Friendly NT Matches

• Turkey - Belgium 4-0

I just know that not more, Polen wrote that on a periscope stream.

Belgium: Heyrman (2), Leys (3), Grobelna (20), Aelbrecht (5), Vandesteene (4), Van de Vyver (4). Libero: Courtois + Biebauw (2), Wittock (4), Van Gestel (4), Cools (7), Catry (1), Cianci (0).

• Azerbaijan : Croatia 4:0 (25:18,25:23,25:22,25:23)
    Top Scorers: Bayramova 14, Matiaskovska 12, Rahimova 12; Fabris 22, Ušič 14, Jelič 5

• Poland beats Germany 3-1, no more info about scores and rosters :(

source: twitter of Joanna Wołosz :D

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• In Polish first team played: Wołosz, Zaroślińska, Skowrońska-Dolata, Werblińska, Tokarska, Bednarek-Kasza, Durajczyk (L) and Kaliszuk as sub
    In Polish second team played: Bełcik, Miros, Kurnikowska, Paszek, Kąkolewska, Pycia, Sawicka (L) and Wójcik as sub

No info who played in German teams :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• In Polish first team played: Wołosz, Zaroślińska, Skowrońska-Dolata, Werblińska, Tokarska, Bednarek-Kasza, Durajczyk (L) and Kaliszuk as sub
    In Polish second team played: Bełcik, Miros, Kurnikowska, Paszek, Kąkolewska, Pycia, Sawicka (L) and Wójcik as sub

No info who played in German teams :whistle:

Yeah, Kąkolewska on a bench, so far so good. :win:

• Poland - Germany 4:1 (25:23, 25:16, 25:27, 25:19, 15:11).
    Poland : Belcik, Kurnikowska, Pycia, Kaliszuk, Paszek, Tokarska, Durajczyk, Sawicka (L)-Wolosz, Miros, Wojcik.

https://twitter.com/PolskaSiat…status/607150687244427264

• German team is practising with full roster at the moment and preparing for European Games, so I assume they played with the best available team.

Germany played with
    S: Weiss, Apitz, Hanke
    Opp: Kozuch, Lippmann
    MB: Brandt, Silge, Schwertmann, Schölzel
    OH: Brinker, Weihenmeier, Poll, Geerties, Stigrot
    L: Dürr, Thomsen, Völker

All players got to play in these matches.

• Watching these 2 matches USA - China I have to say some things..

Alisha is missed. Not so much setting but digging and blocking, she was great at those skills. Molly is setting good IMO, not so great this second match, but for the short period of time she is with the team, I think she runs the fast offense pretty effective. Slides were good, also some simple middle plays.

Blocking was bad, in the both matches. Players had only 1 block, some of them none, Gibby had 0. It has to be improved..

Serving was good, Akinradewo had 3 aces and the other players also had some, and were forcing China out of system..

Hodge is back, and she can work pretty good in this fast offense.. The only problem I saw, is when balls are short she doesn't close it with her feet, just reaches in and gets stuffed straight down.. Which of course is not fully her fault, because Molly should try and push the balls a bit more.. And her reception wasn't good, but not that bad..

I won't get too excited with Lowe as some do.. She just got out of college and she has yet to prove herself. She is really strong and is generally hitting the balls harder than Murphy.. also she is hitting more around the block, unlike Murphy who likes to score block-outs.. IMO whoever of those is not a starter won't make the 12 people roster, because Fawcett is a very important player of the double sub. As it happened to Alisha, who was certainly better than CT, but didn't make it to London, because Thompson was what they needed with her serve as part of the double sub, the same role had Fawcett, serving for Alisha and blocking great.. However Murphy and Lowe are looking more comfortable scoring with this offense..

Banwarth was great at receiving! She covered almost half the court and still got so high numbers..