Friendly NT Matches

• If you lose three times in a row to someone else, even if the matches were pretty close, you can't claim you are both on the same level - by the way, there was a 3x0 as well.

Of course Poland could beat Russian in the OG, but Russia is clearly the better team.

yes and a 3:0 for poland as well.

And additionally:
    Nobody was claiming it, well Celso did, but check also that he is brazilian and not polish. (thats why ur "if YOU loose, YOU cant.... " doesnt work)
    And your last sentence doesnt make sense, if poland could win against russia, then russia is "clearly" not the better team.

Sorry for interpreting your words so much, but it sounds just way too arrogant for me

• yes and a 3:0 for poland as well.

And additionally:
    Nobody was claiming it, well Celso did, but check also that he is brazilian and not polish. (thats why ur "if YOU loose, YOU cant.... " doesnt work)
    And your last sentence doesnt make sense, if poland could win against russia, then russia is "clearly" not the better team.

Sorry for interpreting your words so much, but it sounds just way too arrogant for me

1) 3x0 for Poland against Russian B team.

2) I was talking about Celso, obviously.

3) Poland can beat Russia, because Poland is not Japan or Dominican Republic, but I do think Russia is clearly the better team, and should most likely win.

• The 3 -0 results show no balance at all between the teams. When I said Russia and Poland played at the same level I was referring to the matches decided in the tie-breaker by the minimum difference of points. That happened when both teams played with their best players.
    That also happened in the last official match between Russia and Poland.

The Russia's team biggest advantage is physical, they have players that are way taller than the tall players of all the other teams. Experience also counts a lot. Even with all these advantages, Poland was able to play a very close match against Russia. I strongly believe in the power of the Polish team, I'm not saying Russia is weak and I don't see any reason for you to feel offended with my post, Ruskii.

• Haha, no, I am not offended at all, don't worry. I was only giving my own perspective. In my opinion, Russia, Italy, Brasil and China are all above Poland, in a different level. Poland has a chance to beat Russia, sure, but it is not very likely. I think the 3 games show that, even if two of the matches were close - and by the way, we also beat Poland twice last year, one easy match (European Championship), and another difficult one (Olympic Qualifying) - I am leaving out the GP matches, because I don't remember all of the results, but I think Russia won twice and lost once? That's what I am talking about, even if some of the matches are close, Russia comes on top at the end, almost always.

This is a misunderstanding.

• Thanks for the nice review, Joana. It's very precious, cause not many people was able to watch the game. It is good to know, that Barańska is in a good form, as well as Gajgał. Nice to hear about such a win by Polish team. And I'm sure, that Glinka will play better in Beijing - she like great matches, when she is involved into the game much more than during friendlies :)

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• but I do think Russia is clearly the better team, and should most likely win.

We will see... Thanks God, is not the theoretically better who always wins. It could be five sets win for Poland this time ;)

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Italy 3:0 Germany (25-13,25-23,25-9)
    Extra 2 sets 25-21,25-12

Thanks Valentine, I didn't know they played another match.
    Oh, well, now I'm relieved. :) I was really worried after the first match. ^^

• We will see... Thanks God, is not the theoretically better who always wins. It could be five sets win for Poland this time ;)

I believe the same :) we have wonderful fans, they are the next player so... we will se :)

• So, Poland def. Serbia 3-0 (25-22, 26-24, 25-13)

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I really hope that this victory will be a big motivation for the girls !!

To a beloved person:
    Eine Sonne ist untergegangen - ihr Schein bleibt uns noch lange erhalten.
    Wenn die Liebe einen Weg zum Himmel fände und Erinnerungen zu Stufen würden, dann würde ich hinaufsteigen und dich zurückholen.
    I will never forget you...

• Btw Joana, what does "danas ruskaje na repertoaru" mean?

Are you sure it's "ruskaje"? :S It doesn't mean anything. Maybe Ruskinje? It would mean "Russians are in the repertoire today", journalists like to talk like that when they can actually say "We play against Russians today". :roll:

First set for Serbia 25-23. They are better than yesterday, but Russians made some errors in the end of the set. Still no play time for Estes.

• Are you sure it's "ruskaje"? :S It doesn't mean anything. Maybe Ruskinje? It would mean "Russians are in the repertoire today", journalists like to talk like that when they can actually say "We play against Russians today". :roll:

First set for Serbia 25-23. They are better than yesterday, but Russians made some errors in the end of the set. Still no play time for Estes.

Joana nice match. I'm watching :P Serbian Team look really good today, Russian makes lot of mistakes esp. in defence I think

• Joanna have you got match - Poland vs Serbia or Russia? I've only I-st set POL-SERB. I will give link later. Brakocevic is incredible

• No, sorry, I can't record. :(

Russia is lame today, their reception is almost like Serbian yesterday.

Exactly :)

• Serbia def. Russia 3-1 (25-23, 25-20, 19-25, 25-18 )

Well, a win is always nice and it's certainly good to see them play better than the disaster that was yesterday. I don't think it means much as Russia never really got going (so many service errors, they didn't pressure the Serbian reception at all), but it's at least encouraging. Brakocevic played really well.

• Serbia def. Russia 3-1 (25-23, 25-20, 19-25, 25-18 )

Well, a win is always nice and it's certainly good to see them play better than the disaster that was yesterday. I don't think it means much as Russia never really got going (so many service errors, they didn't pressure the Serbian reception at all), but it's at least encouraging. Brakocevic played really well.

Ehh on RTS SAT I have Serbian news ;( doesn't matter. 3 set looks nice...Brakovevic for me is one of the best player, amazing serve, attack with this power. It is still not this Serbia but much better match than yesterday. Esp. serve and defence :) I believe that we will play against in the semi-final. What do you think Joanna? :) I think that you have simmilar style of playing and generally our nations have sth in common :)

• I think that you are simmilar style of playing and generally our nations have sth in common :)

Similiar style of playing? Not really! Maybe it can seem, because the style is European, but if you look more in depht you will see a lot of differences.

First of all the setter: Ognjenovic plays a really fast ball. Sadurek is a very precise setter, but way slower. Also the play with the MBs is different. Ognjenovic use of pipe with Nikolic is fast and effective.

Then the serve. Polish use a lot the float serve and they are way more tactical. Serbians use a lot the jump serve with less tacticism.

Skowronska and Brakocevic are different OPPs. Skowronska plays also shorter balls and in a more intelligent way.

But I like both teams. The reasons are different, but I like both teams. :olympia: