Friendly NT Matches

• I think it is really unfair and early for you guys to judge Neriman's reception. Did you all watch the game or see some stats that I'm not aware of? Maybe it was not actually Neriman's bad reception that made the team failing. I know you all make assumptions but please be careful. We also don't know who really played for Turkey in 2nd, 3rd and 4th sets because the score shows it clearly that Barbolini was trying something with some other players.
    Lets talk after we see some stats or watch Turkey playing with Polen as Opp and Neriman as OH.

• As soon as Neriman had to receive the problems started. She is a great player when she is used like in WGP but not as regular OH. IMO Turkey should have continued with a receiving OPP even though Meliha and Güldeniz individually are weak players, but the team play worked really well with that system in WGP with Gözde and Neriman taking the responsibility in attack so no real OPP was needed.

You are right, besides, Gözde can't attack as efficient as she can when she has to cover other OH at reception. :down: However, I can't understand how a team which has both Plak and Bujs at reception line can still beat a good server team such as Turkey :what:

I hope WGP wasn't the peak level of the team and they can improve their game in one week :whistle:

• I think it is really unfair and early for you guys to judge Neriman's reception. Did you all watch the game or see some stats that I'm not aware of? Maybe it was not actually Neriman's bad reception that made the team failing. I know you all make assumptions but please be careful. We also don't know who really played for Turkey in 2nd, 3rd and 4th sets because the score shows it clearly that Barbolini was trying something with some other players.
    Lets talk after we see some stats or watch Turkey playing with Polen as Opp and Neriman as OH.

This is just speculations of watching games and matches in the past.
    I dont criticize Neriman. But we all know that she is not the best at reception and this was also the reason why she played as a non receiver OH at the WGP, actually nothing new.
    Yes, if we can get stats it all can become more clear but i think that Gözde and Neriman played the whole match. And i dont judge anything im gonna understand or try what barbolini has in his mind and wants to do and i think that he is looking for the perfect starting line up.
    He wanted to try Seda (maybe after the injury) what she can show and now Polen who is in the roster.

• Now we will see how good or bad croatia is :)

• the results of our friendly matches are not of the desired ones...i think key players have been tired due to wgp...maybe team needs a little more time to raise its level and to get rid of the effects(good or bad) of wgp..it will be hard but i believe Polen should be on the court and Neriman should be replaced by one of Güldeniz-Meliha duo sometimes...tough matches are to come.....lets see how the team will deal with them...

• Türkiye – Hollanda: 1-3

Türkiye:
    Gözde (13), Bahar (6), Polen (12), Neriman (12), Kübra (5), Naz (5),
    Gizem (L), Güldeniz (-), Asuman (-), Seda (1), Meliha (-), Özgenur (1)

Hollanda: Buijs (7), Belien (15), Pietersen (19), Plak (10), De Kruijf (11), Stoltenborg (3), Sohoot (L), Oosterveld (-), Jans (-)

Setler: 19-25, 25-22, 18-25, 16-25

Süre: 96 dakika (24’, 27’, 23’, 22’)

I think Turkey didn't even analyze Netherlands game, it seems middles for us played bad. I think our game plan was like "Pietersen is bad so just stop Buijs and play your own game" :rolleyes:

• Interesting stats...usually Buijs and Plak are best scorers..it seems Dutch reception was good yesterday.. Tonight is 2nd game..I'm curious I expect Turkey to do much better!

• I don't think he is. Boskovic has been stellar on Junior level, so why not give her a chance? Other teams are also taking players from 96/97 to WCH already...

He had a chance to take her to the WGP. Playing a friendly 4 days before the WCH starts won't give her the experience needed to play at that big tournament. What would happen if Brakocevic gets injured? Is she the one who'll replace her on a decent level? Bjelica is not shining of course but at least she has some experience behind her and is used to be relied on in bigger matches..

But with Malagurski being injured I think the 3 of them will go to WCH