World Grand Prix 2012

• Are you serious about Tugce? :sos: I know how much you like players of Iller Bankası :D but for me she is a terrible setter and weakest point of team :evil: Asuman is miles better than her :whistle:

I definitely do not agree with you :D Look at the stats of the team before and after Tuğçe this season. Yes sometimes her sets are really too badd quality but our all setters have this problem. She's really creative and very passionate. Great blocker also great server too. Eczacıbaşı is interested in her, maybe we will see her there next season ^^

• Today Ozge said in twitter that she has an injury from both knees but it doesn't block her to play volleyball and she will play in Continental OQ tournament for sure (As backup of Naz i think) but seems Motta doesn't want to risk her for a long period like WGP but at least Nilay is here.Since 3-4 years Nilay had no invite from several NT coaches even she was playing really well in club teams.She will do her debut in Senior NT at her 26 hehe :lol:

I see...thank u! :flower:

And Grand Prix is always a good oportunity to give experience for other players such as Asuman and Nilay. ^^

• Japanese roster
    Rather predictable roster. New players are MB's Kanako Hirai and Riho Otake and setter Haruka Miyashita.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Unfortunately new rosters became unavailable :down:

• delete.

• seems like kaori inoue still not in the roster....i wonder if she will be playing this year's olympics....shes a good middle blocker for japan nt...

• http://www.pzps.pl/World-Grand-Prix-2012-25-zawodniczek.html

According to Polish Volleyball Federation (and FIVB too), the roosters for World Grandx Prix will be maximized from 20 to 25 players. FIVB has already done that with World League roosters.
    All Federations must now prepere shirts with 1 to 25 numbers and also plates with 21-25 numbers.

So maybe thats the reason why all the roosters are gone.

• Nice idea, but most teams are using mostly 12-14 players during whole WGP.

• Nice idea, but most teams are using mostly 12-14 players during whole WGP.

Indeed, actually they could take this chance and also proclame they will aloud teams to have 14 players inside court instead of 12! hehehe It is about time I think with the introduction of second libero!

• Setters: Yosie Takeshita, Hitomi Nakamichi, Haruka Miyashita

OH/Opp: Mai Yamaguchi, Megumi Kurihara, Saori Kimura, Saori Sakoda, Mizuho Ishida, Maiko Kano, Yukiko Ebata, Risa Shinnabe

MB: Ai Yamamoto, Kaori Inoue, Erika Araki, Nana Iwasaka, Kanako Hirai, Riho Otake

Libero: Yuko Sano, Kanari Hamaguchi, Kotoki Zayasu

• It may be changed due to idea of 25 players in roster.

• The reason for the 25 players is that with the Olympics and the World Grand Prix being so close together, it would be almost impossible to get all of the paperwork submitted in time for the FIVB and London Olympic organizers if there are any substitutions due to injuries.

Essentially, the 25 player rosters are "2 teams" if a country wanted one for the World Grand Prix and one only for London.

• Poland on WGP 2012:

1. Anna Podolec (Avtodor-Metar Czelabińsk)
    2. Krystyna Strasz (MKS Tauron Dąbrowa Górnicza)
    3. Karolina Kosek (Azzerail Baku)
    4. Izabela Bełcik (Atom Trefl Sopot)
    5. Berenika Okuniewska (Scavolini Pesaro)
    6. Agnieszka Bednarek-Kasza (Bank BPS Muszynianka Muszyna)
    7. Joanna Kaczor (Bank BPS Muszynianka Muszyna)
    8. Katarzyna Skorupa (Chateau d’Ax Urbino)
    9. Ewelina Sieczka (Atom Trefl Sopot)
    10. Kinga Kasprzak (Bank BPS Muszynianka Muszyna)
    11. Anna Werblińska (Bank BPS Muszynianka Muszyna)
    12. Izabela Żebrowska (MKS Tauron Dąbrowa Górnicza)
    13. Paulina Maj (Atom Trefl Sopot)
    14. Joanna Wołosz (BKS Aluprof Bielsko-Biała)
    15. Katarzyna Gajgał (Bank BPS Muszynianka Muszyna)
    16. Elżbieta Skowrońska (MKS Tauron Dąbrowa Górnicza)
    17. Katarzyna Skowrońska-Dolata (Evergrande Kanton)
    18. Maja Tokarska (Atom Trefl Sopot)
    19. Monika Martałek (PTPS Piła)
    20. Klaudia Kaczorowska (BKS Aluprof Bielsko-Biała)
    21. Paulina Głaz (Sparta Warszawa) - Junior NT, OH
    22. Zuzanna Czyżnielewska (Pałac Bydgoszcz)
    23. Iga Chojnacka (Siódemka Legionovia Legionowo) - Junior NT - Universal, as Youth she played as MB during WCH in Turkey, this year as opposite, but she is trainining receiving and her position should be rather OH, cuz she is too small as MB or OPP (183cm)
    24. Agnieszka Kąkolewska (SMS PZPS Sosnowiec) - Junior NT, MB (199cm)
    25. Dorota Wilk (Atom Trefl Sopot)

• bobaas, thanks :flower:
    Any information about others?

• All squad are realised today on FIVB WGP 2012site. Enjoy ;)

:thumbsup: Good news

No surprises in German team...I suppose Tzscherlich won't play at GP, if we qualify for OG she should rest her knee and not risk another injury, if we don't qualify Guidetti should use GP to develop younger players anyway. I hope Luise Mauersberger gets a chance to play this summer, she had a very good season and can be a good option for Opp position. But I have no clue why Guidetti called Sarah Petrausch again, she was on bench all season in Vilsbiburg...I'd like to see Sandra Sell from Köpenick instead, she is just one year older and was one of the best scorers of German league this season.