2012 Junior Volleyball European Championship - Ankara/Turkey

• You are representing that like it's a difference of a whole block, not only 0,07 which is nothing, not even a tenth part. Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital. :whistling: . Mina also played in a better team that played the final, and against harder rivals. She proved once again that she is the best blocker of this generation, after wining third best blocker award in a row in a big competitions.

Anyway, congrats to Turkish girls and all Turkish fans here, they deserved it. And also congrats to Serbian girls, they played the whole tournament great, but they couldn't stand the pressure, this was a great opportunity for them to get a gold medal, but it doesn't matter the most important from this competitions are not medals, but players who can play in the senior national teams in the future

yes they conceal an important part but for me it tells something which people don't want to know :whistle: 8)

• @Sheilla , in your opinion
    who can be A team player on Serbian side in this generation?

Actually i hadnt like Busa a lot before but at the final she played well.i liked Serbian Setter .Trniç is a good palyer.

In my opinion, Busa is kind of player what we need for the national team, she's all around and plays very smart.. I think she has a lot of room for improvement.
    This is a talented generation, but we'll see how many of them will be in A team,because the Serbian team is already full of young players. In my opinion we should start from begining, in creating a new team for Rio, and with other coach, but that's just me: D. Setter Mirkovic has much improved from last season, but I do not see her in A team because of competition that she has (Ognjenovic, Antonijevic, Zivkovic, Radenkovic). Probably, most of these girls will get a chance in the Euro League, or a bit less competition, but I only see Busa in a big competition. As for Čikiriz she has less competition (Brakocevic, Bjelica) than Mirkovic, and she will get a spot in A team easier than her. (Not counting Starovic and Djerisilo and hope that they will no longer be called by Terzic, especially Starovic, it would be better if Bjelica went to the Olympics). As far as the blocker, I think Popovic will get a chance before Trnić because Mina is primarily a blocker, Trnić attacker, besides Rasic and Veljkovic that are great attackers we don't need MB who is better in attacking than blocking. As far as libero Dragutinovic, I do not know what to think, she is neither good nor bad. In this position, I do not know what we are going to do after Popovic and Cebic, I really do not see who could get closer to their quality.
    I think I got a little off topic :lol: :lol:

• i agree with your comment.Buşa can be a good Oh for the Serbian future,also is a tall player.Popoviç is a short player for that position she is very good blocker but Trnic looks like more a middle player with her attack and height and velocity.Poor Mirkoviç! she has to wait a little longer that her team mates to join the A team because of competion.Staroviç and Drerisilo shouldnt be in the NT anymore.Djerisilo could be called for the NT only as OPP not Oh.

• At the end of the tournament, you finally understand that Turkey didn't get an easier group since 2 best teams of Group A beat 2 best teams of Group B and they played final. :roll:

The tournament ended as excpected. In youth level, ranking was:

1-TURKEY
    2-ITALY
    3-SERBIA
    4-GERMANY
    5-POLAND
    6-SLOVAKIA

The only surprise was Russia's unexpected success since they didn't even manage to play in youth championship 2 years ago :what:

Turkey got amazing trıo gold youth ECh, youth WCh and junior ECH. :obey: I don't remember such a domination of any generation ?( However, I believe that being host of these three tournament helps too much, which is not good for the developments of players. Only reason why we won these three finals very easily was the electrified spectators which make too much pressure on opponents. For examply Serbia has beaten us easily in group stage and collapsed in the final. It was same with China at youth WCh; they beat us in group stage and lost easily at final. Of course, being host is always important at any level, moreover at youth and junior level it has much more influence on players. I don't say that being host is the only reason, I am sure that this roster would be on top 4 wherever the competition was held. On the other hand, it makes me concern to consider that we won all finals without performing well, thanks to opponents bad performance :S

I've always stressed that rising players that could upgrade senior team is much more important than having medals. In this regard, I am kinda pessimistic with our roster. MVP of both youth WCh and junior ECh Damla Çakıroğlu doesn't seem to be capable of playing better than any of our senior OHs. She is doing fine at youth/junior level but she is very short to play at international level, moreover she is neither jumping crazy nor seems like a Cuban-like athletic player :roll: Her reception is way far from Esra's level, not close to even Gözde :whistle: Frankly, our libero is a crazy defender but horrible at reception, which we already have a defender libero (Gizem) we need one who is specialized on receiving since Gülden will quit NT soon. About our MBs; Kübra Akman takes advantage of her height which could cover her slow feet however this only works at this level, in senior team she will not be more than Bahar. :wall: Otherwise, I like Aslı Kalaç a lot but unfortunately she doesn't also has enough height to play international level. Only promising player from these generation is Ceylan Arısan who has good technique and is not as slow as Kübra.

About best player awards, CEV never relies on pure statistics like FIVB does. They generally prefer to give these awards to the players from top teams and they almost never gave more than one award to one player (Indeed, Damla was the best server of the tournament as well) On the other hand, I thinks awards were still fair. As sheila mentioned above, Mina Popoviç is a dominating block monster. She showed her pure blocking skills at all tournaments, slightly difference with Kakolewska doesn't matter since Mina played against better teams at semifinal and final. Izquierdo might not have the best spiking percentage but considering amount of her attack attempts and consistent level at every match, it is not unfair as well. The only award I didn't make anything of was best setter award. I strongly believe that Mirkova is very average player. She might be the worse one who played in Serbia's junior team so far among Radenkoviç, Zivkoviç, Antanijoviç and Ognjenoviç. From Serbia's team I like both MBs and Busa. Since Serbia has already young superb MBs at NT, the only gain would be Busa for them.

