European League 2012

• But if the main players are not at all in the list for European League I think they won't be able to play in F4 either...

yes I see, thats right. I didnt think specifically about the players right now. So Neslihan is not in turkish list, that means she cannot play.

• But if the main players are not at all in the list for European League I think they won't be able to play in F4 either...

I think Matthias is right. I mean, what's the sense of an official list of players for a tournament, if you could add other players :win: :teach:

• I wish we had registered players like Neslihan, Gözde, Neriman and so on.. European league is very important as two teams goes World Grand Prix through European League..And this year it won't be so easy to go F4, there are some strong teams like Serbia, Czech Republic(if Havelkova and Havlickova would play), The Netherlands and Bulgaria..I hope we can make a surprise ..

• Poor players like Mammadova,Rahimova, Parhkomenkos, Korotenko,Kovalenko...They deserve to win so many tournaments! What a potential! But no result!!!
    I wish ALLAH hear my voice !!!

this has nothing to do with god my friend..this is about working working investing etc..raising up new jenerations..

• Just saw this :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: No secret weapon, unless you count Ciara Michel (MB from Aachen) :lol: :lol:

The problem is simple: no money. Hopefully the Olympics will bring in sponsorship/support, I would love to I see them in the Euro League too.

I would rather blame the missing traditions of this sport there not the money issue. They have working on the national teams mainly just since it came clear they will host the Olympics. Maybe this event will help to get bigger popularity in the UK as well for this sport.

Born for Volleyball, lives from Volleyball, dies with Volleyball.

"When somebody is just not an equal partner to have a conversation with, the best you can do is to ignore him." Done!

• France & Spain doing great in all sports but volleyball, hope they will build better NT

I think France let it slip away when they let too many foreign players to their leagues. As 10 years ago I remember they had really good junior national team. But I know also in their national team they have players who took French nationality. They have really good middle blocker system, I think they lack one or two big player on outside positions...

And Spain... well here the money dictates everything. The level of the national league dropped significantly since clubs can't pay much, so most teams are filled with young players. The best ones are going to other countries to earn money. Not bad though to let the youngers play, maybe in a few years there will have a talented young nat team again.

That is what lacks in France I think. Except Bauer I can not mention any player which get to the top leagues in the last two years or any young talent which would be on the way...

"When somebody is just not an equal partner to have a conversation with, the best you can do is to ignore him." Done!

• France NT ? ;(
    A long story ... A rather good Men team but a Women one who doesn't succeed to reach a higher level.
    The Junior team is still in the European championships. But we need to be patient to have a top level team.
    No audience (except in Cannes and Mulhouse) no media ; and most of best young players choose the University and not professional sport.
    Following the Italian model ... maybe the solution ...
    For the present, Faesch, Rybascewski, Bauer, Lozancic, ... not bad ... but against Turkey ...

When I played in France 3 years ago we had in avarage 800 spectators on the matches and I did not play in the above mentioned teams... so I think Volleyball is quite a loved sport in France, maybe lacks some marketing though...

• That is the point. no power for federation to loby for the sport and better media appearance. What is quite strange as in France you have to record every match by the home team and it has to be uploaded to a central system so all the teams can see all the matches in the league. It would not need a big step from here to produce better recording quality and secure some broadcasting time...

• ashort step to broadcast this games?
    if you have the opportunity to whatch some of one, you can see that some clubs use weird camera or labtop to record the games. its so uggly that you cant work on it for the statistics !
    about affluence, thats right : only Mulhouse have usually more then 1000 fans, Cannes...the "palais des victoires" is empty except for the CL and the games against mulhouse. After , there are some average affluence in Evreux, Nantes or Béziers (in between 500 and 1000) and in the other hall , its like a desert with sometimes some shamous hall for a pro league (Venelles, Calais).
    About the players and the national team, and the step in between junior level and senior NT, its more hard to understand : some bet from the federation about young talents was unlucky (Menara, Denis, Szerszen for exemple) , a lot of clubs dont give the chance to the young french players to show her skills and to play, some projects decide to end her high level carrier because volleyball in France dont pay enough so they give 100% for studies, and at least not enough childrens are playing volleyball and not enough tall peoples, not enough good coach for juvenile teams.
    the result? ...no result in international competitions, no result in european cup (except Cannes) and some poor level teams in the top league.

Les pieds dans le fumier, mais toujours le verbe haut et la tête droite ! Cocorico !

• Anita Filipovics isnt in the squad for Hungary, anyone knows why?

Do you know where to check rosters for the coming weekend?

• Anita Filipovics isnt in the squad for Hungary, anyone knows why?

In the middle of season she broke the anterior cruciate ligament of the right knee so I suppose she's still recovering from injury.

• In addition to Filipovics, will miss the tournament also Corjeutanu.
    Curiosity wants that Mireia played this season in the same team of Filipovics, Santa Croce, and both have suffered the same injury to the cruciate.

• In the middle of season she broke the anterior cruciate ligament of the right knee so I suppose she's still recovering from injury.

Thx for answer :flower: Not nice to hear she have been injured though :( I remember in the matches for Hungary last year, she was one of the best IMO.

• Czech NT Roster

Setters: Lucie Mühlsteinova, Pavla Vincourova, Lucie Smutna
    Opposite: Tereza Vanzurova,Aneta Havlickova
    Spikers: Martina Ulta, Helena Havelkova, Karolina Bednarova, Michala Kvapilova, Andrea Kossanyiova
    Middle Blockers:Kristyna Pastulova, Michaela Monzoni, Ivona Svobodníkova, Nikol Sajdova,
    Liberos: Marketa Chlumska, Julie Jasova

http://www.cvf.cz/?clanek=10111

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• I'm shocked, best receiver of EL last year Sarka Barborkova is not in the team :what:
    I think Parisi is a very wise man :thumbsup: But I am surprised to see Bednarova in the team, she played in German league in the last 2 years and her performance was not really great.

• some changes n comparision to last years Olympic Qualifiers.
    what do u think about this roster?