Friendly NT Matches

• It's nice to see Kim Glass played in this match,although it's just a short time.She is passionate.But I doubt she is not suitable in this US national team. Hope to watch Garay more.

• Brasil 3 - 2 USA

Set 1

VpIbwSiuUlc

Set 2

-EotI9nlo1g

Set 3

19jBBJ80i7I

Set 4

EKYc_5ykVdw

Set 5

zwABVRIlSWU

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Watching the second friendly between Brasil and the USA on a live online feed and, despite the fact that neither team is using full force, that first match was really good.

So far in this second match the USA is using a team that is not quite up to par and it's showing.

Not a very good game Brasil is making a lot of errors one after the other in the 4th set

Brasil lead 2x1 - 24/26 25/17 25/22

• Brazil 3-2 USA (24-26/25-17/25-22/20-25/15-10)

Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Women's World Championship 2010
    Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's World League 2011
    :super: :thumbsup:

• I didn't like Brazil's team performance so far in these friendly matches. Brazil's service reception is not good at all. To make things worse, the balls Dani Lins sets are not precise and Fabíola is not using the middle-blockers. Natália's reception is still weak and Joycinha needs to improve a lot in defense.

Brazil's team counter-attack is not good at all either. Even when Brazil's defensive blocking works, the counter-attacks fail because the setter cannot reach the ball, counter-attack passing is just terrible.

Garay played much better in the first match in my opinion and overall all the players need to be more regular. The team is having too many ups and downs. Like in the third set, Brazil was leading 16-9 and in the end the score was 25-22. In the fourth set the same thing happened. Brazil was losing 15-5 and had a nice recover 14-16 but eventually lost the set 20-25.

From what I could see both in the WGP and in these friendly matches, I believe USA's starting-six will be: Tom, Hodge, Hooker, Glass, Akinradewo and Tamas. And the libero will be Sykora.

• Do you think he will let Bown out? I'm not really sure of that.

Anyway, Mccutcheon is the best coach so far in the world in my opinion. And for what I'm noticing in these friendly games, he is making everything to study all brasilian possibilities...gets very clear during service, USA make a sequence of services in each player, like he wants to study what Brasil do in every ocasion with that particular player recieving. I'm sure he will take a lot of statistics from these games against Brasil. They are the bests in that. Brasil should look out. Though of course Brasil is taking their conclusions too.

• No reason for Bown not to start. Her performance in WGP says it all. I think that her and Akinradewo could match up the world's best MB combo in Fabiana and Thaisa.

I think we will see this starting line-up come World Championships:

OH - Tom, Larson/Hodge
    MB - Akinradewo, Bown
    Opp - Hooker
    S - Glass
    L - Sykora

Hodge has so far outplayed Larson in their 2 friendly games against Brazil. She is a better hitter but Larson is a better-all around player. I hope Hodge continues to improve on her all-around game so we could see her challenging Larson for that starting spot.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• But I think Hodge is still very bad at reception. I say that by judging her for only a few times - I didn't watch the second friendly game. I would guess McCutcheon would go with Larson, cause her reception is a lot better, and that is a key point for the US success, since they have such talented middle blockers. Besides, I think in this short time til the WC, Larson has a better chance to improve her weak points than Hodge does. I don't know how Kim Glass is doing, 'cause she should be a good reinforcement.

• so you tnik berg would be substitute of glass? i don't think so. Berg's serving skills and sets choice are better :whistle:

• Friendly Match #3 - Brazil 3 x 0 USA (25-20, 25-12, 25-22)

Brazil: Sheilla, Lins, Sassá, Natália, Fabiana, Thaísa and Fabi.

From what I could see, Akinradewo is way better than any other MB of the US team. I really like Bown, but she is a bit overweight and I don't think Tamas is much worse than her. In fact, I believe Tamas is just as good as Bown and she is in a better shape. The other MB, Pauline, is the tallest, but she seems to be the last option of the coach. Her services impressed me. She scored 3 or 4 aces in the second match against Brazil if I'm not mistaken, but in the net, I think she still has a lot to improve.

I believe Larson and Hodge in the US team have the exact same function as Jaqueline/Sassá and Natália/Mári in Brazil's team. Having Larson on court will allow Glass to set the ball to Akinradewo more often when the US team receives the ball. Even so, I believe Hodge is more likely to start the matches, cause her attacks are more effective than Larson's and scoring counter-attack points are the key to winning a volleyball match.

As for the opposite position, I believe Hooker will be a starter, but both Metcalf and Nnamani are great. I liked to see all of them on court. I believe Hooker's athletic condition will give her an advantage.

• I think Paoline is even behind Harmotto. I dont know actually why Harmotto not being used anymore, amybe he just wanted to test Paoline too, she has future, but still have a lot to grow, playing in Novara this seaosn will be really good for her.

Do you have any news about Jaque, is her injury serious?

• Just got back from gym. And I can say that the USA did not play anything from what they know. Maybe it's fatigue.

Jaque played .. So I think the injury it should not be serious ..

• Off-topic: After the following posts of 'joanamss' and 'Celso' were posted here on Inside-volley, practically the same posts appeared on a certain Southamerican volleyball forum(not brasilian) under the name of a member of that forum.There are some small changes but the substance of the posts is the same.So what's that about:somebody having exactly the same thoughts and using the same words as above mentioned members of this forum, or copy-pasting other people's posts:down: If you know spanish you can see yourself:

Anyway, Mccutcheon is the best coach so far in the world in my opinion. And for what I'm noticing in these friendly games, he is making everything to study all brasilian possibilities...gets very clear during service, USA make a sequence of services in each player, like he wants to study what Brasil do in every ocasion with that particular player recieving. I'm sure he will take a lot of statistics from these games against Brasil. They are the bests in that. Brasil should look out. Though of course Brasil is taking their conclusions too.

Sorry for OT but I really don't like this.

• Off-topic: After the following posts of 'joanamss' and 'Celso' were posted here on Inside-volley, practically the same posts appeared on a certain Southamerican volleyball forum(not brasilian) under the name of a member of that forum.There are some small changes but the substance of the posts is the same.So what's that about:somebody having exactly the same thoughts and using the same words as above mentioned members of this forum, or copy-pasting other people's posts:down: If you know spanish you can see yourself:

Sorry for OT but I really don't like this.

:what: :what: :what: :what:

Well, we cant say for sure, maybe ti is just someone that thinks like...but it is really freeky weird indeed!!!!! :huh: I can only say I had never visit that forum, and if you had not put that here, I would die without knowing..hehehehehe, So I really have no idea of who can be this person. And if he is indeed copying, he could at least put, I read something somewhere and I really agree, and then put what he read...but I dont see a reason why someone would copy another person words and put as their own, so I guess better believe it was just a coinsidence? :S

• Just got back from gym. And I can say that the USA did not play anything from what they know. Maybe it's fatigue.

Jaque played .. So I think the injury it should not be serious ..

Thanks ;) I reall hope is nothing serious, she already suffered to much wiht that knee of hers

• :what: :what: :what: :what:

Well, we cant say for sure, maybe ti is just someone that thinks like...but it is really freeky weird indeed!!!!! :huh: I can only say I had never visit that forum, and if you had not put that here, I would die without knowing..hehehehehe, So I really have no idea of who can be this person. And if he is indeed copying, he could at least put, I read something somewhere and I really agree, and then put what he read...but I dont see a reason why someone would copy another person words and put as their own, so I guess better believe it was just a coinsidence? :S

It could be somebody who visits this forum and who wants to make look like he knows more about volleyball than he really does. Or it could be just a coincidence. It's up to you which of these two you will believe :)

• In Brazil there is this saying: "Em terra de cego, quem tem um olho é rei". The translation of it into English is something like: "Among blind people, the one-eyed person is the king". It seems George is trying to be the king of volleyball in this forum! LOL!

• Friendly Match #4 - Brazil 3 x 1 USA (25-22, 25-20, 18-25, 25-20)