the honours after defeating PGE SKRA Belchatow from Poland 3-0 in the final last November.

Results
    Final
    Kenya Prison – Kenya Pipeline 3-1 (23-25, 25-14, 25-10, 25-21)
    3rd place
    Kenya Commercial Bank – Bafia Evolution (Cam) 3-1 (25-21, 25-27, 25-18, 25-17)

• Is the Kenyan Champion has some relevance with prison? :what:

• Yes... We're coming..

Fenerbahce Acibadem received a wild card :dance6:

Source: Fenerbahçe TV

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

Edited once, last by burak-ı naz ().

• I like this. :dance4:
    Also Good Luck Fenerbahçe Acibadem :cup:

• Well thats great news but I am a little confused, cause it says inside of the opening post there will be no wild cards for women teams, and there will be 6 women teams only, Which wild card do we have received? And how many teams are there gonna be? About the process of the tournament, how it's gonna be?