Among all teams I've watched in this tournament, Ilchenko was the one impressed me a lot. She has very very good technique and volleyball intelligence :rose:

• Very good analysis, Serdar :teach: :drink:

Yes, Ceylan Arisan (MB) has a good future !! Damla Cakiroglu is too short and not powerful enough, unfortunately, to play at highest level at Senior NT.

• Serdar don't remind what I wrote in the past because I should remind that You had to remind Someone something if Turkey reaches Olympic Quarters :lol:

• Congratulations, Turkey! It seems the future just like the past belongs to the sultans (in women volley) :win:

P>S Of course group B was stronger. It was proven in the 5-8th place matches where group B teams dominated.

Радо Стойчев каза: Мизия, Тракия, Македония! Западните покрайнини - завинаги български!

• I wanna see this turkish team to play abroad an international orgaisation ! I am pretty sure, with this performance, we couldnt reach the Semi finals in any other country. Turkey had the support of the spectators. Without that support, we wouldnt be the champions. Next year, we will see what they can do in Czech Republic. Although Turkey played good in and reached finals Mexico but not with this low level performance. They have to prepare much better, if not, they will not world champs.

• i dont agree..my opinion is that the big part of the succes belongs to the girls.Its absurd to predict what we would have done if we hadnt been the host.they are two differeent things.Reaching conclusions on predictions are ABSURD!! .so why all the host teams cant win all the home tournament? this is also another story.why didnt those spectators help the team as losing sets? Sure its kind of advantage but managing to grab the title is not something easy for everyone.we played very well defence at the final and deserved it.I had said at group stage that Serbian team didnt do anything speacial beating us 3-0,we just made stupid reception mistakes and attacking mistakes,we didnt play smartily.At the final we lessened the number of mistakes and we received better and the result came.Poland beat Italy,Italy beat Russia,Germany beat Poland...as you see this exists in girl's volleyball.Belgium was close to a tie bireak against Serbia .So why shouldnt we have beat Serbia 3-0 at the final? PLS enjoy the succes,the tournament finished and making this kind of comments is just absurd!

If we prepare well then can achieve a succes at Czech R as well.i believe in these girls! ( i dont care if they will get gold or nothing, im happy with this succes)They just need to play in a club team.

• Only Turkey as Host may win every Tournamet because only Turkey has interactive court-lines.

• I wanna see this turkish team to play abroad an international orgaisation ! I am pretty sure, with this performance, we couldnt reach the Semi finals in any other country. Turkey had the support of the spectators. Without that support, we wouldnt be the champions. Next year, we will see what they can do in Czech Republic. Although Turkey played good in and reached finals Mexico but not with this low level performance. They have to prepare much better, if not, they will not world champs.

Off topic: king, great avatar :thumbsup: :drink:
    That series got me into volleyball as a kid and I never left it since then...

• Off topic: king, great avatar :thumbsup: :drink:
    That series got me into volleyball as a kid and I never left it since then...

thank you Matthias :drink: that were good old times ! I am glad to have it on DVD :heart:

But still, I am waiting for the "Bagger-Angriff". No Salinas, No Fofao, No Lo Bianco or Takeshita has the ability :down: :lol:

• thank you Matthias :drink: that were good old times ! I am glad to have it on DVD :heart:

But still, I am waiting for the "Bagger-Angriff". No Salinas, No Fofao, No Lo Bianco or Takeshita has the ability :down: :lol:

:lol: And Mireya Luis never did the salto attack, she's probably the only one who was jumping high enough to try it ;)
    I have most episodes on VHS from when it was on TV the last time some years ago, but I also downloaded the series when it was on some video platforms...

For the international users: the series was immensely popular in Germany in the 90s and a lot of young girls (and some boys too) started playing volleyball because of it.

• :lol: And Mireya Luis never did the salto attack, she's probably the only one who was jumping high enough to try it ;)
    I have most episodes on VHS from when it was on TV the last time some years ago, but I also downloaded the series when it was on some video platforms...

For the international users: the series was immensely popular in Germany in the 90s and a lot of young girls (and some boys too) started playing volleyball because of it.

It was a crazy cartoon series :rolll:

They were the reason I started to interest myself for volleyball. Some nice girls trying some creative attack, e.g. "Dreier-Angriff by Yagisawa Sisters, or "der Blinde Fleck" :dance6: :dance6: :dance6:

Anyway it gets too off topic but here you can watch the series if anyone is interested : http://www.anime-loads.org/media/1130

• but it doesn't matter the most important from this competitions are not medals, but players who can play in the senior national teams in the future

True, but I don't really see a player who could make a significant impact in near future, and it goes for both Serbia and Turkey. I know they're still very young and have a lot of room for improvement, but I expected a deeper talent pool, to be honest.

• To be honest, i am not interested in following the young age group tournaments much. The other side, this young generation of Turkey have been doing excellent job which nobody can't ignore. Playing at home all the tournaments they won was a big chance for these girls to reach the aim in an easier way. But you know, you can't win anything without having power. Yesterday, Turkey swept Serbia in any moment of the game as managing to combine with the players and the supporters.

For me, having the players who believe to reach the achievements and correspondingly have a strong self-confidence is very important at this age group. This will probably make the players easier taking place to the A team. But it is sure that any young players from Serbia and Turkey will have to work even harder.

Congratulations young sultans and the teams winning medals.