You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Celso

Professional

• "Celso" is male
  • "Celso" started this thread

Favourite Team: Brazil NT

Favourite Players: Natália, Tandara, Adenízia, Thaísa, Fernanda Garay, Priscila Daroit, Camila Brait and Fofão.

Monday, July 28th 2008, 12:18am

It definitely seems both Russia and Poland are in the same level. This match was pretty close and it was decided only in the tie-breaker by the minimum amount of points. Both teams could have won, details decided this match.

The least important thing in such friendly matches, though, is the result. The most important thing for both Poland and Russia is the opportunity of gaining rhythm and making the final adjustments in the team.
We are still the Olympic Champions!!! :cup:

:olympia:

Nastja

Master

• "Nastja" is female

Favourite Players: Lena Dziękiewicz

Monday, July 28th 2008, 12:27am

well the results arent that important of course, but it would be very very necessary for poland to win a tiebreak!
they are consequently losing in tie breaks, so they need some positive result the next time.... Or else they will continue to loose their matches in their heads

damn, i would have loved to the match anyway :D
just to see what same level these 2 teams have. it might be a "wow" effect or a "eww" :D

Celso

Professional

• "Celso" is male
  • "Celso" started this thread

Favourite Team: Brazil NT

Favourite Players: Natália, Tandara, Adenízia, Thaísa, Fernanda Garay, Priscila Daroit, Camila Brait and Fofão.

Monday, July 28th 2008, 1:13am

You may have a point, Nastja, but such a close result shows Poland they can beat whatever team they will face. All they need is some brush up in their game. Besides, it's better to lose a friendly match than a playoff match of the OG.

I haven't seen the match between Russia and Poland either, but I am pretty sure all of us would be wowed with the level of both Poland and Russia, not ewwed!
We are still the Olympic Champions!!! :cup:

:olympia:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Celso" (Jul 28th 2008, 2:40am)

jaden22

Trainee

• "jaden22" is male

Favourite Team: Brazil Women's & Men's Team, Serbia Men's Team

Favourite Players: Priscila Daroit, Tandara, Sidao, Bruno, Milos Nikic, Sasa Starovic, Sheilla, Mari, Fofao, Thaisa, Natalia, Samuel, Lucas Saatkaamp

Monday, July 28th 2008, 4:07am

Sykora over Arlene Xavier?? really now... Sykora wasnt good in WGP2008

odin

Trainee

• "odin" is male

Favourite Team: Italian NT, Cuban NT, Polish NT, Foppapedretti Bergamo

Favourite Players: Lo Bianco, Piccinini, Gioli, Ramirez, Rosner, Baranska

Monday, July 28th 2008, 6:54am

Friendly match in Alassio:

Italia - Germania 1-3
(18-25, 24-26 25-20 18-25)
ITALIA: Centoni 12, Piccinini 6, Gioli 15, Lo Bianco 2, Secolo 9, Barazza 9. Libero: Cardullo. Ferretti, Ortolani 1, Croce, Guiggi, Aguero 6. All. Barbolini.
GERMANIA: Beier 13, Fürst 12, Hippe 16, Kozuch 19, Radzuweit 12, Weiss. Libero: Dürr, Ross 4, Matthes, Hanke. N.e. Brinker, Ssuschke. All. Guidetti.
oh noes. :S

i cant imagine italy losing to a grun-less germany? what happened?

Ros

Intermediate

• "Ros" is female

Favourite Team: Italia, Forlì

Favourite Players: Simona Gioli, Leo Lo Bianco, Paola Cardullo, Mia Jerkov

Monday, July 28th 2008, 10:56am

Yesterday night there was a friendly match between Italy and Germany in Alassio.

Italy-Germany 1-3 (18-25, 24-26, 25-20, 18-25)

I didn't see it so I can't really comment on it. Anyway, it's not a good sign for us with the OG approaching... :(
2007- 2009 CAMPIONESSE D'EUROPA!!!
2009 WORLD GRAND CHAMPIONS CUP

odin

Trainee

• "odin" is male

Favourite Team: Italian NT, Cuban NT, Polish NT, Foppapedretti Bergamo

Favourite Players: Lo Bianco, Piccinini, Gioli, Ramirez, Rosner, Baranska

Monday, July 28th 2008, 11:07am

Yesterday night there was a friendly match between Italy and Germany in Alassio.

I didn't see it so I can't really comment on it. Anyway, it's not a good sign for us with the OG approaching... :(
i'm scared... :wall:

did anyone get to see it? what happened? oh no.

Nastja

Master

• "Nastja" is female

Monday, July 28th 2008, 11:35am

usually i would say that Italy played not with its main players bla bla. But this time they played with their Olympic Squad, so somehow this result might be really scary.
Anyway, its said in the german press that italy played pretty nervously and that germany played really good, playing mainly without substitutions

mariuszj1939

Intermediate

• "mariuszj1939" is male

Favourite Team: Poland, Brazil, Chemik Police

Favourite Players: Swieniewicz, Werblińska, Grun, Wlazły

Monday, July 28th 2008, 11:49am

I'm surprised nobody commented ystd match Russia - Poland (in Serbia tournament) :

Poland - Russia 2:3 (26:28, 25:20, 27:25, 22:25; 13:15)

Poland: Sadurek, Skowrońska, Liktoras, Bednarek, Glinka, Podolec, Zenik (libero) and Barańska, Kaczor, Skorupa, Rosner

Russia: Akułowa, Gamowa, Mierkułowa, Borodakowa, Godina, Sokołowa, Kabieszowa (libero) and Szeszenina

Konrad

Szczecinianin

• "Konrad" is male

Favourite Team: Poland, USA(M), Spain(M)

Favourite Players: Eleonora Dziękiewicz, Lloy Ball, Manon Flier, Neslihan Demir Darnel, Zbigniew Bartman, Dawid Murek

Monday, July 28th 2008, 11:54am

I'm surprised nobody commented ystd match Russia - Poland (in Serbia tournament) :

There are comments about it, but in the thread: The Olympic Games in Beijing - The Final Countdown. But actually it should be here, I think.
The most important 3:
POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

Nastja

Master

• "Nastja" is female

Monday, July 28th 2008, 12:01pm

^oh right, i slept :lol:
now its back in the right topic :cheesy:

Ros

Intermediate

• "Ros" is female

Favourite Team: Italia, Forlì

Favourite Players: Simona Gioli, Leo Lo Bianco, Paola Cardullo, Mia Jerkov

Monday, July 28th 2008, 2:49pm

usually i would say that Italy played not with its main players bla bla. But this time they played with their Olympic Squad, so somehow this result might be really scary.
Anyway, its said in the german press that italy played pretty nervously and that germany played really good, playing mainly without substitutions
Eh, this time there aren't justifications. :(
I've read some comments on the match, and they all said that Italy seemed tired and lacked in defense and attack, while Germany played a very good match on every level.
Yes, this result IS scary. Well, maybe not the result per se, but the way Italy played. ;(
Let's hope the OG will be a totally different story...
2007- 2009 CAMPIONESSE D'EUROPA!!!
2009 WORLD GRAND CHAMPIONS CUP

kala

Beginner

• "kala" is female

Favourite Team: Polish NT, Asseco Resovia Rzeszow, BKS Bielsko Biała

Favourite Players: Masza Liktoras, Gosia Glinka, Mariola Zenik, Brakocevic, Krzysiek Ignaczak, * Agata Mróz,

Monday, July 28th 2008, 2:58pm

Friendly tournament in Serbia

RUS vs POL 3:2 (28:26, 20:25, 25:27, 25:22, 15:13)

Lost tie-break. Again. :aww:
But I think that It was a good match, on OG we will not lost tie-break, I hope :)

Joana

Professional

Monday, July 28th 2008, 6:15pm

Interesting starting line-up for Serbia, Nikolic and Vesovic as OH, Djerisilo on OP position, Brakocevic not yet in.

Joana

Professional

Monday, July 28th 2008, 6:36pm

1st set for Poland, 25-22. Serbia had huge problems with reception in the middle of the set and that's when Poland made a big advantage that they kept until the end.
Starting line-up for Poland, Sadurek-Glinka, Podolec-Skowronska-Bednarek, Liktoras-Zenik.

• "WIELKI_ZNAWCA_PIERWSZY" is male

Favourite Team: Polish National Teams

Monday, July 28th 2008, 6:36pm

25-22 first set for Poland.
Poland started with: Sadurek, Skowrońska, Glinka, Podolec, Liktoras, Bednarek, Zenik
and Barańska, Kaczor.

valentine

Best Setter

• "valentine" is male

Favourite Team: Serbia, Czech, Croatia, Spain, France, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Hungary, Belgium, Romania, Belarus, Slovenia, Ukraine(FNT)

Monday, July 28th 2008, 6:48pm

Interesting starting line-up for Serbia, Nikolic and Vesovic as OH, Djerisilo on OP position, Brakocevic not yet in.

what about the MB ?!

the line-up are Citakovic & Krsmanovic ???
Lloyd + Naz + Wołosz + Hanke + Smutná + Mori
Bokan + Zakrievskaja + Bricio + Vilponen + Jupïter + A.Lazić + Stepanova + Marković
Onyejekwe + N.Dimitrova + Crkoňová + de Kruijf + Truškina + Thibeault + Omelčenko + Schauss
Rourke + Bošković + Fabris + Kajalina + Collar + Simić + Miklai + Vasilantonaki
Courtois + Venegas + Gaído + Castillo + Gómez + Kiselyova

Joana

Professional

Monday, July 28th 2008, 6:53pm

what about the MB ?!

No, Citakovic-Veljkovic, they are doing a good job.

Now 16-15 for poland after Serbia led the whole time. :roll: Glinka and Liktoras are looking tired and not focused, both substituted in this set.

valentine

Best Setter

• "valentine" is male

Favourite Team: Serbia, Czech, Croatia, Spain, France, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Hungary, Belgium, Romania, Belarus, Slovenia, Ukraine(FNT)

Monday, July 28th 2008, 7:01pm

what about the MB ?!

No, Citakovic-Veljkovic, they are doing a good job.

Now 16-15 for poland after Serbia led the whole time. :roll: Glinka and Liktoras are looking tired and not focused, both substituted in this set.
Wow,I guess maybe Terzic wanna hide something before moving to Beijing.
Lloyd + Naz + Wołosz + Hanke + Smutná + Mori
Bokan + Zakrievskaja + Bricio + Vilponen + Jupïter + A.Lazić + Stepanova + Marković
Onyejekwe + N.Dimitrova + Crkoňová + de Kruijf + Truškina + Thibeault + Omelčenko + Schauss
Rourke + Bošković + Fabris + Kajalina + Collar + Simić + Miklai + Vasilantonaki
Courtois + Venegas + Gaído + Castillo + Gómez + Kiselyova

Joana

Professional

Monday, July 28th 2008, 7:07pm

Poland wins the 2nd set, 26-24. The quality of play was a bit better in this set on both sides. Serbia had the opportunity in the end, but Baranska's serves are just perfect for Serbian "amazing" reception. Mariola Zenik is doing an incredible job, she just won't let the ball touch the floor. :obey:

Social bookmarks