Friendly NT Matches

• what about matuskova and havelkova? are they injured :what:

As I said before Havelkova has an injury. I don't know exactly what's with Matuszkova but some time ago someone wrote here that she has health problems too :thumbdown:

• In the both matches with Czech Republic the team of Bulgaria was : Diana Nenova , Dobriana Rabadzhieva , Eva Yaneva , Emilia Nikolova , Tsvetelina Zarkova , Strashimira Filipova , Maria Filipova - L reserves - Elitsa Vasileva , Maria Karakasheva . In the second match doesn' t play Antonina Zetova .

• Second match:
    Peru - Canada 3:1 (26-24, 25-17, 20-25, 26-24)

Vamos Peru :super:

and:

Peru – Canada 3:0 (25:22, 25:17, 25:19) :drink:

• Italy and Russia made a friendly game in Italy to preparete for the WGP quali, Italy won 3x1!!!!!!!!Looks Gioli si back to old shape! She was the most scorer, with 19 points.

Italy 3x1 Russia (25-23, 14-25, 25-22, 25-21) - Statistics

Italy started with: Lo Bianco, Ortolani, Piccinini, Del Core, Gioli, Barazza, Merlo (L)

Russia started with: Startseva, Gamova, Sokolova, Goncharova, Borodakova, Perepelkina, Kryuchkova (L), Kabeshova (L) (She is back, that is nice!!)

source sbvolley.ru

• Gioli played a great match :thumbup: Gamova, Sokolova and Ortolani played a fair match :down:

Del Core had a great reception position %70 8)

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• USA is travelling to Brazil to play some friendly matches against the World #1.

The USA players travelling have been selected:

1 - Ogonna Nnamani (OPP, 6-1, Bloomington, Ill., Stanford)
    2 - Alisha Glass (S, 6-0, Leland, Mich., Penn State)
    5 - Stacy Sykora (L, 5-10, Burleson, Texas, Texas A&M)
    6 - Nicole Davis (L, 5-4, Stockton, Calif., Southern California)
    7 - Heather Bown (MB, 6-3, Yorba Linda, Calif., Hawaii)
    8 - Cynthia Barboza (OH, 6-0, Long Beach, Calif., Stanford)
    9 - Jennifer Tamas (MB, 6-4, Milpitas, Calif., Pacific)
    10 - Kim Glass (OH, 6-2, Lancaster, Pa., Arizona)
    11 - Jordan Larson (OH, 6-2, Hooper, Neb., Nebraska)
    12 - Nancy Metcalf (OPP, 6-1, Hull, Iowa, Nebraska)
    13 - Lauren Paolini (MB, 6-4, Ann Arbor, Mich., Texas)
    16 - Foluke Akinradewo (MB, 6-3, Plantation, Fla., Stanford)
    17 - Nellie Spicer (S, 5-9, Barrington, Ill., UCLA)
    18 - Megan Hodge (OH, 6-3, Durham, N.C., Penn State)
    19 - Destinee Hooker (OPP, 6-4, San Antonio, Texas, Texas)

(Yay! Kim Glass is back! So No Logan Tom, No Lindsey Berg...perhaps the 2 are secured of a slot for the World Championships and are probably resting?)

Location/Venue: MARINGA
    USA vs Brazil - Sept. 25 - 9pm
    USA vs Brazil - Sept. 26 - 9pm

Location/Venue: LONDRINA
    USA vs Brazil - Sept. 28 - 7pm
    USA vs Brazil - Sept. 29 - 7pm

Brazilian fans hope you can give us a link where to watch this online! Would appreciate it!

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• I hope Nancy Metcalf and Hooker will be Opp in WCh..Nancy played a good season in Brazil and i think she will be a better option than Nnamani.

• Update on the US-Brazil series of friendly matches:

US won 1st set 25-19

Brazil started with: Jacqueline, Fabiola, Fabiana, Thaisa, Natalia, Joyce and Fabi

US starters: Larson, Hodge, Akinradewo, Tamas, Metcalf, A. Glass and Sykora

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Brazil win USA 3x2 (19-25, 25-17, 24-26, 25-15, 15-11)

Next Games: 27/09 - Maringa/Brazil

Brasil: Fabíola, Joycinha, Thaísa, Fabiana, Jaqueline, Natália , Fabi(L) (Dani Lins, Fernanda Garay, Sassá)

USA: Glass, Metcalf, Hodge, Larson, Tamas, Akinradewo, Sykora (L) (Barboza, Kimberly Glass, Nnamani)

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Brasil: Fabíola, Joycinha, Thaísa, Fabiana, Jaqueline, Natália , Fabi(L) (Dani Lins, Fernanda Garay, Sassá)

USA: Glass, Metcalf, Hodge, Larson, Tamas, Akinradewo, Sykora (L) (Barboza, Kimberly Glass, Nnamani)

It was a good game overall. I was eager to watch Kim Glass, she came in the 4th set and didn't do that much. Her first play was a wrong receive and she seemed a little bit lost. I'm afraid maybe she won't be chosen for WC but there's a month yet so I hope she can improve till there. It was nice to see Fernanda Garay doing well and I wasn't impressed with Metcalf though I love her.
    I hope today they can play a better game.

• If you take into account that was Garay's first game ever in the NT, and that she never played with Dani before, I think she was amazing. I just wanna see, in case Paula recovers in time for the WC, if the coach is gonna choose Sassá over Fernanda Garay.