Friendly NT Matches

• Confirmed now, today's NED-GER will again be streamed on Facebook :thumbsup: Hoping for a better match than yesterday though...

Some scores: Sloetjes and Plak 16 pts each, Plak with 5 blocks, Koolhaas with 4. No info yet from German fed

EDIT: Lippmann 12, Brinker 9, Geerties and Schölzel 7.

• Game is done. The field couldn't be more colorful with orange and red combination, I was sorta confused at the beginning.
    I hope those two friendlies somewhat helped both teams :drink:

• I guess winning two sets against NED, albeit without Dijkema, Sloetjes and Grothues, is not that bad. But the three sets we lost were just too awful to be any happy :wall:

Lippmann got blocked all over in the first two sets and I think in tie-break she had 0 pts and at least 2 errors. Brinker once again couldn't deliver a single perfect pass but once Geerties and Dürr covered her she was at least pretty reliable in attack. Our blocking is a joke and in defense only Dürr exists.

But what worries me the most: the Dutch were receiving with Knip, Buijs and Daalderop and except for some moments in 3rd and 4th set we were not able to cause any pressure on them :white: My hope for the AZE match in ECH was that we could cause them enough problems with serve to have some chances, but like this their big guns will just run over us.

• Agreed. Lippmann is definitely the most reliable hitter but she can't score when the team desperately needs her to win.
    I felt sorry for Dürr and Geerties for having to cover Fromm in passing, it really caused receiving problems. It was rather funny to see Lenka slowly being an expert of covering :D

As for Dutch passing - I don't think Germans served good enough today. Knip gets super unstable when she faces strong float servers and she was pretty good, perhaps she's improving.

• Turkey and Serbia camp is finished.
    Two teams played 3 game in 4 days

8 September Turkey 3 Serbia 1 ( 27-25, 22-25, 25-21, 25-17 )
    9 September Turkey 1 Serbia 3 ( 23-25, 26-24, 22-25, 21-25 )
    11 September Turkey 4 Serbia 0 ( 25-21, 25-21, 25-23, 25-17 )

Last match stats

TUR: Gözde 15 Kübra 10 Polen 12 Eda 9 Neriman 9
    SRB: Boskovic 26

:heart: :heart: :heart:

• pity that there is no info about rosters in each match, but I must say that Turkey seams to be very good prepared for ECH :win:

• pity that there is no info about rosters in each match, but I must say that Turkey seams to be very good prepared for ECH :win:

There is actually :) They posted stats on the Serbian NT thread: Serbian NT 2017

All 3 matches had stats published. Mihajlovic didnt play the last match due to injury. Veljkovic is doing an excellent job. I actually would love to watch Veljkovic and Rasic instead of Stevanovic.

• Netherlands - Poland, today 19.00

Netherlands - Poland, tomorrow 19.00

will be broadcasted at Dutch NT's FB-page

http://www.facebook.com/volleybaldames

For Polish users: unfortunately, it is not the same quality as Polsat Sport HD ;)

• It's still better than nothing! Thank you :rose:

• NED - POL yesterday 3:1, today 3:2. I could watch only some parts of both matches but I found it quite entertaining and on a decent level.

GER-BEL yesterday in an inofficial training match 5:0, today in the official match 1:3 (25-21, 24-26, 19-25, 15-25), tomorrow another inofficial match.

• NED - POL yesterday 3:1, today 3:2. I could watch only some parts of both matches but I found it quite entertaining and on a decent level.

GER-BEL yesterday in an inofficial training match 5:0, today in the official match 1:3 (25-21, 24-26, 19-25, 15-25), tomorrow another inofficial match.

Poland quite impressed me!

I really like Wolosz' fast game with the very tall MBs and Smarzek!

I believe they will play a good ECH!

• I agree. I don't know why Polish fans dislike her so much, I think she's better than Skorupa. Maybe Skorupa's best is better than Wolosz's best, but Wolosz doesn't have Skorupa's meltdowns. She even makes Efimienko look like a real good attacker :white:

Looking at the latest developments, German team quite likely can finish 3rd in the pool and then be eliminated by the 2nd ranked of the pool with Russia and Turkey :S

• Two victories for Bulgarian NT against Serbia in Belgrade. First one 3:2 and second 3:1. In the first match topscorers for BG are Elitsa Vasileva and Strashi Filipova with 16 pts and Rabadzhieva with 15 pts, for Serbia Mihajlovic with 18 and Veljkovic and Boskovic with 16 pts. In the second game Vasileva has 18 pts, Ruseva 13 pts and Filipova 11 pts while Serbia has 16 pts for Mihajlovic and 18 pts for Boskovic.

• SRB is not giving good signals just before ECH :S Of course BUL is a very strong team anyway but losing against BUL in two matches in a row shows something is wrong with the team :whistle:

• I agree. I don't know why Polish fans dislike her so much, I think she's better than Skorupa. Maybe Skorupa's best is better than Wolosz's best, but Wolosz doesn't have Skorupa's meltdowns. She even makes Efimienko look like a real good attacker :white:

Looking at the latest developments, German team quite likely can finish 3rd in the pool and then be eliminated by the 2nd ranked of the pool with Russia and Turkey :S

Bulgaria should also have some chances to finish at least second? For me, Turkey and Bulgaria looks pretty much in a deadlock at the moment strength-wise. I know Turkey defeated Bulgaria 3x2 in the qualies some months ago, and the game was played in front of the bulgarian home crowd, however Bulgaria looks stronger now and they are in (for me) possession of more juice in attack than Turkey; Vasileva, Rabadzhieva, ex-Nikolova, Filipova, Ruseva, surely sufficient to at least be regarded as a threat to the very top positions in any tournament in good shape, or how do assess the situation or the balance in this group? Bulgaria represent nothing but dead meat or cannon fodder for Turkey to soak up as they want to absorb it? I am interested in your view of Bulgaria, especially since they defeated Serbia back-2-back now last weekend, if they, in this light, should not deserve to be viewed as an interesting dark horse in this tournament, if this could not be the moment where they, once for all, finally capitalize on their teoretical capacity in reality, after all these endless years of virtually eternal failure in important tournaments.

• Bulgaria should also have some chances to finish at least second? For me, Turkey and Bulgaria looks pretty much in a deadlock at the moment strength-wise. I know Turkey beat Bulgaria 3x2 in the qualies some months ago, and the game was played in front of the bulgarian home crowd, however Bulgaria looks stronger now and they are in (for me) possession of more juice in attack than Turkey; Vasileva, Rabadzhieva, ex-Nikolova, Filipova, Ruseva, surely sufficient to at least be regarded as a threat to the very top positions in any tournament in good shape, or how do assess the situation or the balance in this group? Bulgaria represent nothing but dead meat or cannon fodder for Turkey to soak up as they want to absorb it? I am interested in your view of Bulgaria, especially since they defeated Serbia back-2-back now last weekend, if they, in this light, should not deserve to be viewed as an interesting dark horse in this tournament, if this could not be the moment where they, once for all, finally capitalize on their teoretical capacity in reality, after all these endless years of virtually eternal failure in important tournaments.

Imho all three of these teams are pretty similar. I know Russia = always Russia but they don't even necessarily look much stronger then Bulgaria or Turkey too me . Their reception is really a big problem with Koshe as OH. Turkey will likely also get some players from U23 which were world champions and might or might not surprise in this tournament as well. Bulgaria has a powerhouse team. I really don't see Russia as the save one here. :?: Nobody looks safe if you ask me, it will be about who brings their A-game the best. But yea the odds will probably be in Russia's favor followed by Turkey.

• It's exactly Bulgaria's long history of failures makes me sceptical, but in theory they have the ability to beat both Russia and Turkey. IMO their problem is that strong serving teams such as Turkey can very easily cause trouble for them because Vasileva is a very vulnerable receiver and Filipova and Rabadzhieva aren't strong enough to cover her. Also Emiliya Nikolova tends to screw up when the going gets tough.

I think Bulgaria has a better shot at beating Russia than beating Turkey actually...Guidetti usually always makes sure that his teams show up perfectly prepared to the important tournaments. Among Russia-Turkey-Bulgaria every order in the ranking is possible, and I would not totally exclude the option of Ukraine causing an upset for someone...

• It's exactly Bulgaria's long history of failures makes me sceptical, but in theory they have the ability to beat both Russia and Turkey. IMO their problem is that strong serving teams such as Turkey can very easily cause trouble for them because Vasileva is a very vulnerable receiver and Filipova and Rabadzhieva aren't strong enough to cover her. Also Emiliya Nikolova tends to screw up when the going gets tough.

I think Bulgaria has a better shot at beating Russia than beating Turkey actually...Guidetti usually always makes sure that his teams show up perfectly prepared to the important tournaments. Among Russia-Turkey-Bulgaria every order in the ranking is possible, and I would not totally exclude the option of Ukraine causing an upset for someone...

Great points, thanks for input.

• I also agree with Matthias.. Bulgarian team has been pretty much the same these last 4-5 years.. The diference is Rabadzhieva becoming a much all rounded player, and Emiliya Nikolova playing weaker.. So they have always been great on paper.. I wanna see them do good, let's hope they will

• Second and last friendly match between Ita and Aze in Baku.

ITALIA-AZERBAIJAN 3-1 (25-18, 25-22, 24-26, 25-15).
    ITALIA: Orro 2, C. Bosetti 6, Chirichella 5, Egonu 12, Tirozzi 9, Folie 7. Libero: De Gennaro. Bonifacio 5, Loda 9, Danesi 7, L. Bosetti 3, Cambi 1, Sorokaite 5, Parrochiale (L). All. Mazzanti.
    AZERBAIJAN: Samadova 5, Mammadova 8, Yagubova 2, Rahimova 15, Bayramova 2, Kovalenko 3. Libero: Mammadova V., Abdulazimova 1, Hasanova 4, Matiasovska 5, Karimova 4, Habibova 3, Zhidkova 3, Bessanova. N.e: Gurbanova, Karimova Y, All. Garayev.
    NOTE – Durata Set: 21′, 24′, 23′, 20′. ITALIA: 12 a, 16 bs, 7 m, 30 et. AZERBAIJAN: 7 a, 11 bs, 10 m, 40 et.

The first ended 3-2 for Ita and was overall more fought.

ITALIA-AZERBAIJAN 3-2 (10-25, 25-15, 19-25, 29-27, 17-15)

ITALIA: Orro 4, C. Bosetti 7, Chirichella 11, Egonu 25, Tirozzi 11, Folie 16. Libero: De Gennaro. Bonifacio 3, Loda 5, Danesi, L. Bosetti, Cambi 1. N.e: Sorokaite e Parrochiale. All. Mazzanti.
    AZERBAIJAN: Samadova 11, Mammadova 17, Yagubova 4, Rahimova 16, Bayramova 5, Kovalenko 7. Libero: Mammadova V. Abdulazimova, Hasanova 3, Matiasovska 1, Karimova, Habibova. N.e: Gurbanova, Zhidkova, Karimova Y, Bessanova. All. Garayev.
    Durata Set: 12’, 16’, 17’, 24’, 20’.
    ITALIA: 14 a, 21 bs, 11 m, 43 et.
    AZERBAIJAN: 7 a, 15 bs, 14 m, 39 et.

It seems Tirozzi may be titular alongside C.Bosetti, the others titular will be the same of WGP (obviously with Orro instead of Malinov)