Olympic Games - London 2012 Women (qualification process)

• As for the other zones...

In South America it will obviously be Brazil.
    North America: it's between Cuba and Dominican Republic. Frankly, I can't imagine the Olympics without Cuba. They'll probably find a way to win the NORCECA tournament and qualify.
    Africa: it's between Kenya and Algeria, I guess.
    Asia: Japan has a big chance to be in the top 3 at the World tournament and thus secure a spot for another Asian team, probably Korea.

I dare not make predictions for European teams. But if I had to guess, I'd say we'll see Russia, Serbia and either Germany or Turkey in London.

• So, we know the teams that will play at the European qualification tournament. Those are Turkey, Serbia, Germany, Poland, Russia, Croatia, Bulgaria and Netherlands.
    Russia and Serbia have the luxury of knowing that they still can play at the World qualifying tournament if they fail here. Germany has to win this tournament, or to rely on Serbia or Russia winning so they take their spot at the World tournament. All the other teams have no chance of playing at the World tournament and need to win the European qualies if they are to play in London.

Besides Turkey, Serbia, Russia, Germany...also Poland and Croatia are candidate for winning:

Poland, if they play including Glinka, Skowronska, Bednarek, Okuniewska, Skorupa, Sawicka (libero)...
    Croatia, if they play including Barun, Grbac, Poljak, Osmokrovic (Usic, Alajbeg, Popovic)

So I think 6 teams have good chances to win this tournament :teach:

I think only real outsiders are Netherlands and Bulgaria.

• I like the Croatian team a lot but I don't think they're legitimate contenders. Poland also is a big question mark. Too many ifs for them to win the tournament, and even with all of their top players back, when was the last time they've even played together in a tournament? Might be too little time to gel as a team. Germany, Serbia, Russia or Turkey. I think it'll be one of those 4.

• 2012 London Olympic Game NORCECA Womens Qualification
    Mexico, Jan 6 to 14, 2012
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

2012 London Olympic Game African Womens Qualification
    Algeria, Jan 25 to Feb 03, 2012
    2012 London Olympic Game South American Womens Qualification
    Colombia, May

2012 London Olympic Game European Womens Qualification
    Turkey, Istanbul, May 01 to 06, 2012
    Participants
    Serbia, Germany, Turkey, Poland, Russia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Netherlands
    2012 London Olympic Game World Qualification
    Japan, May 19 to 27, 2012
    Participants
    Japan, Korea, Thailand, Chinese Taipei, Europe 1, Europe 2, NORCECA, South America

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• I found article from 2003 Euro Olympic Qualification Tournament. Hard for Germany but Final like from dreams especially 3rd set. I remember that in the set Germany destroyed Turkey by :serve:

• I found article from 2003 Euro Olympic Qualification Tournament. Hard for Germany but Final like from dreams especially 3rd set. I remember that in the set Germany destroyed Turkey by :serve:

oh gosh. i know that very good. tanja hart served very well, and Natalia hanikoglu did tremendous misktakes in receiving in the third set. But germany played very good. !

• oh gosh. i know that very good. tanja hart served very well, and Natalia hanikoglu did tremendous misktakes in receiving in the third set. But germany played very good. !

I remember Antika's serves and turkish libero's error by error :serve:

• right, Atika Bouaga and Kathy Radzuweit, Tanja Hart and I think Judith Sylvester. they destroyed Turkey with their serves :wall:
    Although Turkey beat italy, netherlands and poland i was thinking that they can win over germany, but as usual their lack of concentration and nerves didnt let them to play ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

In Istanbul we will see a hard fight, I hope for Turkey, because Russia has still the chance in Japan

• right, Atika Bouaga and Kathy Radzuweit, Tanja Hart and I think Judith Sylvester. they destroyed Turkey with their serves :wall:
    Although Turkey beat italy, netherlands and poland i was thinking that they can win over germany, but as usual their lack of concentration and nerves didnt let them to play ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

In Istanbul we will see a hard fight, I hope for Turkey, because Russia has still the chance in Japan

For me Turkey is the candidate no 1. for winning the tournament, if :!: Turkey can play at the level of last ECH. Because if they do, the crowd will help them to the title. I remember ECH 2003 :teach:

question for Turkish friends:

Will the tournament be played in Burhan Felek and the new Fenerbahce Ulker-Arena (or in Sinan Erdem Dome)?

• For me Turkey is the candidate no 1. for winning the tournament, if :!: Turkey can play at the level of last ECH. Because if they do, the crowd will help them to the title. I remember ECH 2003 :teach:

question for Turkish friends:

Will the tournament be played in Burhan Felek and the new Fenerbahce Ulker-Arena (or in Sinan Erdem Dome)?

The tournament will be played in Burhan Felek... I hope there will be a great atmosphere :super: I hope our all players will be healthy for this tournament. My roster:

S: Naz Aydemir, Özge Çemberci
    OPP: Neslihan Darnel, Seda Tokatlıoğlu
    OHs: Neriman Özsoy, Gözde Kırdar, Esra Gümüş
    Middles: Eda Erdem, Bahar Toksoy, Büşra Cansu
    Liberos: Gülden Kayalar, Gizem Güreşen

Seems quite strong :?: :drink:

• For me the strongest possible :)

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• @ Kadir

Thanks! But, 8 teams means 4 matches a day...isn't it too much for in one gym?

Very strong roster indeed.

• hmm, if Turkey play like ECH, than they can have a chance. But if the crowed can help them, I dont know. I just want to remind you, that we played 3 times in a row European league final 4 and never won :teach: :teach: :teach: :teach: :teach:

so i dont want to comment before matches, i will just wait and see :lol:

• @ Kadir

Thanks! But, 8 teams means 4 matches a day...isn't it too much for in one gym?

Very strong roster indeed.

Hmm.. I didn't think about that. I remember the news from cev correctly and in that news it was mentioned that the matches will be played in Burhan Felek Hall. But it can be changed or some teams must play early.

• Well Russia and Serbia will play without stress so I think Turkey will end tournament in Semis but if Turkey plays against Russia in the Final I hope Turkey's 3rd set from 2003 will repeat :D