You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

bibetron

Lurker

• "bibetron" is male

Favourite Team: Russia NT

Favourite Players: Gamova, Sokolova, Artamonova, Tishchenko, Kosheleva, Goncharova, Saori, Tom, Grün

Sunday, April 29th 2012, 4:47pm

Ovchinnikov may have Russia's best players at his disposal but if they are like this, it may just as well be a repeat of 2008 beijing tragedy. I hope they could rise above the situation. Really sad to hear about this :(

Bartek

Jesus I Trust In You

• "Bartek" is male

Favourite Team: Уралочка НТМК Екатеринбург

Sunday, April 29th 2012, 6:14pm

I dont want to say too much, and this is no official news, but I heard that the mood in the Russian NT isnt good right now, and Makhno wanted to go from there. She was very angry and also deleted her account at Facebook yesterday.
:rolll:

So maybe She was Vaio. First deleted profile here then Facebook.
Prediction Game:

Gold Medals - 14

Silver Medals - 12

Bronze Medals - 9

Overall: 35

Details

Raven

Professional

• "Raven" is male

Favourite Team: Rote Raben

Favourite Players: Lenka Dürr

Sunday, April 29th 2012, 7:17pm

Does anybody have a link to the replay of the match between Germany and Poland?

• "filedefener" is male

Favourite Team: Fenerbahçe, Germany NT, Dutch NT, Belgium NT, USA NT

Sunday, April 29th 2012, 7:22pm

The 4th set score 31-29 for Turkey ! The total score 4-0 for Turkey.. It was nice to win with 2nd team.. :drink: Can't wait to 2nd May :super:

what is the Dutch rosters?

classic starting 6. I was not able to watch to extra set, I do not know what is happened there, probably in the extra set the both teams played with 2nd team.
"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

pao13

Professional

• "pao13" is male

Favourite Team: CANNES,TRENTO,LATINA

Favourite Players: Agamez, Samica,Djuric,Berezhko,Conte,De Cecco.,Montano,Katic,Ravva, Fernandez Marisa,Akinradewo

Sunday, April 29th 2012, 7:43pm

:white: That's hard...I wonder what's behind all that, it can't be just the Moscow vs Kazan rivalry. Maybe the team could use a coach like Karpol who isn't afraid of throwing players out when they harm the team even if they perform well.

Yeah, maybe, but if u choose that system, and for ex. Goncha and Gamova is in a fight, it will not be Gamova that leaves. Because of Gamovas huge popularity, its to say "Hey, I want to get kicked out tomorrow", so its a problem that Gamova feels she can do whatever she wants. Only a extremly successfull coach like Karpol or coach that have been a starplayer before, have the authority to do that kind of stuff. Ovechnikov have been widely critisied in media for that he have to less authority and that players like Gamova and Sokolova maybe will not respect him.
I totally agree.

Monday, April 30th 2012, 4:22am

I really hope this is not true. Maybe Makhno was just sad because she will not be part of the top 12 or maybe because she has an injury, as written in sb-volley. ru site.

Favourite Team: Foppapedretti Bergamo Marmi Lanza Verona

Favourite Players: Lo Bianco Piccinini Cardullo Ortolani

Monday, April 30th 2012, 10:14am

:white: That's hard...I wonder what's behind all that, it can't be just the Moscow vs Kazan rivalry. Maybe the team could use a coach like Karpol who isn't afraid of throwing players out when they harm the team even if they perform well.

I agree, that is sad to hear...I thought that as they were top professional player all this could be avoided! this could influence a lot their performance, for sure!

Anton1989

Unregistered

Monday, April 30th 2012, 1:44pm

I really hope this is not true. Maybe Makhno was just sad because she will not be part of the top 12 or maybe because she has an injury, as written in sb-volley. ru site.

It is true.

Joana

Professional

Monday, April 30th 2012, 1:56pm

Who knows, perhaps Russia can still rise above the occasion. Maybe they can channel all the negative energy in the right direction, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.
Yugoslavian team that won gold in Sydney was the same, with half of the players not talking to each other at all.

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Monday, April 30th 2012, 2:00pm

I hope so too but it will be hard. Maybe one reason is that for example Sokolova and Gamova just think "I want to win Olympic gold medal" but they forget that the whole team is necessary for that. The quality of Russia's players is definitely good enough to win Ankara tournament but motivation is important too...

DEMIR17

Professional

Favourite Team: Turkey, Cuba and Japan NT, Vakıfbank GSTT.,Eczacıbaşı V.,Fenerbahçe A.,Volley Novara,Foppa. Bergamo, RC Cannes

Favourite Players: Neslihan Darnel, Maja Poljak, Logan Tom, Manon Flier, Esra Gümüş, Eda Erdem, Naz Aydemir, Saori, Lo Bianco, Carcaces, Osmokrovic, Furst, Kim Y. Koung

Monday, April 30th 2012, 11:56pm

What is the second European team going to the world olympic qualification in Japan besides Serbia? Russia or Germany?
"If it's worth it to you, then do it"- Logan Tom

pol

Professional

• "pol" is male

Favourite Team: Poland, Kazakhstan, Peru, Croatia

Favourite Players: Masza Liktoras !! Danielle Scott

Tuesday, May 1st 2012, 12:01am

What is the second European team going to the world olympic qualification in Japan besides Serbia? Russia or Germany?
Russia :)

DEMIR17

Professional

Favourite Team: Turkey, Cuba and Japan NT, Vakıfbank GSTT.,Eczacıbaşı V.,Fenerbahçe A.,Volley Novara,Foppa. Bergamo, RC Cannes

Favourite Players: Neslihan Darnel, Maja Poljak, Logan Tom, Manon Flier, Esra Gümüş, Eda Erdem, Naz Aydemir, Saori, Lo Bianco, Carcaces, Osmokrovic, Furst, Kim Y. Koung

Tuesday, May 1st 2012, 12:03am

Russia :)

Thanks
"If it's worth it to you, then do it"- Logan Tom

MattGTFour

Apparently not the only English guy

• "MattGTFour" is male

Tuesday, May 1st 2012, 8:24pm

Great Britain hosting Peru in Sheffield tonight :drink:

First set to Peru 25-17

Second set to GB 25-23

Third set to GB 32-30

Fourth set to Peru 25-16

Decider to GB 15-11!!!
:dance4: :woohoo:
Number Cruncher Sports - http://www.twitter.com/ncspo

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "MattGTFour" (May 1st 2012, 10:19pm)

joanamss

Volleyball Lover!

• "joanamss" is female

Favourite Team: FOPPA (Italy), Rexona-Ades (Brazil), Dresden (Germany) NT: Italy, Holland, Germany, Serbia, USA (women); Brazil, USA and Poland (men)

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Piccinini, Fürst, Pavan, Merlo, Barazza, Kozuch, Klineman, Flier, Brakocevic, Robinson, Mihajlovic, Vasileva, Plak, Fiorin, Rahimova, Havelkova, Thompson, Apitz, Kreklow, Amanda

Wednesday, May 2nd 2012, 5:43am

First set to Peru 25-17

Second set to GB 25-23

Third set to GB 32-30

Fourth set to Peru 25-16

Decider to GB 15-11!!!

Wow! Congrats Matt!!! :)

Do u have more info about it? Or a photo maybe, Id like to put that in my blog! ^^
"Forza Foppa ale
sempre insieme a te
e dovunque andrai
sola mai sarai
Non mollare mai …
Non mollare mai …"

MattGTFour

• "MattGTFour" is male

Thursday, May 3rd 2012, 6:32pm

First set to Peru 25-17

Second set to GB 25-23

Third set to GB 32-30

Fourth set to Peru 25-16

Decider to GB 15-11!!!

Do u have more info about it? Or a photo maybe, Id like to put that in my blog! ^^

Didn't take any photos, too bad since I was in a great spot :aww: But there is a report at: http://www.britishvolleyball.org/News.php?articleId=447

They play again tonight although I won't be there.

MiguelNR

Intermediate

• "MiguelNR" is male

Favourite Team: Peru, Russia, USA, Japan, Brazil, Germany, Serbia, Turkey, Poland.

Favourite Players: Leyva, Tom, Sheilla, Thaisa, Gamova, Ebata, Takeshita, Kosheleva, Sokolova, Kim, Zhu, Harmotto, Gibbemeyer, Nagaoka, Mihajlovic, Brakocevic.

Monday, May 7th 2012, 1:43am

First set to Peru 25-17

Second set to GB 25-23

Third set to GB 32-30

Fourth set to Peru 25-16

Decider to GB 15-11!!!

Didn't take any photos, too bad since I was in a great spot :aww: But there is a report at: http://www.britishvolleyball.org/News.php?articleId=447

They play again tonight although I won't be there.

I found this pics

The last match, Peru won 3-0 25-21, 25-15, 25-15

On Wednesday, starts South-American Olympic Qualification tournament

Winrip

Best Spiker

• "Winrip" is male

Favourite Team: Fener, ECV, Atom, Kazan, Turkey, Japan, Brazil, Uralochka, Unilever

Favourite Players: Saori, Neslihan, Poljak, Skowronska, Gamova, Lo Bianco, Sheilla, Natalia Perreria, Ebata, Werblinska, Leonardi, Mari

Monday, May 7th 2012, 11:52am

First set to Peru 25-17

Second set to GB 25-23

Third set to GB 32-30

Fourth set to Peru 25-16

Decider to GB 15-11!!!

Congratz Matt :win: :thumbup:

MattGTFour

• "MattGTFour" is male

Sunday, May 13th 2012, 12:11pm

Congratz Matt

Haha thanks :thumbsup: Actually in the fourth pic that Miguel posted, I was sitting right behind where the Peru flag is (but must have stepped away for a cup of tea when it was taken) :lol:

Winrip

Best Spiker

• "Winrip" is male

Favourite Team: Fener, ECV, Atom, Kazan, Turkey, Japan, Brazil, Uralochka, Unilever

Favourite Players: Saori, Neslihan, Poljak, Skowronska, Gamova, Lo Bianco, Sheilla, Natalia Perreria, Ebata, Werblinska, Leonardi, Mari

Sunday, May 13th 2012, 5:33pm

Congratz Matt

Haha thanks :thumbsup: Actually in the fourth pic that Miguel posted, I was sitting right behind where the Peru flag is (but must have stepped away for a cup of tea when it was taken) :lol:

i hope UK-France-Spain will improve their volleyball, its not enjoyable without them :( also there is no basketball in UK, only football :lol: :lol: :lol:

Social bookmarks