Friendly NT Matches

• Are all 25 players mentioned on thread "Polish NT 2012" available?

Then ..which is Poland's probable line-up? Maybe this questions has no sense as both teams will field alternative or mixed squads..

Thank you very much

• As far Poland has got 15 players:

Setters: Skorupa, Wołosz

Opp: Skowrońska, Kaczor, Żebrowska

MB: Okuniewska, Bednarek-Kasza, Gajgał, Martałek

OH: Werblińska, Kosek, Kasprzak, Podolec

L: Zenik, Maj.

Świderek said, that one MB, OH and Libero will leave team before Ankara, so probably Żebrowska is count as a OH.

• So that probably means only 12 players can be selected. I hope Martalek stays. She had a great season, absolutely better than Gajgal at the moment. I also hope Zebrowska stays and Kaczor leaves.

• Russia - Croatia - 3x0 (25:20, 25:23, 25:17)

Extra game: 2x0 (25:14, 25:14)

First game stats:

Russia:
    Gamova 15p
    Kosheleva 11p
    Sokolova 10p
    Perepelkina 10p
    Borisenko 8p
    Startseva 2p
    Kryuchkova (L)

Extra game stats:

Russia:
    Goncharova 12p
    Moroz 8p
    Estes 7p
    Makhno 6p
    Merkulova 5p
    Matienko/Akulova (S)
    Ulanova/Kuzyakina (L)

Croatia (overall):
    Topic 19p
    Milos 13p

Blocks 24x8 Russia

• It seems like Ovchinnikov prefers Kryuchkova over Ulanova in the olympics.

• What is weird is that when the second team of Russia played, the scores of the opponents are 14-14. But with the main team, the scores are 20-23-17.

I think, for the 12 slots in the Olympics, it will be a battle between Makno and Estes, Ulanova and Kryschukova, Akulova and Matienko. The rest are guaranteed.

• What is weird is that when the second team of Russia played, the scores of the opponents are 14-14. But with the main team, the scores are 20-23-17.

I think, for the 12 slots in the Olympics, it will be a battle between Makno and Estes, Ulanova and Kryschukova, Akulova and Matienko. The rest are guaranteed.

agree. Perhaps they shouId play with second team in London (Kidding)

I think Merkulova could also be out. I prefer Moroz over her. I also like Ulanova over Kryuchkova and akulova over Matienko (I'd rather have Babeshina though). However, it's a tough decision between Makhno and Estes. If Estes is in top shape, then my vote goes to her. ^^

• Intresting matchup between Poland and Germany today btw, who do u think is the best team guys? Poland roster looks not bad I think.

Do you know any livestream for that match? :)

From the photos of the match I think Croatia also played with 2nd team in the last two sets, and the difference between 1st and 2nd team of Croatia is much bigger than in Russian team.

• Matthias, what do u think of the power balance between Poland and Germany? I mean not only this game, but also for future tournaments. Germany was much better last year, but before that I remember the battles pretty equal.

• Matthias, what do u think of the power balance between Poland and Germany? I mean not only this game, but also for future tournaments. Germany was much better last year, but before that I remember the battles pretty equal.

It's difficult to say because Poland had so many changes in their team in the last years while German team is basically the same since 2009 except for the return of Grün and the substitutes. German team constantly evolved together in the last years, Poland kind of had to restart from zero every summer. They certainly have great players like Skowronska and Werblinska but we'll have to see how they work out as team. I think at the moment Germany might still be a bit stronger because of the teamwork, but Poland has the potential to return among the top teams in Europe. In general I think many European teams are very close together in their level. Italy and Russia are a little ahead if they are in their best shape, but Serbia, Germany, Turkey and Poland can be very close behind and I hope Dutch team can also return to that group soon.

• and I hope Dutch team can also return to that group soon

Dutch Team is in a 'Generationswechsel' ( I really like that word :P ) or in English: Generation-change.

Visser and Huurman retired, Blom not even in 14-roster anymore, van Tienen 2nd libero..Chaine Staelens, we all know about her chronical physical problems ( I would advice her to retire).

So, it will take a few years before the young players (De Kruijf, Buijs, Sloetjes, Stoltenborg, Schoot, Pietersen) will reach a decent international level.

• It's difficult to say because Poland had so many changes in their team in the last years while German team is basically the same since 2009 except for the return of Grün and the substitutes. German team constantly evolved together in the last years, Poland kind of had to restart from zero every summer. They certainly have great players like Skowronska and Werblinska but we'll have to see how they work out as team. I think at the moment Germany might still be a bit stronger because of the teamwork, but Poland has the potential to return among the top teams in Europe. In general I think many European teams are very close together in their level. Italy and Russia are a little ahead if they are in their best shape, but Serbia, Germany, Turkey and Poland can be very close behind and I hope Dutch team can also return to that group soon.

Thank u for answer, will be intresting to watch today at least :)

I agree with u that its many teams that is on a pretty equal level, one team I would like too add for the future is Belgium, a team I think can be big in the future. They have many young players, like Jolien Wittock, Helene Rosseaux, Lise Van Hecke, Coppens, Cianci that is around 18-22, and then especially Celine Van Gestel, that is only 15 yrs. old but maybe already one of the best juniors in the world. Her talent is incredible I think. I recommend u to watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0H7xtMC9hs , I would like to hear what u say about her :)