World Cup 2011

• No no no....if china has done it in 3 sets against Deutsland...then...Japan would not have chance to enter top 3 even if they defeated big USA in straight sets...

No, I mean Japan should have more motivations to win vs USA if they know they can be 3. But now to do this Germany must win in the tie break.

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Anyone else irritated with the high-pitched voices of these Chinese players? :lol: I don't need to watch the stream even by listening I would identify who got the point.

Anyway, Germany is done! Congrats China

Once I was irritated by Serbia's clapping while serving, but in fact Chinese girls need to scream because the audience are at Germany's side. China and Japan are always at the opposite side.

• One positive thing for Germany based from this World Cup is that they can become the world's best team if they decide to.

They have very good players, just sometimes mentally they are not focused on winning. Maren Brinker is a revelation.

Hoping for good things for this German squad...and hopefully we'll see them in London! (even if they defeated USA :lol: )

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• China is completly dominating Germany. I must admit I am very happy to see them back at this level. The international game needs a strong Asian team. China's middle attack and block has been great all match.

• Once I was irritated by Serbia's clapping while serving, but in fact Chinese girls need to scream because the audience are at Germany's side. China and Japan are always at the opposite side.

Asian rivalry..I understand! :thumbsup:

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• One positive thing for Germany based from this World Cup is that they can become the world's best team if they decide to.

They have very good players, just sometimes mentally they are not focused on winning. Maren Brinker is a revelation.

Hoping for good things for this German squad...and hopefully we'll see them in London! (even if they defeated USA :lol: )

I think you're being very generous with that statement. One big upset doesn't necessarily make you a contender. Brinker and Kozuch are too unpredictable in their attack. Yes, when they're playing on fire they can win, but that can be said for most of the teams at this level.

• I think you're being very generous with that statement. One big upset doesn't necessarily make you a contender. Brinker and Kozuch are too unpredictable in their attack. Yes, when they're playing on fire they can win, but that can be said for most of the teams at this level.

The comeback of Grun has really made Germany a contender. They won the silver in ECH and now they have defeated the Team who will most likely win the World Cup. I guess you are right on that last sentence but Germany is a completely different team if they decides to play their best. And too bad, Kozuch cannot be the same player she was 2 years ago. Just imagine Kozuch-Grun-Furst.

• In London Italy, USA and China...

X. Zhang MIP

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

• Congrats China! 3 countries from 3 different continents have qualified from this World Cup... I love it!

So far we have this 4 countries confirmed for London Games

1). Great Britain (Host)
    2). Italy
    3). USA
    4). China

8 more... :box:

• Ok, now Japan will win the Asian, Brasil the South America, Cuba dn Dominicans will fight in NORCECA....while that in Europe....Turkey, Russia, Serbia, Germany, Poland, Netherlands, Bulgaria and Croatia / 1 spot..........Im sorry, but FIVB Olympic Qualif. in just nonsense to me....

• Ok, now Japan will win the Asian, Brasil the South America, Cuba dn Dominicans will fight in NORCECA....while that in Europe....Turkey, Russia, Serbia, Germany, Poland, Netherlands, Bulgaria and Croatia / 1 spot..........Im sorry, but FIVB Olympic Qualif. in just nonsense to me....

There is no use in endless complaining about the qualification system. It is what it is. The European teams need to take the World Cup more seriously if their intentions are getting the most number of teams in the Olympics. Bravo to Italy because they played well when it mattered and EARNED their spot. All of the teams have the same chances to qualify and Germany had their destiny in their own hands and weren't able to qualify. Serbia CHOSE to no bring it's "A" squad and suffered the consequence. World ranking doesn't justify qualification to the OG. Netherlands, Bulgaria, Croatia, and Poland are just okay teams and their absence won't matter at the OG. One of Turkey, Russia, Germany, and Serbia will qualify at the Euro Qualifier and probably two others will qualify at the Intercontinental. 4 European teams is fine.

