Friendly NT Matches

• Yeah you've right. Simmilar - european style, completely different than e.g. Japan. But there is a lot of diferences as you've written :)

• I'm so happy for SERBIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The most be really happy...after the game they did yesterday...and also cause they were playing home!!!!!

Joana...thanks for giving the news...did Russia played with the first team??

And...are they playing with the enw ball???

• I'm very happy that Poland win competition in Serbia, but I'm suprised that Serbia beat Russia, which I don't like :) .Congratulations for Serbian team :)

• I agree with you, Serbian team is strong ;) but SF will be success :)

• And...are they playing with the enw ball???

Yes, they played with a new ball (first game with it I saw). But the level of play of both teams was so low, that there wasn't possible to see any difference. Serbia was playing really good in some moments, but these moments were too short. Russia was... eeee.... was on the court. A new ball was supposed to make reception easier, but in this game reception was worse, than it's always be with an old ball. Also, attacks should become weaker... But forget it! The ball doesn't matter... Jovana Brakocevic is the one, who really makes the difference... with whatever ball you want!!! :rolll:

• " Russia was... eeee.... was on the court" But forget it! The ball doesn't matter... Jovana Brakocevic is the one, who really makes the difference... with whatever ball you want!!! :rolll:

:D :D :D You have absolutely right :drink: Brakocevic has played very good, ehh... I have a dream - can she change nationality?Glinka Skowrońska and Brakocević in one national team, nice :P Do you know where she will be playing at this seson?

Nice that Poland win, It was necceassary after such WGP, I think that was a good choice. We will see I think Bonnita has right :)

• I heard this ball makes reception much more difficult. If it gets wet with the player's sweat, things get even worse. I also heard this ball floats more when the setter touches it. It seems all teams will suffer in reception with this new ball, maybe it would be better not to force serves that much, the ball already does this job!

• Thanks LightMaster for the information!!!!!!! :rose:
    Did see the game???Was able to record it?????? :win: :whistle: :lol:

WEll...what our coaches here in Brasil are saying about this new ball..is that actually will afect a lot the reception and the service...till the players get used to it...so maybe...that's why there were so many mistakes in this area....well..at least both Bernardinho and Zé Roberto agreed that with this ball is more difficult to make the reception.... :S ....I think they shouldn't have used this ball only at the Olympic Games...they should have test it...in tournaments earlier...like..they could have used it...at Grand Prix and World League at least...

• Did see the game???Was able to record it?????? :win: :whistle: :lol:

Nooooooo... I've sold my soul just to watch that game and I haven't got another one to pay for recording :lol: ;)

WEll...what our coaches here in Brasil are saying about this new ball..is that actually will afect a lot the reception and the service...till the players get used to it...so maybe...that's why there were so many mistakes in this area....well..at least both Bernardinho and Zé Roberto agreed that with this ball is more difficult to make the reception.... :S ....I think they shouldn't have used this ball only at the Olympic Games...they should have test it...in tournaments earlier...like..they could have used it...at Grand Prix and World League at least...

I think, its still too early to make any conclusions about the ball. Now we have only theories about like it has to be, and the results of first attempts of the teams to use it. We have to wait, what they say after getting used to. There is no reason to worry about first time introducing the ball on Olympic Games, because all teams are in equal starting conditions. It's even becomes more interesting, who first will find the way to use its features to get an advantage.

• Where did you watch it? RTS Sat I guess? Did you understand the language, at least a bit? :P

I haven't seen much difference with the new ball either.

No. I havent found it in the TV guide of RTS Sat. I watched on RTS2.
    I can read Serbian amazingly good, especially if I see it first time ever :lol: But I almost can't understand a spoking language.

• Nooooooo... I've sold my soul just to watch that game and I haven't got another one to pay for recording :lol: ;)

:lol: :lol: ..Is fine...I was just wondering.... ^^

I think, its still too early to make any conclusions about the ball. Now we have only theories about like it has to be, and the results of first attempts of the teams to use it. We have to wait, what they say after getting used to. There is no reason to worry about first time introducing the ball on Olympic Games, because all teams are in equal starting conditions. It's even becomes more interesting, who first will find the way to use its features to get an advantage.

I agree...is soon to know about it...I also think that at the female competition...the difference won't be mush between the teams...cause everyone had about the same time to train with this new ball...maybe the male...for those who were at the WOrld LEague that just ended...they will have less time..so maybe is goign to be harder for Russia, Brasil, USA, Poland, Serbia...cause they had to play this last days all with the old ball..while the other teams were already training with the new one...

anyway....if you all that saw matches with the new ball are saying that don't makes much difference...I believe... ^^ ...after all..I didn't saw a single match yet...hehehehe...so I can't tell much about it....

Thanks for the information guys!!! :thumbsup:

• What a bunch of idiots. Such a poor decision to change the ball just before the OG. :roll:

By the way, I don't know what to make of it. Russian reception is already bad, and I don't know if this will help us in the sense that it might hinder the reception of the other teams, or if it will just make us sink even deeper.

• Wow, to defeat Poland in 5 sets is not a good sign but to be defeated by Serbia in 4 sets is just a terrible sign.

I am eager to see the statistics. I hope that the substitutes are the ones playing so that there is a justification for the loss. But if it is the main team like Sokolova and Gamova who are playing, then there is something wrong already.

I know reception is bad. But what did they do for the past months? That is my question really now.

• Wow, to defeat Poland in 5 sets is not a good sign but to be defeated by Serbia in 4 sets is just a terrible sign.

I am eager to see the statistics. I hope that the substitutes are the ones playing so that there is a justification for the loss. But if it is the main team like Sokolova and Gamova who are playing, then there is something wrong already.

I know reception is bad (...)

the starting line-up was: Sheshenina - Gamova, Sokolova - Godina, Merkulova - Borodakova, Kabeshova.
    In the 2nd set, when Russians let Serbia make 3 aces (10-7 for Serbia after 2 aces in a row for Brakocević) Fateeva entered for ... Sokolova :wall: then Brakocević served another ace, so Artamonova entered for Godina. Sokolova returned before the end of that 2nd set while Zhenya remained on the field till the end of the match. Alimova played 3rd and 4th set (instead of Merkulova) Later I also saw Akulova, but I didn't notice if she stayed for a longer period (I switched to other channel, because the game was a pain to watch with so many errors).

• I know reception is bad. But what did they do for the past months? That is my question really now.

Me too :) ehh new ball :P

Altough I don't have RTS 2 only RTS SAT :) Serbian leanguage isn't as difficult as I think , so a little bit I can understand. Do you have third set POL-SERB or match POL-RUSS?? Russian game was terrible, but to the OG it's a little time.We will see,I believe that if We meet in SF Poland win.

I really want to analize match POL-RUSS..IT could be answer to a lot of question. POL-SERB - quite good match. Lot of mistakes - both Poland and Serbia, Sadurek has played not bad and not good. Don't you think that she plays a little combination? She hasn't been to precise.

Glinka,Masza - they can much much more. Esp. one mistake in the 1 set. I've never seen sth like this in all Glinka's performance :) when she returns a ball to our poll - attac from our poll to our poll to 1st metre :woohoo:

Skowrońska - not precise. Sometimes she hit the ball don't know where - just to attac. But it's matter of time :)

Zenik , Barańska - amazing performance. Podolec, Gajgał - also good :)

Generally should be quite good in Pekin :olympia: