Olympic Games - London 2012 Women (qualification process)

• Because as FIVB said it is Asian Olympic Qualification Tournament but AVC Confederation has big heart and lets 4 Teams from abroad play here :D

• The pre-qualification tournament: (november)

Pre-qualificazione 1: Russia, Spagna, Romania, Belgio, Slovacchia, Austria
    Pre-qualificazione 2: Croazia, Olanda, Francia, Israele, Grecia, Svezia
    Pre-qualificazione 3: Azerbaijan, Rep.Ceca, Bulgaria, Ucraina, Ungheria, Danimarca

The team in blod is the host of the tournament.

Formula: two pools of three teams, the first two teams will play the semifinals (crossed), then the final. Who'll won the final will be in the European Qualification Tournament hosted in Turkey (8-13 May as the male?). Turkey (as host), Serbia, Germany, Italy and Poland (top 4 at ECh, excluding Turkey) are already qualificated to the EQT. In case one/more of these teams (Serbia, Germany, Italy) will be qualificate trhought the WC, the same number of second classificated in the pre-qualification tournament will join the EQT.

As you know only the winner of the EQT will qualificate to the Olympics

• FIVB really annoys me. The vast majority of these teams have no chance in hell to qualify for the Olympics and they shouldn't be forced to waste their time, money and energy on an ultimately pointless competition.
    Volleyball should follow the model of basketball when it comes to Olympic qualifications. The world champion should automatically qualify for the Olympics. Continental championships should also hand out a couple of tickets. The rest should qualify through ONE Olympic qualification tournament and be done with it.

• FIVB really annoys me. The vast majority of these teams have no chance in hell to qualify for the Olympics and they shouldn't be forced to waste their time, money and energy on an ultimately pointless competition.
    Volleyball should follow the model of basketball when it comes to Olympic qualifications. The world champion should automatically qualify for the Olympics. Continental championships should also hand out a couple of tickets. The rest should qualify through ONE Olympic qualification tournament and be done with it.

fairly agree with your proposal

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

Totally agree!!!To start would be much more fair, would also be less exausting for players...and would definelty have the best teams playing Olympic Games, not what happens today!

I also think they should incresed from 12 to 16 teams in Olympics Games!

• Next change- in match 4 quarters with 15 minutes. If is tie the Winner is Team which destroyed Opponent more with points in one of 4 quarters f.ex in one quarter is 12-4. So We have match about max 1 hour 20 minutes ^^

• Remember My Dear that FIVB has spoken and will speak about it.

Volleyball is one and the only group sport which hasn't time limit.

It is only a question do time ^^

• FIVB also spoke about 2 foreign player limitation in all leagues and it never happened. Volleyball will never be played on time, it would change the basic character of the game. Remember Volleyball is not only played in national teams and professional leagues but by millions of people worldwide, and nobody who plays volleyball himself wants it to be played by time.

• What's the roster of Dutch, Czech Rep, Bulgaria, Azerbaiijan NT for pre-Olympic Qualification ?

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• What's the roster of Dutch, Czech Rep, Bulgaria, Azerbaiijan NT for pre-Olympic Qualification ?

Setters:
    Diana Nenova (Lokomotiv - Baku, Azerbaijan)
    Lyubka Debarlieva (Leningradka - St. Petersburg, Russia)
    Tsvetelina Nikolova (Maritza - Plovdiv, Bulgaria)

Opposites:
    Emilia Nikolova (Spes Conegliano, Italy)

OHs:
    Dobriana Rabadzhieva (Rabita - Baku, Azerbaijan)
    Eva Yaneva (Dynamo - Moscow, Russia)
    Elitsa Vasileva (Norda Foppapedretti-Bergamo, Italy)
    Kremena Kamenova (Lokomotiv - Baku, Azerbaijan)
    Maria Karakasheva (Zarechye - Odintsovo, Russia)
    Tanya Sabkova (Besiktas - Istanbul, Turkey)

MBs:
    Gabriela Koeva (Riso Scotti - Pavia, Italy)
    Strashimira Filipova (Uralochka-NTMK - Ekaterinburg, Russia)
    Christina Ruseva (Norda Foppapedretti - Bergamo, Italy)
    Tsvetelina Zarkova (2004 Tomis - Constanta, Romania)

Liberos:
    Ivelina Monova (Maritza - Plovdiv, Bulgaria)
    Maria Filipova (Lokomotiv - Baku, Azerbaijan)