Olympic Games - London 2012 Women (qualification process)

• Good match by Sloetjes, unfortunately none heleped her :down:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Lonneke :obey: :obey: :obey:

Visser and Stam played very poor in attack :S

• As far as I know, the best 2nd ranked teams from Pre-Qualifier will get the spots of the teams which qualify via World Cup. I don't know though what is the criteria for "best 2nd ranked", might be result of the final match of the tournaments, overall results of the tournaments or maybe even World Ranking...

They are ranked according to the results of all 4 games in pre qualification tournament.
    For these tournaments the rank is as follows
    1. The Netherlands 2. Romania 3. Azerbaijan

Looking at the standings at World Cup, its safe to say that the Netherlands will be included in Olympics Qualification games, Romania still has a chance and Azerbaijan has no chance.

• They are ranked according to the results of all 4 games in pre qualification tournament.
    For these tournaments the rank is as follows
    1. The Netherlands 2. Romania 3. Azerbaijan

Looking at the standings at World Cup, its safe to say that the Netherlands will be included in Olympics Qualification games, Romania still has a chance and Azerbaijan has no chance.

I HOPE it will become the truth :!: :!:

• Don't worry, I'm confident Netherlands will play the qualification. Besides Groucho's information, if they decided to change the criteria, Netherlands would still be ahead of Romania and Azerbaijan by world ranking. And Italy is virtually qualified via World Cup, so definitely there's at least one spot still availabe for the vice-champions.

This result, though not totally unexpected, can be considered a setback. But Croatia is also very competitive, even missing important players. I just don't think it was the proper moment to fire the dutch coach. But now it's time to think about the future. Great match by Sloetjes!

• I can't understand Visser and Stam play so poor today...well, Laura wasn't certainly in her best shape, but still I expected more from them..they are both so experienced..

Kim Staelens did a good job today. I hope she will not retire..she would be a good back-up for Femke Stoltenborg in next years..

• I think big part of Visser's low % is due to Dijkema's setting. There were many balls where Visser simply had no chance to score...

I agree about Laura today..

• On Dutch radio is told at the moment, if Italy beats Kenia --> Italy will have the ticket for London and Dutch team would take their spot for Istanbul-tournament in May :!:

• I agree about Laura today..

If there is any position that the Dutch should be sticking with a veteran over a rookie it should be at the setting position. Not to knock on Laura, but she is so stiff in the upper body when she contacts the ball which makes her very predictable. The difference between the connection with the hitters once K. Staelens came in was very noticeable. She releases the ball much quicker and is much more deceptive. I understand that they need to develop a younger setter for the next generation, but a team full of experienced attackers and an inexperienced setter is a difficult situation. Granted I have no idea what goes on in practice but I'd like to see them go with Staelens.

• If there is any position that the Dutch should be sticking with a veteran over a rookie it should be at the setting position. Not to knock on Laura, but she is so stiff in the upper body when she contacts the ball which makes her very predictable. The difference between the connection with the hitters once K. Staelens came in was very noticeable. She releases the ball much quicker and is much more deceptive

I totally agree with this. Laura's setting is not a 'fluent move'

I think the duo Stoltenborg - K. Staelens is the best for the near future

• OH I can't believe Romania is over Azerbaijan :wall: Azeri girls have much more to offer if Germany qualify ( what i am cheering and expecting as crazy :D )

Congrats to russian team - nice to see Sokolova and Kosheleva back again !!

About Netherlands, this loss was already predicted by their recent decay, it is a pitty because that team which has won GP was so promising and nice to see, Flier ... :heart: who knows maybe now with a new coach meijners get called and teh team get that spirit again

This tournament in Turkey is going to be a WAR :white: especially if Poland and Croatia go with their full squad, what would be a dream to volleyball fans :!:

• Senna :heart: Poor Lonneke,i didn't watch the game but seems like from stats she had a impressive performance against Croatia.I think Lonneke can replace Flier when she retires from NT :win:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• This tournament in Turkey is going to be a WAR especially if Poland and Croatia go with their full squad

Indeed :lol: :lol: :lol:

Turkey, Russia, Serbia, Poland, Croatia, Bulgaria, (Netherlands) (Germany)...WOW!!!

• Senna :heart: Poor Lonneke,i didn't watch the game but seems like from stats she had a impressive performance against Croatia.I think Lonneke can replace Flier when she retires from NT :win:

Lonneke was outstanding today!! She can hit the ball over the block :win:

• Lonneke was outstanding today!! She can hit the ball over the block :win:

Is it possible to adapt her as OH like Neriman :lol: ? Well Manon is still 27 and she can play 5-6 years more in NT and it would be a waste time for a young talent to stay at bench in those years.If i am not wrong she played as OH for a while in last Dela Trophy.Btw Sander how tall is Lonneke and how is her reception?

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup: