European League 2012

• Serbia could have won the EL 4th time in a row :lol:

• Serbian squad for F4:

S: MAJA OGNJENOVIĆ (MODENA, ITALIJA) I BOJANA ŽIVKOVIĆ (VOLERO CIRIH, ŠVAJCARSKA).
    OPP: JOVANA BRAKOČEVIĆ (JT MARVELOUS, JAPAN) I SANJA STAROVIĆ (RABITA BAKU, AZERBEJDŽAN).
    L: SUZANA ĆEBIĆ (ZUL, NEMAČKA).
    MB: NATAŠA KRSMANOVIĆ (RABITA BAKU , AZERBEJDŽAN), MILENA RAŠIĆ (KAN, FRANCUSKA) I NAĐA NINKOVIĆ (VOLERO CIRIH, ŠVAJCARSKA).
    OH: JOVANA VESOVIĆ (KONSTANCA, RUMUNIJA), TIJANA MALEŠEVIĆ (VOLERO CIRIH, ŠVAJCARSKA), JELENA BLAGOJEVIĆ (URBINO, ITALIJA) I BRANKICA MIHAJLOVIĆ (VOLERO CIRIH, ŠVAJCARSKA).

Any news about Antonijevic? Is there a chance for her to recover for Olympic Games?

I read Veljkovic is recovering well and she might play in London! :)

• Serbian squad for F4:

S: MAJA OGNJENOVIĆ (MODENA, ITALIJA) I BOJANA ŽIVKOVIĆ (VOLERO CIRIH, ŠVAJCARSKA).
    OPP: JOVANA BRAKOČEVIĆ (JT MARVELOUS, JAPAN) I SANJA STAROVIĆ (RABITA BAKU, AZERBEJDŽAN).
    L: SUZANA ĆEBIĆ (ZUL, NEMAČKA).
    MB: NATAŠA KRSMANOVIĆ (RABITA BAKU , AZERBEJDŽAN), MILENA RAŠIĆ (KAN, FRANCUSKA) I NAĐA NINKOVIĆ (VOLERO CIRIH, ŠVAJCARSKA).
    OH: JOVANA VESOVIĆ (KONSTANCA, RUMUNIJA), TIJANA MALEŠEVIĆ (VOLERO CIRIH, ŠVAJCARSKA), JELENA BLAGOJEVIĆ (URBINO, ITALIJA) I BRANKICA MIHAJLOVIĆ (VOLERO CIRIH, ŠVAJCARSKA).

WTF...Serbia sends their A-roster :lol: :lol: So, that means Serbia will probably win EL :teach:

• Dutch NT will have no mutations, I presume.

So, roster will be:

Setters: Dijkema, Stoltenborg
    Opp: Sloetjes, Pietersen
    MB: Wensink, De Kruijf, Steenbergen
    OH: Stam-Pilon, Grothues, Vergeer
    L: Schoot, Knip

Schedule:

5-7, 3 PM CET: Bulgaria - Serbia

5-7, 6 PM CET: Czech Republic - The Neterlands

6-7, 3 PM CET: Small Final

6-7, 6 PM CET: Final

All matches will be broadcasted by Laola1.tv :super:

• I am predicting Serbia-Netherland final but I hope it would be Bulgaria-Czech indeed. These two teams have big potentials but not international experience. Grand prix can give them a chance to make a bigger step

• I think CZE will reach the final...they won most of the preliminary matches against NED and have improved a lot since Parisi became coach. I agree that they have a lot of potential and playing GP could help their development a lot, actually many of their players are still under 25 so they have a lot of time to grow. IMO they just need a better setter (Smutna looks promising, maybe she can be starter soon) and also at least one more good MB, Monzoni and Pastulova are OK but not great...maybe Plchotova could help the team for a few more years, I think she's the best Czech MB.

• i dont care who will be the second finalist but i really want to see holland in final and surely in GP2013(although its really hard without flier :thumbdown: ) hope dutchs can handle it ^^

• i dont care who will be the second finalist but i really want to see holland in final and surely in GP2013(although its really hard without flier :thumbdown: ) hope dutchs can handle it ^^

It will be a hell of a job to beat the Czechs at home, on Thursday...

If Dutch NT will not qualify for WGP this week, they will participate in WGPQ tournament in September...the opponents will be stronger than in EL, but at least Flier and Buijs will be back (and maybe also Staelens-sisters) :win:

• It will be a hell of a job to beat the Czechs at home, on Thursday...

If Dutch NT will not qualify for WGP this week, they will participate in WGPQ tournament in September...the opponents will be stronger than in EL, but at least Flier and Buijs will be back (and maybe also Staelens-sisters) :win:

Do you know how many teams will play WGPQ in September?

Though I hope Holland get their tickets already now. ^^

• It will be a hell of a job to beat the Czechs at home, on Thursday...

Oww i hope holland doesnt think to reach wgp ticket with playing in the tournament in september :what: I like the dutch team but i have to say that its more possible to be in wgp playing in european league for holland... there will be really hard teams like turkey germany russia poland of serbia cant qualify serbia too :S so they have to win now not another time

• I think CZE will reach the final...they won most of the preliminary matches against NED and have improved a lot since Parisi became coach. I agree that they have a lot of potential and playing GP could help their development a lot, actually many of their players are still under 25 so they have a lot of time to grow. IMO they just need a better setter (Smutna looks promising, maybe she can be starter soon) and also at least one more good MB, Monzoni and Pastulova are OK but not great...maybe Plchotova could help the team for a few more years, I think she's the best Czech MB.

Agree about Plchotova but I like Pastulova as well :whistle: only problematic positions libero and setter, both are very mediocre

By the way, I really don't believe that any of Final-Four participant get a ticket for GP in September if Germany, Turkey, Italy and Russia would play with their normal roster :whistle: Especially if FIVB will give only 5 spot for Europe again :down:

• Agree about Plchotova but I like Pastulova as well :whistle: only problematic positions libero and setter, both are very mediocre

By the way, I really don't believe that any of Final-Four participant get a ticket for GP in September if Germany, Turkey, Italy and Russia would play with their normal roster :whistle: Especially if FIVB will give only 5 spot for Europe again :down:

Probably it will be 6 spots for Europe, maybe one of them could be a wild card for Poland as usual, so in the final tournament there would be 3 more tickets (if both EL finalists get one). The problem of Russia, Italy and Turkey will be that it will be very hard to find motivation to play another tournament after OG, also depending on the performance there. I remember in 2008 the GPQ also was after OG and Italy and Russia did not use their best players but already some young ones who now are important players like Bosetti and Kosheleva. Either way I'm pretty sure Germany will take one of the tickets, they really want to play GP as preparation for ECH 2013 at home, and they have the whole August to prepare for the tournament while the other teams play OG, and we saw in GP how well Germany plays with enough time to prepare...

Concerning the number of participants, I expect 6 with round robin format...the question is just how they will choose those 6, by world ranking or by ranking of last ECH or whatever...RUS, ITA, TUR and GER can be sure to have a spot, SRB too if they don't qualify via EL, POL too if they don't qualify via wild card...apart from that I think NED and BUL could probably play there.

• Rosters for final round are on CEV site in the match pages.
    Bulgaria without Yaneva and Nikolova, so with the same team as last weekend. Netherlands with the same team as usual too. Czech Rep without Vanzurova and with 4 MBs, Vincourova as 2nd setter instead of Smutna.

Will be very hard for Bulgaria without two important attackers...makes the road to final easier for Serbia definitely.

• They will suffer most in reception I guess, even if Yaneva isnt really strong there either, I still think she is their best receiver.

• Without Yaneva it will be very hard for Bulgaria to beat Serbia.Yaneva has been some kind of leader of the team good or bad.Morever,Nikolova wont play...but why is it?... who can replace Yaneva and Nikolova?....Bulgaria is about to miss the opportunity to play at next wgp.

• Without Yaneva it will be very hard for Bulgaria to beat Serbia.Yaneva has been some kind of leader of the team good or bad.Morever,Nikolova wont play...but why is it?... who can replace Yaneva and Nikolova?....Bulgaria is about to miss the opportunity to play at next wgp.

Last week, BUL played with Vasileva as Opp and Rabadzhieva-Karakasheva OHs. Karakasheva is good receiver but not strong in attack...