Friendly NT Matches

• Ovchinnikov may have Russia's best players at his disposal but if they are like this, it may just as well be a repeat of 2008 beijing tragedy. I hope they could rise above the situation. Really sad to hear about this :(

• I dont want to say too much, and this is no official news, but I heard that the mood in the Russian NT isnt good right now, and Makhno wanted to go from there. She was very angry and also deleted her account at Facebook yesterday.

:rolll:

So maybe She was Vaio. First deleted profile here then Facebook.

• what is the Dutch rosters?

classic starting 6. I was not able to watch to extra set, I do not know what is happened there, probably in the extra set the both teams played with 2nd team.

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Yeah, maybe, but if u choose that system, and for ex. Goncha and Gamova is in a fight, it will not be Gamova that leaves. Because of Gamovas huge popularity, its to say "Hey, I want to get kicked out tomorrow", so its a problem that Gamova feels she can do whatever she wants. Only a extremly successfull coach like Karpol or coach that have been a starplayer before, have the authority to do that kind of stuff. Ovechnikov have been widely critisied in media for that he have to less authority and that players like Gamova and Sokolova maybe will not respect him.

I totally agree.

• :white: That's hard...I wonder what's behind all that, it can't be just the Moscow vs Kazan rivalry. Maybe the team could use a coach like Karpol who isn't afraid of throwing players out when they harm the team even if they perform well.

I agree, that is sad to hear...I thought that as they were top professional player all this could be avoided! this could influence a lot their performance, for sure!

• Who knows, perhaps Russia can still rise above the occasion. Maybe they can channel all the negative energy in the right direction, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.
    Yugoslavian team that won gold in Sydney was the same, with half of the players not talking to each other at all.

• I hope so too but it will be hard. Maybe one reason is that for example Sokolova and Gamova just think "I want to win Olympic gold medal" but they forget that the whole team is necessary for that. The quality of Russia's players is definitely good enough to win Ankara tournament but motivation is important too...

• What is the second European team going to the world olympic qualification in Japan besides Serbia? Russia or Germany?

• Russia :)

Thanks

• Great Britain hosting Peru in Sheffield tonight :drink:

First set to Peru 25-17

Second set to GB 25-23

Third set to GB 32-30

Fourth set to Peru 25-16

Decider to GB 15-11!!!
    :dance4: :woohoo:

• Wow! Congrats Matt!!! :)

Do u have more info about it? Or a photo maybe, Id like to put that in my blog! ^^

• Wow! Congrats Matt!!! :)

Do u have more info about it? Or a photo maybe, Id like to put that in my blog! ^^

Didn't take any photos, too bad since I was in a great spot :aww: But there is a report at: http://www.britishvolleyball.org/News.php?articleId=447

They play again tonight although I won't be there.

• Didn't take any photos, too bad since I was in a great spot :aww: But there is a report at: http://www.britishvolleyball.org/News.php?articleId=447

They play again tonight although I won't be there.

I found this pics

The last match, Peru won 3-0 25-21, 25-15, 25-15

On Wednesday, starts South-American Olympic Qualification tournament

• Congratz Matt :win: :thumbup:

• Haha thanks :thumbsup: Actually in the fourth pic that Miguel posted, I was sitting right behind where the Peru flag is (but must have stepped away for a cup of tea when it was taken) :lol:

i hope UK-France-Spain will improve their volleyball, its not enjoyable without them :( also there is no basketball in UK, only football :lol: :lol: :lol: