Friendly NT Matches

• It definitely seems both Russia and Poland are in the same level. This match was pretty close and it was decided only in the tie-breaker by the minimum amount of points. Both teams could have won, details decided this match.

The least important thing in such friendly matches, though, is the result. The most important thing for both Poland and Russia is the opportunity of gaining rhythm and making the final adjustments in the team.

• well the results arent that important of course, but it would be very very necessary for poland to win a tiebreak!
    they are consequently losing in tie breaks, so they need some positive result the next time.... Or else they will continue to loose their matches in their heads

damn, i would have loved to the match anyway :D
    just to see what same level these 2 teams have. it might be a "wow" effect or a "eww" :D

• You may have a point, Nastja, but such a close result shows Poland they can beat whatever team they will face. All they need is some brush up in their game. Besides, it's better to lose a friendly match than a playoff match of the OG.

I haven't seen the match between Russia and Poland either, but I am pretty sure all of us would be wowed with the level of both Poland and Russia, not ewwed!

• Sykora over Arlene Xavier?? really now... Sykora wasnt good in WGP2008

• Friendly match in Alassio:

Italia - Germania 1-3
    (18-25, 24-26 25-20 18-25)
    ITALIA: Centoni 12, Piccinini 6, Gioli 15, Lo Bianco 2, Secolo 9, Barazza 9. Libero: Cardullo. Ferretti, Ortolani 1, Croce, Guiggi, Aguero 6. All. Barbolini.
    GERMANIA: Beier 13, Fürst 12, Hippe 16, Kozuch 19, Radzuweit 12, Weiss. Libero: Dürr, Ross 4, Matthes, Hanke. N.e. Brinker, Ssuschke. All. Guidetti.

oh noes. :S

i cant imagine italy losing to a grun-less germany? what happened?

• Yesterday night there was a friendly match between Italy and Germany in Alassio.

Italy-Germany 1-3 (18-25, 24-26, 25-20, 18-25)

I didn't see it so I can't really comment on it. Anyway, it's not a good sign for us with the OG approaching... :(

• Yesterday night there was a friendly match between Italy and Germany in Alassio.

I didn't see it so I can't really comment on it. Anyway, it's not a good sign for us with the OG approaching... :(

i'm scared... :wall:

did anyone get to see it? what happened? oh no.

usually i would say that Italy played not with its main players bla bla. But this time they played with their Olympic Squad, so somehow this result might be really scary.
    Anyway, its said in the german press that italy played pretty nervously and that germany played really good, playing mainly without substitutions

• I'm surprised nobody commented ystd match Russia - Poland (in Serbia tournament) :

Poland - Russia 2:3 (26:28, 25:20, 27:25, 22:25; 13:15)

Poland: Sadurek, Skowrońska, Liktoras, Bednarek, Glinka, Podolec, Zenik (libero) and Barańska, Kaczor, Skorupa, Rosner

Russia: Akułowa, Gamowa, Mierkułowa, Borodakowa, Godina, Sokołowa, Kabieszowa (libero) and Szeszenina

• I'm surprised nobody commented ystd match Russia - Poland (in Serbia tournament) :

There are comments about it, but in the thread: The Olympic Games in Beijing - The Final Countdown. But actually it should be here, I think.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• usually i would say that Italy played not with its main players bla bla. But this time they played with their Olympic Squad, so somehow this result might be really scary.
    Anyway, its said in the german press that italy played pretty nervously and that germany played really good, playing mainly without substitutions

Eh, this time there aren't justifications. :(
    I've read some comments on the match, and they all said that Italy seemed tired and lacked in defense and attack, while Germany played a very good match on every level.
    Yes, this result IS scary. Well, maybe not the result per se, but the way Italy played. ;(
    Let's hope the OG will be a totally different story...

• Lost tie-break. Again. :aww:

But I think that It was a good match, on OG we will not lost tie-break, I hope :)

• 1st set for Poland, 25-22. Serbia had huge problems with reception in the middle of the set and that's when Poland made a big advantage that they kept until the end.
    Starting line-up for Poland, Sadurek-Glinka, Podolec-Skowronska-Bednarek, Liktoras-Zenik.

• Interesting starting line-up for Serbia, Nikolic and Vesovic as OH, Djerisilo on OP position, Brakocevic not yet in.

what about the MB ?!

the line-up are Citakovic & Krsmanovic ???

Lloyd + Naz + Wołosz + Hanke + Smutná + Mori
    Bokan + Zakrievskaja + Bricio + Vilponen + Jupïter + A.Lazić + Stepanova + Marković
    Onyejekwe + N.Dimitrova + Crkoňová + de Kruijf + Truškina + Thibeault + Omelčenko + Schauss
    Rourke + Bošković + Fabris + Kajalina + Collar + Simić + Miklai + Vasilantonaki
    Courtois + Venegas + Gaído + Castillo + Gómez + Kiselyova

• No, Citakovic-Veljkovic, they are doing a good job.

Now 16-15 for poland after Serbia led the whole time. :roll: Glinka and Liktoras are looking tired and not focused, both substituted in this set.

Wow,I guess maybe Terzic wanna hide something before moving to Beijing.

Lloyd + Naz + Wołosz + Hanke + Smutná + Mori
    Bokan + Zakrievskaja + Bricio + Vilponen + Jupïter + A.Lazić + Stepanova + Marković
    Onyejekwe + N.Dimitrova + Crkoňová + de Kruijf + Truškina + Thibeault + Omelčenko + Schauss
    Rourke + Bošković + Fabris + Kajalina + Collar + Simić + Miklai + Vasilantonaki
    Courtois + Venegas + Gaído + Castillo + Gómez + Kiselyova

• Poland wins the 2nd set, 26-24. The quality of play was a bit better in this set on both sides. Serbia had the opportunity in the end, but Baranska's serves are just perfect for Serbian "amazing" reception. Mariola Zenik is doing an incredible job, she just won't let the ball touch the floor. :obey: