Friendly NT Matches

• Yes, especially China. They will be very dangerous, bacause they play at home. But in my opinion China were better four years ago, and this time they won't win gold medal.

yes. reception during athens was just really on point. yang hao was spiking at high efficiecy, zhao ruirui was also really a big offensive threat, and feng kun hits as hard as any hitter from other countries plus she blocks unbelievably (8 blocks against china in the RUS-CHN final)

but i think the home court advantage could make china perform better than what we people expect.

• yes. reception during athens was just really on point. yang hao was spiking at high efficiecy, zhao ruirui was also really a big offensive threat, and feng kun hits as hard as any hitter from other countries plus she blocks unbelievably (8 blocks against china in the RUS-CHN final)

but i think the home court advantage could make china perform better than what we people expect.

I don't think that is the case. They played before their fans in the preliminary round of the Grand Prix and they lost. Last year the final round of the WGP was in China and even so they lost. I think the other way round... all of China's opponents are used to play in China with the whole audience against them. The support of the Chinese fans won't affect China's opponents that much. The vast majority of teams is already used to that.

• As for the Polish team, I strongly believe they have a good team and they are capable of beating any team in the world. But I don't know how to explain the excessive number of ups and downs in their performance. Their best results so far were the title of the European Championship in 2003 and 2005 and reaching the final round of the WGP in 2007. The Polish girls seem to play much better against European Teams than against American or Asian Teams. After Bonitta's arrival, the Polish Team improved a lot, but they have a lot to improve yet, especially against non-european teams.

If they were lucky enough to face only European teams in the Quarterfinals, Semifinal and FInal Matches of the OG they can even win the Gold Medal. For example, if they play against Serbia, Russia and Italy in the quarterfinals, semifinal and final match. Against other teams like USA, China, Brazil and Cuba, I think they have no chance at all.

• As for the Polish team, I strongly believe they have a good team and they are capable of beating any team in the world. But I don't know how to explain the excessive number of ups and downs in their performance. Their best results so far were the title of the European Championship in 2003 and 2005 and reaching the final round of the WGP in 2007. The Polish girls seem to play much better against European Teams than against American or Asian Teams. After Bonitta's arrival, the Polish Team improved a lot, but they have a lot to improve yet, especially against non-european teams.

If they were lucky enough to face only European teams in the Quarterfinals, Semifinal and FInal Matches of the OG they can even win the Gold Medal. For example, if they play against Serbia, Russia and Italy in the quarterfinals, semifinal and final match. Against other teams like USA, China, Brazil and Cuba, I think they have no chance at all.

Celso I agree with you. It would be better for us to play against European team in quaterfinal. I think USA is a good opponent for us too because they play more "European" volleyball than Brazil, Cuba or China. Remember that we won EC 2003 and 2005 when Andrzej Niemczyk was a coach. He was able to prepare a team to main tournament of the year excellent. But in Grand Prix or World Cup we didn't play well. Bonitta's team plays on high level in each tournament, but our team was only 4th on EC 2007. I hope in Beijing our girls will do their best as well as at European Champinships 2005 when we played very, very good.

• I believe that we're the team, we are able to achieve success on OG. Girls will do everything, Meggie will do the best she can to win - for Agata Mróz...

• Wow. I agreee very much to Celso...If Poland faces a European team in the quarterfinals..they will most likely prosper..But if they faces China, Cuba, USA or Brazil...it will be very difficult.

@ POL, i kinda agree that the US plays European Volleyball but I think they are more of a fast team now...Asian style...credit goes to JLP.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• @ POL, i kinda agree that the US plays European Volleyball but I think they are more of a fast team now...Asian style...credit goes to JLP.

Well...In fact USA has Chinese coach so... ;) That's why their style is more Asian now :P

• ^ ^ ^ i think USA's offense is still too slow to say that it plays like the asian teams. in fact, i think italy and brazil's offense are much faster. brazil's sets to the outside and really fast. jacqueline often does not hit too well when the ball is set too high.

• Well...In fact USA has Chinese coach so... ;) That's why their style is more Asian now :P

POL, thats why i said "credit goes to JLP"..Jenny Lang Ping. :whistle: :roll:

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• I believe the most asianish part of the US team game is their defense. Sykora is a superb libero and it all started before Jenny Lang Ping's arrival. I believe the US Team coach was Toshi Yoshida when the US team defense started to amaze me. Haneef's attack don't remind at all of the Asian style of playing. Other teams under an Asian coach's command played in a more asianish way... Peru in the 80's is a case in point of that, besides the great defense, they also had quick and varied attacks. The German team, on the other hand, played very differently from any Asian Team, even having been coached by an Korean coach some time ago.

• ^ ^ i don't think sykora is that great as a libero. she's good but not that great.

• :roll: I hope nobody forgets about Sykora being the Best Digger in Athens. :roll:

She's been away for 3 years but she's now back. I know Stacy will come out strong in Beijing especially with her personality.

Edited once, last by jist ().

• Yes, i agree that Sykora was great during Athens and even before that. I hope she regains that form because she is a little bit off nowadays. But her personality is just great. She brings fire to the team. She reminds me of Lena... :lol:

Maybe she is the Libero version of Lena...

• I am not liking sykora.I think one good player isn't.

• how many games was the russia-poland friendly games? what was the standing?

• Friendly tournament in Serbia

RUS vs POL 3:2 (28:26, 20:25, 25:27, 25:22, 15:13)

Lost tie-break. Again. :aww:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Friendly match in Alassio:

Italia - Germania 1-3
    (18-25, 24-26 25-20 18-25)
    ITALIA: Centoni 12, Piccinini 6, Gioli 15, Lo Bianco 2, Secolo 9, Barazza 9. Libero: Cardullo. Ferretti, Ortolani 1, Croce, Guiggi, Aguero 6. All. Barbolini.
    GERMANIA: Beier 13, Fürst 12, Hippe 16, Kozuch 19, Radzuweit 12, Weiss. Libero: Dürr, Ross 4, Matthes, Hanke. N.e. Brinker, Ssuschke. All. Guidetti.

• Friendly tournament in Serbia

RUS vs POL 3:2 (28:26, 20:25, 25:27, 25:22, 15:13)

Damn this is so bad, they lost so many tiebreyks so now it's time to win !!!!

To a beloved person:
    Eine Sonne ist untergegangen - ihr Schein bleibt uns noch lange erhalten.
    Wenn die Liebe einen Weg zum Himmel fände und Erinnerungen zu Stufen würden, dann würde ich hinaufsteigen und dich zurückholen.
    I will never forget you...