The 2012 CEV European Qualification Tournament to the 2013 FIVB World Grand Prix

• FIVB has confirmed that Poland got Wild Card. From September's Tour will advance 2 Teams.

Europe - 5
    Norceca - 4
    CSV - 2
    AVC - 4
    Africa - 1

• So FIVB has taken 1 place from Asia and has given to Africa. What a shock. From Asia? FIVB politic very slowly changes to favour Norceca.

• Where will be played the next WGP?

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• So FIVB has taken 1 place from Asia and has given to Africa. What a shock. From Asia? FIVB politic very slowly changes to favour Norceca.

This year there was a playoff between an Asian and an African team (TPE vs ALG), looks like FIVB understood that even the 5th-6th best Asian team will not lose against African teams (even though Algeria was very close to qualify), so this time they give them a guaranteed spot right away. For the opponents, it will not make much difference if they beat TPE or ALG/KEN easily in all matches...but for European teams, it will be very hard. I think only one ticket should be given in EL because many good teams don't even play there. I mean, it's nice to see CZE and BUL in GP next year, but I don't think they would have achieved it in a tournament where Italy, Russia, Turkey, Germany all played with their strongest rosters.

It is good news for African volleyball, also I don't think Algeria or Egypt can play worse than Taipei that much :lol: From NORCECA and CSV same teams are qualified, respectively, USA, CUB, DOM, PUR and BRA, ARG.

Most probably, CHN, JPN, THA and KOR will be AVC representatives as last year. So only change will be in European teams. Germany will be strongest candidate for one spot for other spot: RUS, ITA, TUR and, if injured players would be back, Serbia would fight.

The reason for changes to favour Norceca from Asia is most probably new FIVB president will be from USA :roll:

• So already qualified teams are:
    CEV: Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Poland
    NORCECA: USA, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico
    CSV: Brazil, Argentina
    AVC: China, Japan

Rest 2 from CEV in qualifying tournament, 2 AVC in their cup in September, how about African qualification?

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

Edited once, last by kondzio ().

• The reason for changes to favour Norceca from Asia is most probably new FIVB president will be from USA :roll:

And one powerful vice president is from DOM ;)

Rest 2 from CEV in qualifying tournament, 4 AVC in their cup in September, how about African qualification?

FIVB press release says that African fed will announce details of the qualification in the next months...

Another thing I wonder, do African teams even have enough money to play GP? Kenya even withdrew from Olympic qualifier for financial reasons if I remember well, and GP is much more expensive than that...

• The Asia Cup in September will determine which two AVC teams join automatic qualifiers Japan and China, while Africa will confirm the dates of the tournament which will determine their participant in the coming months.

• The Asia Cup in September will determine which two AVC teams join automatic qualifiers Japan and China, while Africa will confirm the dates of the tournament which will determine their participant in the coming months.

I suppose that these 2 will be probably Korea and Thailand. If not, what will be surprised, Kazakhstan and Taipei aren't without chances.

• Algeria played in play-off with Taipei that year so They have money to play in Grand Prix cycle.

• Congrats fivb to did not surprise me as affirmatively :thumbdown: :thumbdown: There is not much to say for poland and the 'obvious' unfair situation,im just sorry for the stronger teams in europe(russia,germany,serbia,turkey,italy) it is certain that three of them cant participate in GP2013 just we dont know who they are :white:

I hope we'll watch fairer and better tournaments in next years :flower:

• guidetti just tweeted that germany turkey italy and russia won't play the grand prix 2013 without even chance to qualifying for it :what: :what: :what: do any of u guys knows anything about that ??

• guidetti just tweeted that germany turkey italy and russia won't play the grand prix 2013 without even chance to qualifying for it :what: :what: :what: do any of u guys knows anything about that ??

What?! :what: Won't they participate in qualification tournament? I hope it's not true ;(

• He now added that CEV didn't find an organizer for qualification tournament, so the first 4 of EL plus Poland with wild card qualify to GP

:wall: :aww: :thumbdown:

Level in next WGP will be much lower because of this wrong decision :down: so The Netherlands and Serbia are next participants in WGP 2013

• He now added that CEV didn't find an organizer for qualification tournament, so the first 4 of EL plus Poland with wild card qualify to GP

:wall: :aww: :thumbdown:

:sos: :sos: in turkish forums we all have talked about the tournament will be in Ankara but now cev says they couldn't find an organizer i am sure germany turkey serbia italy russia and many many other european teams would like to be an organizer thats just a lame excuse what cev did. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

• I wonder if the decision is fixed or if it's still possible that a host for the tournament will now be found given the circumstances. Otherwise, I hope the excluded European teams will play Euro League next season at least...

• This is really an amazing news ! Its a slap into CEVs face, that no Country wants to organise it. Although I cannot believe that story since Turkey wanted to do it. Therer were some negotiations about that. My own theory maybe, that some countries want to protest the Wildcard decision. It can be possible, but its just my theory.