Friendly NT Matches

• So, Poland def. Serbia 3-0 (25-22, 26-24, 25-13)

Poland should be pretty satisfied with this performance and the way things are working out before Beijing. Reception was a bit shaky in the beginning, but it's not much of a problem in general - I've certainly seen them play worse in this aspect before. Also, as I said Glinka and Liktoras weren't really on their usual level but their substitutions Baranska and Gajgal made up for it very well. All in all a very consistent performance from the Polish girls, they were serving really well, not having too many lapses of concentration, Sadurek is playing a very versatile game and using all the spikers to good extent. Skowronska and Baranska were the best IMO, and of course Zenik is really great in defence, although her leg is taped which might indicate some injury, but there was no sign of any.

As for Serbia, no words really. We have huge, HUGE problems in reception. It's nothing new, but it's annoying to have the same problem for years. I guess I don't need to tell who "leads" when it comes to bad reception :roll: , but to be fair things didn't look much better when she was substituted. Maja Ognjenovic just didn't have anything to work with when everyone struggles to even get the ball in play. Still, she also had some very questionable decisions, not the best game she's ever played for sure.
    The Olympics will be a painful expereince for Serbia if things don't improve soon.

Congrats to Poland, a victory well deserved!

• Thanks Joana for the updates!
    What about Brakocevic? Did she enter at all?
    From what i know she had headache yesterday evening, so maybe thats why she didnt play?

Of course the victory is nice to hear for me, but then reading that Liktoras and Glinka are kinda tired, annoys me. Maybe Glinka should stop smoking :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

• Brakocevic played the whole 3rd set, but the entire Serbian team was so horrible at that point that she didn't make much of a difference.

I hope they will play at least somewhat better tomorrow.

• Italy 3:0 Germany (25-13,25-23,25-9)
    Extra 2 sets 25-21,25-12

Lloyd + Naz + Wołosz + Hanke + Smutná + Mori
    Bokan + Zakrievskaja + Bricio + Vilponen + Jupïter + A.Lazić + Stepanova + Marković
    Onyejekwe + N.Dimitrova + Crkoňová + de Kruijf + Truškina + Thibeault + Omelčenko + Schauss
    Rourke + Bošković + Fabris + Kajalina + Collar + Simić + Miklai + Vasilantonaki
    Courtois + Venegas + Gaído + Castillo + Gómez + Kiselyova

• So I guess Nesovic will not go to OG.She wasn't among 12 today.I am glad Djerisilo is back to her favourite and best position.She will never be so good as OH as she is as Opp.And unlike general opinion I don't think Brakocevic is better than her.Nikolic played poorly,enormous number of errors in reception.Serbian team looks like they started preparing yesterday for OG.

• SRBIJA: NIKOLIĆ (6), BRAKOČEVIĆ (2), ĐESRISILO – STANKOVIĆ (9), KRSMANOVIĆ (1), MOLNAR (5), VESOVIĆ, OGNJENOVIĆ (3), ČITAKOVIĆ – ĐURIŠIĆ (5), SIMANIĆ, MALAGURSKI, VELJKOVIĆ (5), ĆEBIĆ. TRENERI: ZORAN TERZIĆ I NEBOJŠA PROTIĆ.

POLJSKA: SKOVRONSKA (14), ZENIK, GAJGAL (3), PODOLEC (13), GLINKA (4), BEDNAREK (5), BARANSKA (8 ) SADUREK (2), ROSNER (2), LIKTORAS (6), KAČOR (1), SKORUPA. TRENERI: MARKO BONITA I MAURO MASAĆI.

• Could somebody translate Terzic and Citakovic words from Serbian Federation site?

Of course!

Citakovic: We certainly didn't play like we wanted to. We were nervous and tight in the beginning because we played for the first time in front of our home crowd in a tournament like this, but as the game went on we just couldn't start playing our own game. By that I mean that we couldn't get our serve going and the reception was bad, so it was difficult to organize attacks and make blocks. Time and again we have played badly in friendly preparatory games before big competitions, even lose 3:0 all the time, so it's not new, but usually everything works well when the main competitions start. I hope we will play better tomorrow in front of our fans.

Terzic: First of all I'd like to congratulate the Polish team and my colleague Marco Bonitta on their victory. Even though we made them things easier with our own poor play, they played well and should be congratulated. I wouldn't fool myself as Vesna does when she says we usually lost in friendly matches. We did use to lose, but at those times it was obvious that we were making progress in some aspects of the game we were working on. However, that was absolutely not the case tonight. We can't be satisfied with a single thing we showed today. Perhaps it was just an extremely bad day and the girls were nervous because they had never played in front of so many people in their own country. But if that wasn't the case, we have big problem as there isn't much time to improve the play we showed today. Since the girls have trained and practised very well and have shown a lot of ambition and motivation during the preparations, I can only conclude that we, people from the coaching staff, have made some errors and that this poor level is a consequence of that. I can only hope that we are going to play better tomorrow - we can't play worse - and that the team is going to improve in some areas of the game we were working on, and that we are going to reach the level of play we are capable of.

• Big thanks Joana :)
    and i think, that those word are a little bit worrying: "Since the girls have trained and practised very well and have shown a lot of ambition and motivation during the preparations, I can only conclude that we, people from the coaching staff, have made some errors and that this poor level is a consequence of that."

• I didn't watch the match, but from what Joana says, it seems that reception continues to be a problem for Serbia. I don't understand why they can't solve this problem? But I think we have to look also on the other side. Congrats to Polish girls, because it seems they served really well.

• Thanks Joana!!!!!!

Well..I hope the girls can play better tomorrow.....why is Vesovic as a starting players...Terzic quit trying the team with Dierisilo as OH and Brakocevic as oppositte???? And if it did...why not Molnar...she is recover right?....well..maybe not in her best shape yet....
    And Poland girls are playing quite well!!!!Like I already said...for me Poland can be a great surprise at the Olympics!!!!

About Italy....is kind of releaf to see this result!!!I was worried after the lost of the first match!!!!
    Do you know witch team started??

• ehhh the worst thing in it is that we don't see a match :(

Although I hope that the same will be in Pekin :P "Zenik just won't let the ball touch the floor" - Mariolka is generally amazing :) is our secret weapon:p

Masza and Glinka. I think that they are the most experienced and the Coach let them rest. Liktoras may have still problems with knee I mean pain connected with contusion. It's unavoidable unfortunately. I hope not but....you know. Sport have nothing in common with health.

Glinka and smoking - ehh famous topic :read: somebody said: "If she will play as good as now, she can smoke whatever she want".Moreover in Poland the majority of people (volleyball fans) won't let harm Gosia. We have a soft spot for her :flower:

• Joana, what about Anna Podolec's reception? Anna is very important player for us but her reception is our weak point.

It's nice to see that Poland can play well without Glinka. Some years ago she was our main offensive player. At present we have Skowrońska and Podolec. Of course she is still a leader of team but now more players can support her.

• If you lose three times in a row to someone else, even if the matches were pretty close, you can't claim you are both on the same level - by the way, there was a 3x0 as well.

Of course Poland could beat Russian in the OG, but Russia is clearly the better team.