World Grand Prix 2012

• I don't think anyone accused China of losing on purpose and everybody acknoledges their problems with injuries, but still it is annoying to see them play THAT bad in a match that is important for other teams, especially because in the previous matches their performance was better. The problem is not that they lost, but the way they did it, also because Brazil today also played quite weak except in 3rd set.

Yes they have improved, but their opponents so far in WGP have really been ridiculous. 2x ARG, 2x PUR, 1x DOM, 1x SRB B, 1x JPN B. The only stronger opponents they had were China and USA, and they lost both those matches, and even very clearly against USA's B team. It will be hard for them to win any match in final round, no matter what the formula is.

You can be the envy of Thailand, Cuba and Turkey to the final round.

You no reason,

:cursing: :cursing:

• Thailand has improved a lot these few years
    Thailand has beaten lots of strong teams before like
    China usa japan poland germany serbia cuba holland

They have been working so hard

In 2004 olympics qualification
    The final ranking is 1) korea 2)japan 3) russia 4) italy 5) thailand
    So it should be korea japan russia and thailand(best asian team) go to olympics
    But fivb changed it letting italy go
    Poor thai girls missed the chance

This year they have a great chance when beating serbia and cuba
    But the fake ball of japan and serbia killed the chance of thailand

Thailand has been cheated unfairly for many times

• As much as I thought Kristin Richards did not deserve the chance to play at this WGP, she proved she did.

I was pleasantly surprised with her also!

When I asked marshmellow for advance information about what players will be in USA team's roster for Bangkok, I was surprised that marshmellow said Richards was not only going to Bangkok but Richards will even be starter with Hodge at OH.

But it was true and Richards played well. :thumbup:

• As far as I know, McCutcheon said that the B team would also play in final round and the main players stay training at home. But I think even USA's B team can beat all other teams in the tournament.

From what I know, going into World Grand Prix, the plan for USA was to make the best use of the schedule and location of each leg. And this allowed them to play the starting players close to home and have a different starting lineup fly to the Asian legs of the tournament.

I talked to Hugh after every match this weekend and after the awarding ceremony, I asked him if he is going to make a change in the lineup for Ningbo, the possibility of winning 3 consecutive titles and what his expectations are for the finals.

He said that they try to not feel pressure about the 3rd WGP title. And while USA always tries to win, he said they are focusing on the bigger picture and are more invested in the process (of getting better). He said that yes he has decisions to make (about the lineup) but told me that he is happy with the team they brought to Bangkok and by the end of the weekend they were much improved compared to their first match in the first day.

So I think the plan stays as is, and I expect USA's B-team in the Final Round. And I'll keep cheering for them to medal ^^

• I guess theres no one who say thailand havent improved last years but its not the main fact
    I said thailand and turkey have come to finals facing wth easy opponets and they will have really hard times in finals
    But if i have to say something about thailand eventhough i really like their volley style(fighting for every points and doing amazing deffense) unfortunately its not enough to beat big teams like russia brazil usa as we saw third set 25 -7 :white:

• USA B will win the WGP :whistling:

Tayyiba+Scout+Bown and B team?? even Hodge, all these players have always been the part of A team.Maybe Richards can be considered B team's player...i know what B team means but i wanted to express that Usa has a bunch of A teams players that sometimes some of them are included in the rotation and some not..in short way:except Richards appearing less in Usa NT comparing with the other players, the rest of the players are some kind of A team's players.

• Hodge doesn't appears often in the A team. Thompson either. Only Bown, Glass, Harmotto and maybe Scott were members of A team. So, it was a B team, not a A+ team :roll: Or we have not the same definition of a B team

• I think its surely B team too ^^ and even its the B team they can beat any opponets in the final round but it doesnt mean that they are in super mood, the opponets are not so good right now ,only china might beat them :win:

• I think its surely B team too ^^ and even its the B team they can beat any opponets in the final round but it doesnt mean that they are in super mood, the opponets are not so good right now ,only china might beat them :win:

Interestingly i havent agreed with you on any thoughts of yours so far.. :drink: ;)
    If China plays as in the game against Brazil, do you really think they will beat usa?

• Interestingly i havent agreed with you on any thoughts of yours so far.. :drink: ;)
    If China plays as in the game against Brazil, do you really think they will beat usa?

:D Already we dont have to share same thoughts so everything is fine bro
    I suppose that china wont play such bad as yesterday and already any objective eyes can see that they did everything to lose the match against brazil i couldnt count how many serves went out :whistle: So i still think that china might beat usa B team if they play their normal game

• USA are stronger also with B team

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Laola will broadcast all matches of final round :thumbsup:

Just to clarify, I have nothing at all against Thailand team, I even like their style of play. I think they could have been in final round also with stronger opponents, but please, if you think objectively, you can't deny that they had the easiest preliminaries of all teams!

• 5 games over 5 days looking a bit scary. I hope every team will finish the final games with no injuries.

Such schedule is not humane ! :white:
    They want to destroy the players... ;(

We have to care about women! :rose:

Prediction Game :
    5th place - Olympic Games 2012
    Bronze - World Grand Prix 2012
    Gold - Liga Femenina de Baloncesto de España 2011-2012 (as "LV")
    Silver - EuroBasket Women 2011 (as "LAT")
    Gold - FIBA EuroLeague Women 2011 (as "LAT")

• Laola will broadcast all matches of final round :thumbsup:

Just to clarify, I have nothing at all against Thailand team, I even like their style of play. I think they could have been in final round also with stronger opponents, but please, if you think objectively, you can't deny that they had the easiest preliminaries of all teams!

its certain Germany is a better team than Thailand.. but they've beaten many strong teams this year and some teams like Thailand need to have some luck on their sides sometimes.... ;) for example i wish Thailand would be in London istead of Dominic R.