Friendly NT Matches

• Croatia - Aze first friendly match 2:2, second friendly match 3:1 for Aze.

Croatia played with this starting six
    Šaini (S) - Barun (OPP)
    Milos(MB) - Strunjak (MB)
    Fabris (OH) - Ikic (OH)
    Sain (L)

• USANT looked discombobulated. Lloyd's sets were low. Foluke had a hard time hitting the ball, a lot of miscues between them. Hill and Larson were not terminators. I know a lot had to do with them not practicing enough time with Lloyd. Lloyd had a good connect with the other players that have competed with each other. I wonder if Larson is injured. She kept rubbing her right shoulder. Drews played well.
    Tandara is just a beast. Brazil's team is usually made up of the same players and plays consistently as a team.

After world championship opposite should be tandara but ze had shiela in mind and persuades her to continue... now tandara is ze's ultimate weapon. I think with right diet, bia and tandara will give headaches to zhu ting and yun li... and milena rasoc

• It is next to impossible that Tandara wasn't in Ze's mind as the opposite but unfortunately for Tandara she got pregnant which probably forced Ze to find elsewhere. Joyce and Monique were called for World Grand Prix and PanAm Games when Sheilla was rested in 2015 from the national team season.

Tandara still needs a back up unless you all want to move forward with old Monique being that player. Monique fits more the criteria of a mentor nowadays so can't say she's useless.

Tandara has some issues that needs to be addressed. She's not young anymore and she makes the mistakes when she's up against a great block. So a back up is needed that can play at par with her or better in some aspect and ofcourse in case of an injury. I don't see Monique as a player who is better than Tandara. Tandara scores better than her in the backrow. Even Sheilla can still be the back up but she retired making it unfeasible so they have to find a better one.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• Yea I agree funny thing is at times it turns back to normal, so I still don't know if it's the hall or the camera.

Turkey started with Naz, Neriman, Gözde, Kübra, Eda, Meryem and Simge as libero.

• Yea I agree funny thing is at times it turns back to normal, so I still don't know if it's the hall or the camera.

I think the LED boards are causing problems for the camera. When there's a dark advertisement the hall looks bright and vice versa :aww:

I could imagine that Guidetti wishes Lippmann was Turkish :whistle:

• I really don't know what Brinker is doing on court. She doesn't receive, she doesn't defend, she doesn't attack. She's just there because she's the most experienced player and once upon a time was the best OH we had. Now I think Poll and Großer wouldn't be worse for sure...

• Turkey is controlling the game well except the parts that Germany serves hard, I like Naz's sets to backrow. I'm not happy with Simge though :S

• I really don't know what Brinker is doing on court. She doesn't receive, she doesn't defend, she doesn't attack. She's just there because she's the most experienced player and once upon a time was the best OH we had. Now I think Poll and Großer wouldn't be worse for sure...

Agree, she is not a reliable OH considering her experience. She is like opposite of all-around player, she can neither attack nor receive well :aww:

• Turkey wins the regular match 3:0 (21, 22, 22) but there will at least one more set.

As for Germany, Lisa Gründing performs very well in her first ever NT match :thumbup: She's a very late bloomer, she never played in youth/junior NTs and was transformed into MB just about two years ago because of injuries in her club team but she has been doing very well and now she is 4th MB in NT all of a sudden.

• I think in general today every player played well in Turkish side. BTW judging by today seems Neslihan is the last cut player, not Meryem nor Polen. Tugba seems like she fits in with the team already as well. Also her first ever interland with the senior NT.

On Germany I have to say they were super weak offensively throughout the match but then suddenly in the middle of the 3rd set they were pumping up and some players had some amazing powerful spikes. They needed more of that.

I think both teams were not at their best or amazing but then again this is a friendly match...

• On Germany I have to say they were super weak offensively throughout the match but then suddenly in the middle of the 3rd set they were pumping up and some players had some amazing powerful spikes. They needed more of that.

I think both teams were not at their best or amazing but then again this is a friendly match...

Yeah, Lena Stigrot definitely had her 15 minutes of fame in 3rd set, hammering down one ball after another.

The teams need to be at their best in 3-4 weeks in ECH so of course today's match is not at the very highest level. Though I agree that Turkey plays fairly well already.

• Lisa Gründing

Turkey wins the regular match 3:0 (21, 22, 22) but there will at least one more set.

As for Germany, Lisa Gründing performs very well in her first ever NT match :thumbup: She's a very late bloomer, she never played in youth/junior NTs and was transformed into MB just about two years ago because of injuries in her club team but she has been doing very well and now she is 4th MB in NT all of a sudden.

Wasn't Ssuschke also late bloomer? :teach:

Is this the final-14 player of Germany or is there still someone to be cut?