Friendly NT Matches

• Yes, Ssuschke was a similar case, but Gründing is even more extreme. Nadja Schaus is another example, she also played best after being converted to MB.

One more player has to be cut for Germany, probably one of the OH/OPPs.

After watching Stigrot's embarassing attempts of reception for half a set I begin to understand why Koslowski is still holding on to Brinker :S

• Apparently Gui considers Hande as Opp too, which might be a bad idea.

I liked the team overall, most backup players are contributing well. I also like the idea of switching Güldeniz with Opp to hide Neriman at reception.

• Italia-Azerbaijan 3-0 (25-18, 25-23, 26-24); additional set 25-15.
    Italia: Sorokaite 7, Loda ne, Bonifacio 10, Malinov 1, De Gennaro (L), Folie ne, Orro 1, Bosetti C. 17, Chirichella 12, Danesi 3, Guerra ne, Tirozzi 9, Bosetti L. 6, Diouf 8, Egonu ne, Parrocchiale (L) ne. All. Mazzanti.
    Azerbaijan: Kovalenko 4, Gurbanova ne, Bayramova 3, Abdulazimova, Hasanova 1, Samadova 1, Mammadova N. 14, Matiasovska 1, Zhidkova 4, Mammadova V. (L), Yagubova, Karimova A. 1, Karimova Y. (L), Rahimova 24, Habibova 1, Bessanova ne. All. Garayev.

Malinov injured her ankle in 1st set, there are no further infos yet about her condition.

• Italy will play 6 (now 5) friendly matches before the ECh... but all vs Azerbaijan!
    3 in Italy this week, 3 in Baku the week before the ECh (so we will know the 14 players roster before September the 15th).

No news about Malinov, but yesterday I read it seemed not that severe. Crossing my fingers!

• Netherlands and Germany play two friendly matches this weekend. Apparently there will be a live stream on Facebook, but not sure if it's today or tomorrow ?(

I presume livestream for both matches, since the stream will be broadcasted at Dutch NT's own Facebookpage :teach:

Today, 5:00 PM CET, tomorrow 4:00 PM CET

• Nice first tempo by Koolhas :white: I didn't know she was able to hit this well.
    I think Hanke is an outstanding setter when it comes to reverse sets, not many European setters are good at it to be honest.

• OMG, I know Friendlies are a possibility to experiment....but it hurts my eyes to see Plak receiving, to see Koolhaas at the net, to see Buijs as opposite...

At least, Morrisson can say he gave a chance to the substitutes.

P.S. Jasper is a cute girl, but that's it. I will be happy when Pietersen will be back next summer...

• I think Plak definitely should play as OPP but she knows and everyone knows that she will be all behind Lon if she ever does that. It's indeed painful to see her pass, she hasn't improved any of it compared to last 2-3 years :wavy:

Koolhaas could hit very well when she gets a good ball from her setter, yet, she's too clumsy at the net as you said, which is the hugest advantage A middle blocker could ever have.

I like how Hanke runs her attackers btw, she deserves a positive mention.

• I think Plak definitely should play as OPP but she knows and everyone knows that she will be all behind Lon if she ever does that. It's indeed painful to see her pass, she hasn't improved any of it compared to last 2-3 years :wavy:

Koolhaas could hit very well when she gets a good ball from her setter, yet, she's too clumsy at the net as you said, which is the hugest advantage A middle blocker could ever have.

I like how Hanke runs her attackers btw, she deserves a positive mention.

Yes, I agree on all you write.

P.S. I think the positive thing about today's match was the fact we could watch this match in a decent quality stream :teach: :drink:

The level of the match was poor.

• The level of the match was poor.

Yes, and definitely not because of the Dutch team :S

There's a lot of work for Germany until ECH. Reception was terrible, mostly Brinker but the others didn't do great either. And since we're a bad attacking team even with good reception, of course nothing at all worked after bad reception. We also didn't serve great, there was no block, defense was weak. Actually really nothing was good for Germany :white:

• Croatia-Czech Rep. 2:2 (26:24, 16:25, 25:21, 18:25)

Croatia is growing as team day by day and results are showing this progress after lossing 4:0 against Czech Rep. in first friendly match. We have very good hitters Fabris and Barun but still I don't know how is reception working with Fabris-Ikic duo. Ikic is very good defence player so She probably covers a lot of reception.
    I don't know why is Aksentijevic is using Cutuk as second MB after Strunjak showed very good game with NT, She signed with Bergamo, so I don't know why is Cutuk starter. What I know that She has good serve and that is it :whistling:

And now Croatia has 3 jump server. So I guess We will have a lot of serve errors and also We can put a lot of pressure at opponent reception.

Croatia should play one friendly match against Italy, does some Italian fans knows if this gone happend ??