Olympic Games - London 2012 Women (qualification process)

• Kenya NT announced its withdral of 2012 London OG World Qualification Tournament held in Japan this May.

PVF (Peru) submitted the application to replace Kenya's position, and FIVB is about to approve it.

8 teams attending WOQT in late May

Asia - Japan, Korea, Thailand, Chinese Taipei
    Europe - Serbia or Russia, Russia or Germany
    NORCECA - Dominican Republic or Cuba
    South America - Brazil or Peru

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• But why has Kenya resigned?

Until the ball is in game until Olympic spot is possible.

• But why has Kenya resigned?

Until the ball is in game until Olympic spot is possible.

domestic financial problem in the Kenya Volleyball federation i think...although no detailed infomation about the reason to resign...
    than paying money for travelling to far east to redeem nothing, i would rather stay at home to enjoy the summer sunshine... :dance6:

news source: http://elpoli.pe/noticia.php?id=2977 :rolll:

to be me...

• maybe one of the European countries would be a better choice....

it makes sense at some points, but not actually easy to carry out in FIVB mode...
    its been fixed at 2 vacancies for years....
    even it happened that russia was sent to africa, no more than 2 spots for european teams is arranged at WOQT...

to be me...

• it makes sense at some points, but not actually easy to carry out in FIVB mode...
    its been fixed at 2 vacancies for years....
    even it happened that russia was sent to africa, no more than 2 spots for european teams is arranged at WOQT...

not so many years ago, in 2000, there was 3 countries fromEurope :) So it's not such a big problem, I think.

• I was reading the fivb rules for theWorld Olympic Qualification, and actually makes sense going to Peru acording to the rules, it says:

• 1 host team (Japan)
    • 3 teams from Asia (not qualified for the Olympic Games)
    • 4 non-Asian teams being the highest ranked teams not-qualified for the Olympic Games (as at January 4, 2012 or following the completion of all Continental Olympic Qualification Tournaments, whichever is later) as per drawing of lots distribution - 2 Europe, 1 NORCECA, 1 South America or 1 Africa. According to the FIVB Board of Administration decision the vacancy from South America/Africa will be granted to the highest ranked team on the world ranking (between South America and Africa)

It already says in the rules should be one vacancy for Africa or South America, so if Africa wont go...

I would prefer to see an European team...the quality difference is absurd...but I dont agree with all qualification system anyway..I dont know if my opinion would count..hehe

but acoridng to the rules that exist...that should be it.

• not so many years ago, in 2000, there was 3 countries fromEurope :) So it's not such a big problem, I think.

yes....
    16 years ago......1996 WOQT, Asia COQT separately arranged, totally 2 asian teams and 6 european teams to complete the tournament;
    12 years ago......2000 WOQT plus Asia COQT, totally 3 asian teams, 3 european teams, 1 Norceca team and 1 South American Team to complete the tournament, it is still very good to recall these players called weersing, lefrink, b.jelic, cacciatori, bragaglia, garastri, mifkova....
    but after that year, no more than 2 european teams attended the tournament...what a pity

to be me...

• Turkey:

Esra Gümüş, Gülden Kayalar Kuzubaşıoğlu, Neslihan Darnel, Büşra Cansu (Eczacıbaşı Vitra)
    Ergül Avcı, Gözde Kırdar, Güldeniz Önal, Gizem Güreşen, Bahar Toksoy, Özge Kırdar Çemberci (Vakıfbank Türk Telekom)
    Eda Erdem Dündar, Naz Aydemir (Fenerbahçe Universal)
    Polen Uslupehlivan (Nilüfer Belediye)
    Neriman Özsoy (Dinamo Krasnodar)

• Turkey:

Esra Gümüş, Gülden Kayalar Kuzubaşıoğlu, Neslihan Darnel, Büşra Cansu (Eczacıbaşı Vitra)
    Ergül Avcı, Gözde Kırdar, Güldeniz Önal, Gizem Güreşen, Bahar Toksoy, Özge Kırdar Çemberci (Vakıfbank Türk Telekom)
    Eda Erdem Dündar, Naz Aydemir (Fenerbahçe Universal)
    Polen Uslupehlivan (Nilüfer Belediye)
    Neriman Özsoy (Dinamo Krasnodar)

Wow...very very very strong squad....
    they have big chance to reach the final even win the ticket IMO.

to be me...

• Wow...very very very strong squad....
    they have big chance to reach the final even win the ticket IMO.

