Friendly NT Matches

• Poland- Belgium 3-0 (23,19,22)

Poland: Wolosz, Tomsia, Smarzek, Medrzyk, Polanska, Kakolewska, Witkowska

Additional set : 22:25
    Poland: Wołosz, Smarzek, Kąkolewska, Tomsia, Polańska, Mędrzyk, Witkowska (libero) oraz Polak, Grajber, Efimienko, Brzóska, Alagierska, Bociek, Pleśnierowicz.

Belgium: Biebauw, Leys, Heyrman, van Hecke, Herbots, Aelbrecht, Courtois (libero) oraz van Gestel, Strumiło, van Sas.

• Poland- Belgium 3-0 (23,19,22)

Poland: Wolosz, Tomsia, Smarzek, Medrzyk, Polanska, Kakolewska, Witkowska

Extra set: 22:25 (subs played in this set)

POL: Wołosz, Smarzek, Kąkolewska, Tomsia, Polańska, Mędrzyk, Witkowska (L) and Polak, Grajber, Efimienko, Brzóska, Alagierska, Bociek, Pleśnierowicz.

BEL: Biebauw, Leys, Heyrman, van Hecke, Herbots, Aelbrecht, Courtois (L) and van Gestel, Strumiło, van Sas.

• Polish starting line-up looks decently, I hope there is at leat a little chance to perform satisfactorily during WCHQ :roll:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Polish starting line-up looks decently, I hope there is at leat a little chance to perform satisfactorily during WCHQ

Yeah there's no doubt that for this moment the strongest line-up is: Wołosz, Smarzek, Kąkolewska, Tomsia, Mędrzyk, Polańska and Witkowska. I hope it will be enough to beat Slovakia and Czech Republic. :whistle:

• GER - HUN 3:1 (25:13, 25:10, 25:15, extra set 28:30)

Germany: Hanke, Brinker, Schölzel, Lippmann, Geerties, Pettke, Dürr (L) and Kemmsies, Möllers, Stigrot, Poll, Grozer, Großer, Kauffeldt, Schwertmann, Wezorke, Pogany (L).
    Hungary: Z. Kötel, Dekany, Nagy, Soos, Szakmary, Dobi, D. Kötel (L) and Bleicher, Villam, Liliom, Pallag, Kalotai, Leidgeb, Szpin (L).

I hope Hungarian federation will post scores again later.

• GER - HUN 3:1 (25:13, 25:10, 25:15, extra set 28:30)

I hope Hungarian federation will post scores again later.

And here we go:

GER: Hanke 2, Brinker 12, Geerties 9, Pettke 9, Lippmann 15, Schölzel 6, Dürr/Pogány (liberos), Kemmsies 4, Poll, Kauffedt 2, Stigrot 4, Grózer 9, Möllers, Grosser 3, Wezorke 1, Schwertmann 3.
    HUN: Kötél Zs. 1, Dékány 2, Dobi 6, Soós 4, Szakmáry 4, Nagy E. 2., Kötél D./Szpin (liberos), Liliom 6, Bleicher, Kalotai 5, Pallag 7, Leidgeb 3, Villám 8.

• Croatia lost against Slovenia in their first match. 3:1 (25:14, 32:34, 25:21, 27:25)

This is not good news for us, Slovenia is not strong NT and We lost against them.

Starting six
    Grbac-Fabris
    Mlinar-Klaric
    Milos-Strunjak
    Bozicevic

We have problems with reception and Grbac was not playing good, Peric was not even in roster so I don't know what is with her. Milos played only 2 sets and Strunjak have good performance with 4 blocks but She was weak attacking(10/1) but problem was connection with Grbac.
    Samanta was weak too with many errors in attack (Even if she was best scorer with 16 points, but she needs to lead her team much more), Luketic was sub for Fabris and She did great performance with 11/7.

Lucija Mlinar was very good, She had good reception and great attacking 17/9(17 balls in 4 sets for OH, like wtf?) Ana was not using her a lot. Klara Klaric was just ok in reception and bad in attack.

Overall I'm not happy at all. This is Slovenia and we didn't beat them. Croatia NT will have huge problems. Mia Jerkov will miss this competition and probably Maja Poljak.

• And here we go:

GER: Hanke 2, Brinker 12, Geerties 9, Pettke 9, Lippmann 15, Schölzel 6, Dürr/Pogány (liberos), Kemmsies 4, Poll, Kauffedt 2, Stigrot 4, Grózer 9, Möllers, Grosser 3, Wezorke 1, Schwertmann 3.
    HUN: Kötél Zs. 1, Dékány 2, Dobi 6, Soós 4, Szakmáry 4, Nagy E. 2., Kötél D./Szpin (liberos), Liliom 6, Bleicher, Kalotai 5, Pallag 7, Leidgeb 3, Villám 8.

DVV posted their stats of the first match vs Hungary:

http://www.volleyball-verband.…le/Statistik-GER-HUN1.pdf

Who is Greta Szakamary? That's an incredible performance for an OH, and I've never heard of her.
    On the other hand, Germany is in bad shape. When Germany was competitive, they had great players at every position except OH (and that's what held them back). Now those same OHs are the best of the team. Big decline, and I think it's generational rather than anyone's "fault"

• Szakmary is still playing in Hungarian league and their NT is rather weak so it's normal that she's not popular, but she's a good player.

As for Germany, I don't agree that our OHs are the best players but yeah, no longer our weakest either. For me Lenka Dürr and Louisa Lippmann are the strongest players we have in the current team.

• IMO, Slovenia beating Croatia is no big surprise. It was overdue. Better get used to it, as i think Slovenia's future looks brighter than Croatia's.

Agreed! Slovenian youth/junior NT has been in top 6 for last 3-4 generation constantly whereas Croatia's success always relied on veteran players and they dont have any success on junior level

• I recognise there were several important players missing in the NT lineups: Renata Sandor at Hungary (probably not fully recovered from the hard German league season), Dora Horvath too (retired), and also no Kaja Grobelna with Yellow Tigers of Belgium. So we should not interpret results too far...

• I recognise there were several important players missing in the NT lineups: Renata Sandor at Hungary (probably not fully recovered from the hard German league season), Dora Horvath too (retired), and also no Kaja Grobelna with Yellow Tigers of Belgium. So we should not interpret results too far...

Grobelna played last weekend against Poland. She was even on a short video from these sparings. So I guess she will play at WCQT.

• And according to stats, she played a little. I think Van de Broek prefers Van Hecke as a starter