Friendly NT Matches

• B-teams or A-teams - it is always better to win, than to lose, especially against Russia. Anyway, as I said before, I don't treat those game too serious.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Italy will play a friendly match with the Germany on 27 July.

• Russia - Poland 3:2 (23:25, 25:21, 25:16, 20:25, 15:12)

Russia: Sheshenina, Gamova, Borodakova, Alimova, Artamonova, Sokolova, Kabeshova (libero) + Fateeva, Akulova
    Poland: Sadurek, Skowrońska-Dolata, Liktoras, Bednarek, Glinka-Mogentale, Podolec, Zenik (libero) + Gajgał, Barańska, Skorupa

It isn't bad result for Polish team.:roll: I suppose this is our olympic starting six. Podolec :!: :win: :olympia:

• yeah the result itself is alright.
    5 setters as training are really important, so luckily they played such a match.(unfo they lost, cos that would have boost their confidence maybe)

anyway, eventhough its just a friendly, the typical polish syndrom: Sleeping during one set, in this case set 3. I hope they can turn this off at the OGs

• Poland: Sadurek, Skowrońska-Dolata, Liktoras, Bednarek, Glinka-Mogentale, Podolec, Zenik (libero)

It isn't bad result for Polish team.:roll: I suppose this is our olympic starting six. Podolec :!: :win: :olympia:

Yes, I think exactly the same however Podolec or Baranska will be in starting six in different matches !

• Good. Only one game against Russia was bad. Girls should believe in their own possibliities and skills more now.

The most important 3:

• Well I hope they can play a little bit better at OGs and then it will have a happy end... :dance6:

To a beloved person:
    Eine Sonne ist untergegangen - ihr Schein bleibt uns noch lange erhalten.
    Wenn die Liebe einen Weg zum Himmel fände und Erinnerungen zu Stufen würden, dann würde ich hinaufsteigen und dich zurückholen.
    I will never forget you...

• In the European Qualification Tournament for the OG the match between Russia and Poland was also decided in the tie-breaker. It seems it will take a 5-set match to decide who will be the winner of the Russia-Poland clash in the OG. It was nice to know that both teams are playing with their full power.

• The result is quite disappointing for me who is a die-hard Russia fan. I mean Poland is not really on same level as Italy, Brazil and China. Yet, it has to play a five-setter game to defeat Poland, similar to what happened in the Olympic Qualification. What has happened to the months after the Olympic Qualification? Where are the fruits of the training? What has happened to the entry of Artamonova? I hope I am wrong but I cannot help but think that Russia will not be a tough team in the Olympics. I just hope that the players just lost their concentration during the game. But this is also what happened in the Olympic Qualification. Did they lose their concentration in such an important game? The truth for me now is, nothing can justify the five-setter game but the fact that Poland and Russia seem to be really on the same level and sad to say, that level is lower than the level of Brazil, China and Italy.

I hope Russia can pull off some surprises. To the Russia players, please prove to me that I am wrong.

• What has happened to the months after the Olympic Qualification? Where are the fruits of the training?

Maybe fruits of Polish training are just jucier :P

The most important 3:

• Well...I'm sure that Polish girls don't afraid of Russian. Usually we play very good against Russia. In fact RUS don't have much better players than POL. I use mathematical signs : >, <, = to compare our players :P

Artamonova > Podolec (Artamonova better than Podolec)
    Sokolova = Glinka :S
    Merkulova/Alimova = Bednarek/Liktoras
    Gamova > Skowrońska
    Kabeshova < Zenik 8)
    Sheshenina < Sadurek 8)

• I would even make one thing different
    Merkulova/Alimova < Liktoras/Bednarek..... the polish ones are just faster :whistle: eventhough smaller but they still can block well

I agree, Merkulova needs some more polishing. Speed is also her problem. Alimova i think is more quicker but less powerful. Bednarek and Liktoras are better than the two in both blocking and attacking. I hope Bednarek will continue to improve as a player. And I think it would do her good to smile a lot. :cheesy:

• i would also change one thing:

sokolova > glinka.

especially in reception.

but i agree that polish MBs are way way way way better than the russians. considering how tall merkulova and the other MBs of russia, it's almost funny why they can't block well. i get it, they're slower but even if they just raise there hands, it's good enough as a block.

• I hope Bednarek will continue to improve as a player. And I think it would do her good to smile a lot. :cheesy:

yeah! she played so nicely in the past weeks, but never a smile on her face... I bet she would have a lot more fans by now if we could see her smile a bit more often, like Kasia or so :)

russia2008,
    I wouldnt say that Poland has a so much different level than Italy, China and so on.
    The team has great ambitions, the problem is the head and not the playing possibilities. Remember the Grand Prix last year, Poland proved that it can win against the big teams.
    And i think they can win against big teams this year again, cos it seemes that they had a good preparation.
    Dont overrate this years GP :teach:

• I think the Polish Team isn't that bad. I think the team can beat the others (China, Brazil, Italy and Russia) on any good day. Also, I think the Russians won't show their true form until the OG so I can't really say that the Russians have become weak. I just hope that the Russians will combine their high ball attacks with quick plays from Alimova and Killic. I think it will confuse their opponents compared to their predictable high ball sets.

The result is quite disappointing for me who is a die-hard Russia fan. I mean Poland is not really on same level as Italy, Brazil and China. Yet, it has to play a five-setter game to defeat Poland, similar to what happened in the Olympic Qualification. What has happened to the months after the Olympic Qualification? Where are the fruits of the training? What has happened to the entry of Artamonova? I hope I am wrong but I cannot help but think that Russia will not be a tough team in the Olympics. I just hope that the players just lost their concentration during the game. But this is also what happened in the Olympic Qualification. Did they lose their concentration in such an important game? The truth for me now is, nothing can justify the five-setter game but the fact that Poland and Russia seem to be really on the same level and sad to say, that level is lower than the level of Brazil, China and Italy.

I hope Russia can pull off some surprises. To the Russia players, please prove to me that I am wrong.

• russia2008,
    I wouldnt say that Poland has a so much different level than Italy, China and so on.

Yes, especially China. They will be very dangerous, bacause they play at home. But in my opinion China were better four years ago, and this time they won't win gold medal.

The most important 3:

• Yes, especially China. They will be very dangerous, bacause they play at home. But in my opinion China were better four years ago, and this time they won't win gold medal.

Sadly, i have to agree with this one. China was way better 4 years ago (with Zhang Ping, etc). It will be difficult for them to defend the title (Bra, Rus, Ita, US, Poland, Serbia) as opponents are really good this time.

About The Polish Natl Team..well I trust that this team can make upset this OG. Seriously..with Glinka, Skowronska, Liktoras, Bednarek leading the team...im pretty sure about that...I just hope for an injury-free team..Oh God i hope nobody in all of the teams will be injured..It will be quite interesting to see their full-force in Beijing!

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Yes, especially China. They will be very dangerous, bacause they play at home. But in my opinion China were better four years ago, and this time they won't win gold medal

I have a similar observation with Konrad. Four years before, there reception wasn't as bad as it is now. Also, their speed and quickness that confounded the Russians is also gone. Zhao Ruirui has come back but I think she was better before too. :S

I really hope Russia will find a way to win the Gold :olympia: , and i'll use the olympic smiley for that...