I would like to see Seda in the roster as Neslihan isn't in a top form..I hope she performs well because her performance is very important for us..I think the starting six will be like that:
    Naz-Neslihan, Eda-Bahar, Gözde-Neriman, Gülden

Esra and Büşra are in a great form as well..Most probably Gizem will be used for defence and Gülden for receiving..I have no idea about Neriman's shape as there aren't any stats for Krasnodar so far..I hope we would get a ticket for OG..This is our last and only chance girls! Please take it :super:

• Thanks to Turkish Federation, which prevent all Poles watching tournament in Ankara. The Turks are demanding huge money for broadcasting rights and even Polsat won't buy it. :thumbdown:

http://londyn2012.przegladspor…rtykul,134758,1,1014.html

The Turks are not willing to negotiate. They prefer not to sell right, than reduce the price - Says Piotr Pykel deputy head of sport in Polsat, which shows almost all volleyball events.- This time we have to fold. If the price does not change, do not we show the tournament in Ankara - he adds.

I'm really angry. Thanks a lot to Turkish Federation. :cursing:

• The Canadian Women's National Team arrived in Winnipeg on Monday to begin training for the most important tournament in four years, the NORCECA Olympic Qualification Tournament.

The tournament takes place in Tijuana, Mexico from April 29-May 5th.

Canada, currently ranked #22 in the world, finds themselves in a pool with Dominican Republic (world #9), Puerto Rico (world #19) and Honduras (world #69).

They will play a round robin against those teams before crossing over with the second pool which has Cuba (world #10), Mexico (world #27), Costa Rica (world #28), and Trinidad & Tobago (world #34).

In order to qualify for the Olympic Games, Team Canada must win this tournament. Canada last appeared in the Olympic Games in Atlanta in 1996.

Team Canada will travel with a roster of 12 athletes. The following athletes are currently vying for a spot on this roster, which will be determined by Monday, April 23.

Left Sides: Tammy Mahon, Tonya Mokelki, Marie-Pier Murray-Methot, Liz Cordonier, Kyla Richey. Middle Blockers: Jennifer Hinze, Marisa Field, Tasha Holness, Nadine Alphonse. Right Sides: Sarah Pavan, Brittney Page. Setters: Jaclyn Ellis, Kelci French. Liberos: Julie Young, Claire Hanna.

• Mexican National Volleyball Team started its preparation for the NORCECA Women’s Olympic Qualifier Tournament at the Baja California High Performance Center.

Mexico will compete with a young group composed by girls from the U-20 and U-22 categories.

At this time, Mexican Women’s Volleyball has started a new era after the designation of Estanislao Matias Vachino, from Argentina, as national coach due to his experience in competitive leagues of Brazil and his native country.

Vachino has also worked with very talented players such as Marianela Robinet , who has represented Argentina in several international events like the Pan American Cup and also has played in Europe.

The Mexican Volleyball Federation has considered a total of 22 candidates to make the national team, and after a concentration and evaluation process a final cut will be made to have the final roster for the competition.

For the last years Mexico has set a blue print with a group of young and talented players with international experience like Samantha Bricio, Alejandra Isiordia, Alicia Castro, Jocelyn Urias, Ana Gabriela Nieto, Valeria Hernandez, Gabriela Nieto, Yesenia Celedon, Gabriela Chavez, and Seomara Sainz.

They were part of the team that finished in second place at the 2011 Girls U-18 Pan American Cup and also participated in the FIVB Girls U-18 World Championship in Ankara, Turkey. At the same time, some other girls like Itzel Gaytan, Cecilia Rios and Karla Giselle Sainz will try to contribute with their experience at the 2011 Pan American Games in Guadajalara.

The main goal is to start a medium and long term process with solid basis of players with International exposure prior to the Central American and Caribbean Games cycle of Veracruz 2014 as well as the Pan American Cycle of 2015 and the Olympic Games of 2016 that will be celebrated in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

• Isn't it the job of CEV to take care of the rights? After all it's CEV tournament...either way Laola will show as far as I know.

• Cev did take care of it - tournament is in Turkey so its normal that tv from that country will have to produce the signal hence they have the rights.

Yes of course it's normal that home country has all rights, but 125,000 euro for this tournament is too much. Polsat made many events and cost of this tournament are asinine.

• SPORTS TV will broadcast this tournament which is not possible to watch it from internet.Turkish people also don't like this channel all recievers don't have this channel.NTVSpor would be much better choice but probably Federation opened a bid and SPORTS TV won it :thumbdown: but i think federation will show all matches from voleyboltv.com too ^^

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup: