Olympic Games - London 2012 Women (qualification process)

• Somehow, I also like Serbia to go to London. But not like this. The 5th set was kinda boring. The gameplay went down drastically . To me, the players were not playing with determination. Like their just playing an ordinary match. Even the way they celebrate some points lacks passion.

• Fifth set seemed a walk-over on purpose..Japan played without any concentration anymore..

Yeah, even if they didnt had a agreement (which we dont know, but is pretty likely), how fair is it too act like that for the Thai girls? :down: :down: :down: They must feel robbed now.

• They want Serbia in OG. That will make Russia in the same group with Japan which will also mean they will NOT face Russia whatsoever in the quarter finals..

It may be that but serioulsy u cant make plans for Olympics when u are not qulified for them and can be out losing last game, i would say it would be "smart" on Japans part to agree with Serbian
    for 3-2 outcome beforehand so they are sure to go to OG at all becasue you just dont know how will the game turn out.

• Japan's level decreased so sharp in the end :roll: The amount of service errors in the tie break is almost same with whole match.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Serbia being second worst in continental championship and still qualifying to Olympic Games via WOQT. :|

FIVB rules ;)

• Serbia being second worst in continental championship and still qualifying to Olympic Games via WOQT. :|

Serbia was actually the best in continental championship, that's why they played at WQT.

But as I said, I really don't like this and am not feeling any special joy about qualifying now. :(

• Yeah, even if they didnt had a agreement (which we dont know, but is pretty likely), how fair is it too act like that for the Thai girls? :down: :down: :down:

4th and 5th set has shown that agreement probably was in action today, it's all very bad for the game, so now I know 2 teams I definitely won't support in London!

• Japan's level decreased so sharp in the end :roll: The amount of service errors in the tie break is almost same with whole match.

Indeed. Like a robot, they served (almost) every ball behind the back line...

• I'm really not a fan of match fixing theories, but the way Japan started to play when they were leading until late in 4th set simply is highly suspicious. How do you play if you want to lose on purpose? You can't simply hit every balls out and refuse to receive all the time, everyone would know what's going on then, so you have to make it a bit more careful. Missing serves, of course not too bad, 1 meter out is enough. Let some serves of the opponent drop, of course not too many because then it would be suspicious. The serves of Malesevic came just at the right time and with hindsight they look very suspicious. And another way, give opponents points by letting them block, that way nobody can blame you of intentionally making mistakes. Serbia has 12 blocks in the whole match and I think about 5 of them came in 5th set, how can that be not suspicious???

• Japan delivered the match, but anyway, Araki made an excellent game today, she scored 21.
    I think that Serbia deserves to be in London, mainly because they have a lot of young and talented players, like Veljkovic, Zivkovic, Antonijevic, Rasic, Brakocevic, Mihajlovic and stuff :)

• shame on Japan and Serbia, and now we have a totally horrible group with BRA, US, CHN, SER, TUR, KOR :hit:

• I'm really not a fan of match fixing theories, but the way Japan started to play when they were leading until late in 4th set simply is highly suspicious. How do you play if you want to lose on purpose? You can't simply hit every balls out and refuse to receive all the time, everyone would know what's going on then, so you have to make it a bit more careful. Missing serves, of course not too bad, 1 meter out is enough. Let some serves of the opponent drop, of course not too many because then it would be suspicious. The serves of Malesevic came just at the right time and with hindsight they look very suspicious. And another way, give opponents points by letting them block, that way nobody can blame you of intentionally making mistakes. Serbia has 12 blocks in the whole match and I think about 5 of them came in 5th set, how can that be not suspicious???

:!: :!: :!:

• What a drama for Japan...

Prediction Game :
    5th place - Olympic Games 2012
    Bronze - World Grand Prix 2012
    Gold - Liga Femenina de Baloncesto de España 2011-2012 (as "LV")
    Silver - EuroBasket Women 2011 (as "LAT")
    Gold - FIBA EuroLeague Women 2011 (as "LAT")

• RUS KOR SRB top 3 as to go to OG

JPN as the best asian to go to OG

agree only 4 errors per set in the first 4 while 10 errors in the 5th interesting :whistle:

• Serbia has 12 blocks in the whole match and I think about 5 of them came in 5th set, how can that be not suspicious???

Yes, I thought especially about one from I think it was Araki in middle of 5th set, it really looked like she was hitting at the serbians hands on purpose.