Olympic Games - London 2012 Women (qualification process)

• By the way, a question that I wanted to make a long time ago : why communists countries, not all but the main, have such a good tradition on volleyball?

I don't know if the reason is the same for all of them, but it seemed curious to me...

• By the way, a question that I wanted to make a long time ago : why communists countries, not all but the main, have such a good tradition on volleyball?

I don't know if the reason is the same for all of them, but it seemed curious to me...

Well, the countries its about first of all, China, Cuba and Russia I suppose u mean, have all great traditions in sport overall not only volleyball, the countries is intrested in too build strong NT´s in all sports. Also two of them very big population. Russia also has very tall population to most other countries, while Cuba is superior to almost all other in terms of athletism. Factors that make their oppurtunities for volleyball very good. China has so much population that they pretty much will be a force in whatever they are intrested in. So, in my opinion the reasons is other than politicial. But one big advantage is that in these countries, pretty much ALL players that plays for NT, plays in the domestic league, and many of them the same team, it makes them very well together which is a great advantage.

• Russians performance in attack is outstanding! I'm really impressed.

• Well, the countries its about first of all, China, Cuba and Russia I suppose u mean, have all great traditions in sport overall not only volleyball, the countries is intrested in too build strong NT´s in all sports. Also two of them very big population. Russia also has very tall population to most other countries, while Cuba is superior to almost all other in terms of athletism. Factors that make their oppurtunities for volleyball very good. China has so much population that they pretty much will be a force in whatever they are intrested in. So, in my opinion the reasons is other than politicial. But one big advantage is that in these countries, pretty much ALL players that plays for NT, plays in the domestic league, and many of them the same team, it makes them very well together which is a great advantage.

Mmmmmm...It makes sense. Thank you very much

• Cuba is looking ominous right now. They're playing much better than the first two sets. Such powerful attacks!

• I do love the way Cubans screaming out loud to every place of the court when they hit the ball on the floor. HAHAHA
    It's very passionate, funny and Cuban style.

• I love when my team isn't in the opposite side of the court, of course. HAHAA

• Totally agree...it looks scary, almost like Wilfredo Leon is playing for them today in 3.set :lol:

It's their natural prowess. I wouldn't want to be the one to dig those spikes from them! :lol: I suddenly remembered those power hits from Yumilka Ruiz. Looking at the livescore, the difference in attacks and blocks are small. Cuba is paying the price for their errors. If they could reduce that, it's not impossible for them to take at least a set from Russia.

• It's their natural prowess. I wouldn't want to be the one to dig those spikes from them! :lol: I suddenly remembered those power hits from Yumilka Ruiz. Looking at the livescore, the difference in attacks and blocks are small. Cuba is paying the price for their errors. If they could reduce that, it's not impossible for them to take at least a set from Russia.

Yepp, they are very mediocre in everything that isnt attack and serve nowadays so its hard to win matches against good teams for them. Their defence is almost non-existent.

Great win for Russia, Gamovas played a fantastic match!

• I think with this victory Russia is really close to qualification, since they still have to face Peru and Taipei, who they will most likelly win.

Theya re playing really well. Estes making great game in the back, adn Goncharova handling well in front, Gamova and all players actually seems to be in better shape right now. Specially Startseva and Perepelkina...I guess they are finally recovering from injuries they had in past. It is nice to see...good volleyball performance. ^^

I hope SErbia can improve themselves as well, though I'm honestly afraid of what they can do right now. :S

• Indeed Russia is playing better now as u say Joana...must make the coach a bit confused, when they play better with Estes and Natasha (both very impressing so far IMO), than they played with their "original" OHs in Sokolova and Kosheleva. Well, its a kind of "luxury" problem I guess but anyway hehe

• when will start the bigh match? and is there any link?

• 1) I am not a girl !!!
    2) Yes they won medal at home but it will not change the truth that Japan is playing with FIVB like toy :whistle:
    3)Your comment is too childish,from where topic turned to TUR x JPN ? :roll: This is volleyball everything can happen but don't be so sure about it like "ANY TIME" coz possible Japan and Turkey will meet 3-4 times this year so don't cry after if Turkey beats Japan :whistle:

What's childish about my comment? I'm just saying japan could beat turkey anytime even without tall players. Even if FIVB is giving them free passes to almost everything, I think it takes more than free passes to get you a bronze finish at the WCH.