• Anyone else irritated with the high-pitched voices of these Chinese players? :lol: I don't need to watch the stream even by listening I would identify who got the point.

Honestly I hate it :thumbdown: Okay, Hate is such a strong word...Let's say I don't like it at all :lol: Maybe this is why I don't watch China matches, If It's opponent ain't one of my favourites.

• perfect game for China indeed.....China was dominating Germany for the whole match...but only 2 comments...

1. i admire furst very much....she was gorgeous...i have followed most of her games in NT or Club team, she is talented at blocking, her judgement and movement are just matched up very well...

in the third set, Wang Yimei gave Furst some outstanding clear blocks, i believe Wang is a brave warrior and very much eager for the victory, but she is still not good at transforming her performance, especially when she encountered the pressure over net...as an experienced player in China, she did not show her whole capacity today.

2. the fluctuation control is the big task for both China and Germany in such a crucial matches...China did far better than Germany, the both teams performed like taking roller coaster with big up-n-downs....anyway, China was over-excited and Germany was too down at the beginning of the third set, and in the last part, the situation is out of China's Control and Germnay began to play some normal points...but that was not enough for Germany to pull the game back after they were clear the elimination from top3 of World Cup.

:set: :bump: :serve:

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• I think Japan will have mure chance to win if hte know Germany has won and they can surpass Germany and China. I hope in the help of the audience also if I haven't expected to not support my second farourite team (USA)

I thought the same... Now Japan will play only for glory :rolll: and for their fans , while USA will play for the WC...

As always, in volleyball there are always surprises, but I don't expect Japan to beat USA... still, for Italy to win the WC if the match will go to tie break is enough, so who knows :whistle: :rolll:

• I prefer Marta Bechis to Signorile as well. Wow, but I didn't know a lot of Italian users don't really like Signorile like this.

• Honestly I hate it :thumbdown: Okay, Hate is such a strong word...Let's say I don't like it at all :lol: Maybe this is why I don't watch China matches, If It's opponent ain't one of my favourites.

You should watch it. And you should see how Brazil and Japan cheers with even louder voice. Don't have prejudice anyway.

• There is no use in endless complaining about the qualification system. It is what it is. The European teams need to take the World Cup more seriously if their intentions are getting the most number of teams in the Olympics. Bravo to Italy because they played well when it mattered and EARNED their spot. All of the teams have the same chances to qualify and Germany had their destiny in their own hands and weren't able to qualify. Serbia CHOSE to no bring it's "A" squad and suffered the consequence. World ranking doesn't justify qualification to the OG. Netherlands, Bulgaria, Croatia, and Poland are just okay teams and their absence won't matter at the OG. One of Turkey, Russia, Germany, and Serbia will qualify at the Euro Qualifier and probably two others will qualify at the Intercontinental. 4 European teams is fine.

Im sorry, but I dont think is simple as that.......most European teams have just exausting calendars...it is easy to say they dont take serious, but of course they do! But they cant play with injuried players, or players with no physical condition...

And just because the qualification it is how it is, means I have to agree with it and shut up about it.

I dont think is fair that the competition gets restricted by continents, I think should be more open, the teams should not have desavantage cause they were unlucky to be in an continente where there are such other good teams, while others have no competition at all.....only with more open competition, between continents right away, then we would really know who was the best team that deserved the spot in Olympics...who knwos maybe Europe teams would get 5, 6 spots, maybe they would get only 3, but at least we would know for sure that the real best one was the one in the qualification...that is what I think...and I wont stop complaining about it, cause it is just stupid.

• I thought the same... Now Japan will play only for glory :rolll: and for their fans , while USA will play for the WC...

As always, in volleyball there are always surprises, but I don't expect Japan to beat USA... still, for Italy to win the WC if the match will go to tie break is enough, so who knows :whistle: :rolll:

I don't expect it but I hope it XD