European League 2012

• Stats:
    http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…hStatistics.aspx?ID=23980

Lots of errors from Romania.
    Seems like a nice match from Lazarevic. Bjelica had 6 aces.

I watched most of 2nd and 3rd set and Lazarevic did not look impressive at all, her stats are quite surprising for me. She often had bad timing in attack and could just play tactical balls, but Romanian defense was bad enough to let even the easiest balls drop. I like Savic a lot as MB...

I remember someone here said last week that Radenkovic is supposed to be Serbia's future setter, but I think she is still not near the level of Ognjenovic, Antonijevic and Zivkovic.

• I started to watch the game between Serbia and Romania, but had too turn it off after a while, it was just painful too watch for me at least, so many easy errors first of all from Romania. Their timing in reception was so bad. Serbia was superior but far from convincing to me. They are still so young so its understandble though even if I dont see any future superstar in that team as it looks right now.

• Another nice 5 set match between NED and CZE and again CZE wins. Havelkova made the difference in 5th set.

The only Dutch player who has been a bit disappointing so far this summer for me is Robin de Kruijf...I think it's difficult for her to play as MB2, she is better at hitting slides than through the middle, but it's the same with Wensink and Steenbergen too. Right now I think Steenbergen is playing better, especially in block.

Sloetjes has the potential to be the main weapon for NED in the following years and also to be a better player than Flier. She's only 21 but already playing constantly on a very good level. She had some problems in tie-break today, but seeing her performances so far this summer overall, she is likely to be the future for Dutch NT.

• The only Dutch player who has been a bit disappointing so far this summer for me is Robin de Kruijf...I think it's difficult for her to play as MB2, she is better at hitting slides than through the middle, but it's the same with Wensink and Steenbergen too. Right now I think Steenbergen is playing better, especially in block.

I doubt if she is better in slide attack.. We discussed it already earlier :lol: I think it's for a big part a question of cöoperation with Laura (which is horrible).

In Dresden she did only slide attacks in the first half of the season, but in the end also attacks in front of the setter! Robin has enough jumping-power/reach to do so!

I already posted my analysis about the match in Dutch NT-thread:

I could almost repeat last week's report against CZE...

Sloetjes and Wensink (and Steenbergen) played well

Grothues: horrible in reception !!!! In attack: good in fast balls, weak in high balls.

Schoot: horrible in recpetion today!!!

Stam: good in defense and reception, but horrible in attack.

Dijkema: tactically/technically/blocking soooo weak....and she needs to set more balls to Robin!!! Good in serve.

De Kruijf: weak in block, gets hardly a ball to attack. Spoiled on court in combination with Laura, though she has a lot of potential physically.

What would happen if Sloetjes would play with a good setter...giving her sets for her high reach (at position 4)...poor opponents

• I agree with u guys about Sloetjes, I never thought she was that good, IMO she can be Netherlands answer to Goncharova, but she needs to develop and get motivation in a better in league than Bundesliga. I think its the main difference between her and for ex. Natasha right now, that she has much more experience from highest level.

• Sloetjes has the potential to be the main weapon for NED in the following years and also to be a better player than Flier. She's only 21 but already playing constantly on a very good level. She had some problems in tie-break today, but seeing her performances so far this summer overall, she is likely to be the future for Dutch NT.

Sloetjes could have scored some more points at her difficult position (which is position 4) if she gets a better (higher) set. Laura has big problems to do so, especially if the recpetion is bad. (it's a physical aspect, in my opinion).

Yes, she could become a better player then Flier, because she has a very high reach, and can attack well at all positions. Only weaker point is her serve.

• I agree with u guys about Sloetjes, I never thought she was that good, IMO she can be Netherlands answer to Goncharova, but she needs to develop and get motivation in a better in league than Bundesliga. She is to good for german league now.

I presume an important reason to renew in Münster is because it is situated very close to the Dutch border, her Dutch hometown and her Dutch university in Enschede.

I'm quite sure this will be her last season in Bundesliga, if she will finish her study next season.

• I presume an important reason to renew in Münster is because it is situated very close to the Dutch border, her Dutch hometown and her Dutch university in Enschede.

I'm quite sure this will be her last season in Bundesliga, if she will finish her study next season.

Thx for info :flower:

Stats from the game here: http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…hStatistics.aspx?ID=24038

Sloetjes with 25p and 48% in attack, and its no "lucky number", she can catch this number constantly now :thumbup:

• Thx for info :flower:

Stats from the game here: http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…hStatistics.aspx?ID=24038

Sloetjes with 25p and 48% in attack, and its no "lucky number", she can catch this number constantly now :thumbup:

Yes, I'm convinced about that too. She showed it already in the two OGQTs and is continueing now in EL.

• Only weaker point is her serve.

And it has improved a lot in the last few weeks! Last season in Münster she had matches where she missed something like half of her serves (=5-6 errors in 3 sets) even though she doesn't take high risk in serve.

As I said several times, I'm glad that she already renewed in Münster because having a player like her is good for the whole league, and in Münster she can work under very good conditions and also with a good and experienced coach. I'm sure she will continue making good progress and move to a better league (Italy I hope) next year.

• Another nice 5 set match between NED and CZE and again CZE wins. Havelkova made the difference in 5th set.

The only Dutch player who has been a bit disappointing so far this summer for me is Robin de Kruijf...I think it's difficult for her to play as MB2, she is better at hitting slides than through the middle, but it's the same with Wensink and Steenbergen too. Right now I think Steenbergen is playing better, especially in block.

Sloetjes has the potential to be the main weapon for NED in the following years and also to be a better player than Flier. She's only 21 but already playing constantly on a very good level. She had some problems in tie-break today, but seeing her performances so far this summer overall, she is likely to be the future for Dutch NT.

Dijkema is weak in block so i support Stoltenborg!
    Also Robin De Kruijf's block is slow and weak.i want to see other MB play.

• Is there anyone having idea why Iona Nemtanu is not in Romanian roster? Injury? She was the only constant spiker in their roster last year :whistle:

And Onyejekwe is playing disappointing, she seemed one of the most talented MB in her generation but after transfering Valero Zürich she didn't improve at all :down: Also their young but talented spiker Ana Cristina Cazacu is not playing, which I really don't understand :what:

BTW, what was the last time Nucu play in NT? ?(