World Cup 2011

• FIVB Blog by Maurizia Cacciatori

I agree with every word she says.

Me too, expecially with what she said about Leo & Lin.

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Congrats USA! :dance6: :dance6: :dance6:

One more win and THE WORLD CUP CROWN IS OURS!!! :box:

If USA takes the crown, Lindsey Berg would be my choice for MVP. Like what Maurizia Cacciatori said in her blog, Lindsey's attitude is outstanding not to mention she's a very very very good setter. Go captain!

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• China will take the 3rd and last ticket to London Games.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Whoever will be the winner, in my opinion Carolina Costagrande is the Most Valuable Player of this tournament.

• ^^ I found informations that in the African Olympic Qualification Tournament to 1996 Atlanta played Russia :rolll: , Kenya and Nigeria in Kenya. FIVB wrote to Kenya that two country isn't enough and They must invite another Team. Kenya wrote that agree but it must be country from Oceania. FIVB agree and wrote that it will be Russia and Kenya agree :lol:

• But the most probably truth is that Egypt who was 12 in the 1995 World Cup withdraw in the last moment and instead of Egypt FIVB gave chance to the highest Team from Ranking who didn't qualify yet and it was Russia. That info is from wiki.

• Everyone is blaming Germany, but it could have been worse. Without the point that they earned today, they would be definitely out of the podium. :lol: But now, there is still a chance

Well, i don´t think the team is to blame, ´cause the coach´s desicions which obviously confuse the players and their play, ain´t the teams fault.

Of course it could´ve been worse and there´s still a chance, but this chance depends on the result of the match between the United States and Japan. Germany MUST win against China and hope Japan loses against the US.
    This puts a lot of pressure on the players...

• Well, i don´t think the team is to blame, ´cause the coach´s desicions which obviously confuse the players and their play, ain´t the teams fault.

Of course it could´ve been worse and there´s still a chance, but this chance depends on the result of the match between the United States and Japan. Germany MUST win against China and hope Japan loses against the US.
    This puts a lot of pressure on the players...

Yes. The fact of the matter is: the result itself, in the match versus Japan wasn't that important. It was important, obviously, for the fact that the two sets won by Germany are still what gives them hope. But they could've lost the match and the later beaten China, and then get through. Or, on the other hand, if they had beaten Japan and then lost to China, beating Japan would'nt mean a thing. So the loss itself it's not what's more important, but the game displayed by the team. It takes away the confidence necessary to beat China. Obviously, we already knew the team was playing inconsistently: amazing against USA, poor against Dominican Republic. But they knew the match against Japan was crucial, especially because it leads to the final match, the one, versus China. Germany could've killed the match in the 4th set. This happened before. Now, they can still do it, but I, as the majority of other posters, as I can see, now hold China as the favorites.

• So Germany has got the most important match tomorrow. Maybe they will not be in TOP3, but they have to be 4th, because thanks 70 points German girls will be above Russia and with Serbia will play in intercontinental tournament. Russians was so sure, that they will play in IQT...

• So Germany has got the most important match tomorrow. Maybe they will not be in TOP3, but they have to be 4th, because thanks 70 points German girls will be above Russia and with Serbia will play in intercontinental tournament. Russians was so sure, that they will play in IQT...

from the history data, i believe the WR points will not be double calculated in both CCh points and WC points....

the WR points of the teams participating in WC will be adjusted according the new WC record and the CCh points will be deducted...

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• from the history data, i believe the WR points will not be double calculated in both CCh points and WC points....

the WR points of the teams participating in WC will be adjusted according the new WC record and the CCh points will be deducted...

So we have deducted all Continental champions 30 points and 26 vice-CH?

• from the history data, i believe the WR points will not be double calculated in both CCh points and WC points....

There is nothing in the FIVB rules that says that.

• WC is the a part of WOQT....it is not sharing the same level with WCh and OG...
    PS: WGCC even does not have any WR points...

my point of view, and FIVB always did the same in history

it is not fair for the teams not taking part in the WC if WC points will be counted and still the CCh is done in the same way...
    in order to make the difference between the WC teams and CCh teams, the weight of WC points are relatively higer, therefore, the teams in WC have to directly give up their results in CCh...

to be me...

• Ah, so it's only your dreams :D I really doubt, that FIVB will change rules.
    Whole qualifications process in not fair. At OG from Europe should go 5-6 teams and its really hard to be. I'm really happy, that Brazil didn't get ticket from WC only because in London will be one weak team less. Great Britain (Gosh!) and country from Africa is too much! Intercontinental Tournament should be in Europe and teams from over the world should play against Europeans teams. It would be good example who is better, but of course Japan have to be protected.

• There is nothing in the FIVB rules that says that.

it really sucks we cannot find the links for the previous edition of WR....i just have slight memory of it....
    anyone would give detailed proof or other explanation would be good for me...lol

to be me...