Friendly NT Matches

• These results made me decrease my expectations of the ECH for Turkey. Hope we will qualify the group stage.

• It seems in the first match Polish backups beat Turkish ones in 4th and 5th sets. As I already expected, they perform badly and we'll have a bench problem in ECh.

I watched the second match and in 4th set Turkey was leading like 11-3 (?) or so but after that "reception" went wild for Turkey and we lost the set. Surprise surprise :whistle:

• Turkey was leading even 3-14...Poland also lost third set because of reception - it was 11:4. Both teams are irregular and has ups and downs.
    It's nice to see Eda in NT. :cheesy:

• Judging by stats Eda isn't having such a good time with the NT so far. Probably she needs time to improve her connection with Naz since they haven't played together for how long? Since 2012? And about the reception Ferhat it's himself to blame.. He again took 2 defensive liberos - Merve and Gizem K.. I don't know what's so hard to understand - use Orge for reception and Karadayi for defense, the same as in 2011-2012 with Gulden. Only Gozde is a stable receiver

• Judging by stats Eda isn't having such a good time with the NT so far. Probably she needs time to improve her connection with Naz since they haven't played together for how long? Since 2012? And about the reception Ferhat it's himself to blame.. He again took 2 defensive liberos - Merve and Gizem K.. I don't know what's so hard to understand - use Orge for reception and Karadayi for defense, the same as in 2011-2012 with Gulden. Only Gozde is a stable receiver

Guldeniz is there too and she is a solid passer. I'm still not sure what Merve & Meliha are doing there though. Ferhat is starting the tournament 1 step behind because of his wrong player choices.

• Guldeniz is there too and she is a solid passer. I'm still not sure what Merve & Meliha are doing there though. Ferhat is starting the tournament 1 step behind because of his wrong player choices.

What I meant was in the starting six.. from the receivers - she, Neriman and Gizem. Meliha shouldn't be there however I think Merve deserves, BUT it should be her or Karadayi, not both

• Belgium and Czech Republic played 3 friendly matches in Antwerp and here's the results.

1st : Belgium 2-3 Czech Republic (25-20 17-25 26-24 20-25 11-15)
    Belgium : Dirickx (5), Heyrman (16), Leys (4), Aelbrecht (18 ), Van Hecke (5), Vandesteene (9). Libero: Courtois. Kwamen in: Grobelna (12), Biebauw, Cianci, Van Gestel (2), Van de Vyver
    Czech Republic : Vincourová, Havelková, Mlejnková, Havlíčková, Sajdová, Trnková, libero: Kovářová. Střídaly: Vanžurová, Toufarová, Smutná, Hodanová, Vyklická, Kossányiová. (No detailed info)

2nd : Belgium 3-1 Czech Republic (25:21, 20:25, 25:23, 25:19)
    Belgium : Dirickx (7), Heyrman (11), Leys (5), Aelbrecht (14), Van Hecke (26), Vandesteene (2). Libero: Courtois. Kwamen in: Biebauw, Van Gestel (8 ), Van de Vyver.
    Czech Republic : Smutná, Vanžurová, Mlejnková, Kossányiová, Vyklická, Trnková, libero: Dostálová. Střídaly: Vincourová, Toufarová, Sajdová, Hodanová. (No detailed info)

3rd : Belgium 3-2 Czech Republic (25:18, 19:25, 24:26, 25:21, 15:6)
    Belgium : Dirickx (11), Heyrman (11), Leys (11), Grobelna (22), Aelbrecht (13), Van Hecke (18 ) . Libero: Courtois. Kwamen in: Biebauw, Cianci (1), Van Gestel, Van de Vyver, Catry.
    Czech Republic : Smutná, Havlíčková, Vanžurová, Mlejnková, Sajdová, Trnková, libero: Kovářová. Střídaly: Hodanová, Kossányiová, Toufarová, Vincourová. (No detailed info)

A bunch of photos.

• who plays as OH? Grobelna or Lise in the third Game?

• Croatia - Azer. 4:0 (25:11,25:17,25:22,25:20)

Top Scorers:
    Cro: Samanta Fabris 16, Ivana Miloš 10, Katarina Barun 9
    Azer: Zhidkova 17, Rahimova 5, Bayramova 4

• Samanta Fabris played two sets and She had 91% in attack. :super: :super: :super:

EDIT:
    1.-2. Grbac, Fabris, Poljak, Miloš, Ušić Jogunica, Jerkov i Božičević.
    3.4 Topić, Ćutuk, Barun, Brčić, Klarić, Božičević.

Croatia team : 52%in attack.

• Grobelna.

As we can see such rotation with 2 OPs on court can be a threat for other teams - neither Leys nor Vandesteene is decent scorer in last games, while Grobelna on left wing can make a difference, pity that she chose Belgium, not Poland...

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I dont think playing well in friendly matches means something big, but Im surprised at Grobelna's positive results, obviously she's no way close to Van Hecke's level, still a lot of things to learn and develop though.

Belgian MBs are playing very well, both Heyrman and Aelbrecht, Dirixx seems to trust them much more than Leys and Vandesteene :lol: And I'd do the same if I were the setter.

Havlickova didnt seem to be fit yet due to her knee problems and Czech Republic's weak middle will cause some problems in ECH I think. Trnkova was a lot better in block last year, Sajdova, just a decent slider, not competitive in block at all. I wonder who will be the starting setter. Smutna can be a consistent setter, not many errors but she's just like croatian Grbac or serbian Zivkovic, very boring and predictable. Vincourova is a czech version of Femke Stoltenborg :D She has bad technics but tends to play a very fun volleyball, besides she has better connections with the middle, doubtful how many times she will use them though.

Mlejnkova's performance has been quite decent but I'd put Vanzurova as OH aside Havelkova to add some aggressiveness.

• Are you sure you mean the right player? Vincourova has a very beautiful technique, similar to Ognjenovic with a very smooth ball touch.

exactly :teach:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• @ Burak : I didn't know you were interested in Pavla.

I was talking about her other techniques, maybe a different view. I'd like to see her as starter for sure.

• Emil

I watched her live 3 or 4 times during in action at CL campaign. I think, she's really talented, young but unexperienced. She's still playing in a low level teams and needs to work with a good coach and play with good players, maybe we can say that Pavla is the czech version of Lena Möllers (GER/S)

off the record, she's very shy girl :D

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Yeah I agree, Pavla is such a sweet girl. She had a good season in Scandicci last year, not so outstanding, but if we consider it was her 1st season abroad... she was overall good. I'd prefer her over Smutna or Muhlsteinova. :D