Friendly NT Matches

• She also received when she was in Perugia, she really liked to play in backrow and yes, she was pretty good at it too...who knows, maybe there are more reception geniuses as MBs who cannot show their skills because they must go out for libero ;) Others I know are Sedova-Morozova, Konstantinova, Leggeri also used to be a good receiver when she was allowed to...

Other interesting recent receiving MBs were Liu Yanan, Nancy Carrillo, Zoila Barroz, Eda Erdem, Victoria Ravva, Kinga Maculewicz, Jelena Lozancic, Inessa Korkmaz, Yelena Parkhomenko, Natalia Alimova, Elena Butnaru. Are there others? Because it's seems this system was abandoned by most teams, while still present in the 2006-2008 period for the NTs of China, Russia, Azerbaijan, France, Cuba, Romania and some clubs

• ITALIA-TURCHIA 3-2 (28-26, 15-25, 25-20, 22-25, 15-8)
    ITALIA: Arrighetti 2, C. Bosetti 5, Gioli 17, Costagrande 24, Rondon 2, Del Core 11; Croce (L), L. Bosetti 10, Barazza 4, Piccinini 3. Non entrate: Cardullo, Lo Bianco. All. Barbolini.
    TURCHIA: Sansirma 14, Avci 16, Uslupehlivan 14, Aydemir 11, Gumus 14, Erdem 14; Kayalar (L), Gurensen (L), Guldeniz 1, Cemberci 1. Non entrate: Toksoy, Darnel. All. Motta
    ARBITRI: Goitre e Braico.
    NOTE Spettatori 1200. Durata set: 31′, 25′, 26′, 30′, 14′; totale 126′. Italia: battute sbagliate 10, vincenti 1, muri 15, 2a linea 9, errori 20; Turchia: b.s. 10, v. 10, m. 10, 2a 11, e. 28.

• ITALIA-TURCHIA 3-2 (28-26, 15-25, 25-20, 22-25, 15-8)
    ITALIA: Arrighetti 2, C. Bosetti 5, Gioli 17, Costagrande 24, Rondon 2, Del Core 11; Croce (L), L. Bosetti 10, Barazza 4, Piccinini 3. Non entrate: Cardullo, Lo Bianco. All. Barbolini.
    TURCHIA: Sansirma 14, Avci 16, Uslupehlivan 14, Aydemir 11, Gumus 14, Erdem 14; Kayalar (L), Gurensen (L), Guldeniz 1, Cemberci 1. Non entrate: Toksoy, Darnel. All. Motta
    ARBITRI: Goitre e Braico.
    NOTE Spettatori 1200. Durata set: 31′, 25′, 26′, 30′, 14′; totale 126′. Italia: battute sbagliate 10, vincenti 1, muri 15, 2a linea 9, errori 20; Turchia: b.s. 10, v. 10, m. 10, 2a 11, e. 28.

Our setter Naz is getting day by day better :super:

• Dont forget the disappointing perfomance from USA last night against Bulgaria, they lost two sets against a team Turkey always beat 3x0, so they might be without chances against Turkey too...because its impossible this friendly games dont tell the truth right?

They haven't played Bulgaria for a long time and were not familiar with their game.. Also I think the fact that it was a friendly match made them not play at their highest level.. We'll see in the following matches..

• They haven't played Bulgaria for a long time and were not familiar with their game.. Also I think the fact that it was a friendly match made them not play at their highest level.. We'll see in the following matches..

I know, what I said was sarcastic, I mean that the results says all but nothing ;)

• Maybe the new Yanelis Santos? :lol: ;)

Hehe why not :lol: but Naz can't spike like santos. She only can block good except setting, i like her style :rose:

• well Naz can spike quite good, too. I don't know her latest level, and probably its not as good as before it used to be but in junior level she was really good :thumbup:

btw Büşra Cansu is also a MB that can recieve :)

ohh btw Ergül was the best scorer for Turkey. Italy is a country with good defence. That shows Motta gave the right decision by choosing Ergül :win:

• Dont forget the disappointing perfomance from USA last night against Bulgaria, they lost two sets against a team Turkey always beat 3x0, so they might be without chances against Turkey too...because its impossible this friendly games dont tell the truth right? :lol:

I bet you wish that these results mean nothing Anton :roll: However, bad news; it does! Especially, if you beat a full roster Russia by lacking two main spikers, namely, Neriman and Neslihan 8) Since we didn't watch the matches we don't have that much to comment yet it was obvious even in Yeltsin Cup that neither Russia nor Italy are playing well. In addition to this, last Grand Prix finals show that Turkey is playing better and better, and also is capable to beat any team in the world (again except USA, even I would be surprised if we would beat them). It is sad to see that you are still blinkered towards Turkish team, anyway I can wait 2 more weeks to wake you up from this stubborn mood :box:

By the way, any info about Leo's current health situation?

• Other interesting recent receiving MBs were Liu Yanan, Nancy Carrillo, Zoila Barroz, Eda Erdem, Victoria Ravva, Kinga Maculewicz, Jelena Lozancic, Inessa Korkmaz, Yelena Parkhomenko, Natalia Alimova, Elena Butnaru. Are there others? Because it's seems this system was abandoned by most teams, while still present in the 2006-2008 period for the NTs of China, Russia, Azerbaijan, France, Cuba, Romania and some clubs

Eda has never played as receiving MB although she played as OH for sometimes, but not in a system as you said Maybe you are confused with Büşra Cansu since she played as OH in youth and junior level. :whistle: Or Çiğdem Can Rasna who was totally a receiving MB ;)

I am really glad to see Ergül show good performance since I was the only one who claims that she deserves to be in OG roster and now I think Motta will play with Ergül as starter instead of Bahar 8)

• Hehe only thing I said now was that we should not take the friendly games 2 serious, and its a obvious fact for most of ous, and then you comes with stuff like I have bad intentions to Turkey because of that :lol: its not true and all I can say is :wavy:

• Maybe the new Yanelis Santos? :lol: ;)

I don't know you write this because you know it before, but just to remind Naz has already played as hitter/setter just like Santos in her youth level when they play final at world youth championship and it works pretty much well. On the other hand, when they change the system and made Polen as normal Opp they got 7th position although most of powerful teams refuse to play in championship due to influenza in Mexico. (just to give a clue: Naz didn't play in that tournament :lol: )

• Eda never played as receiving MB although she played as OH for sometimes, but not in a system as you said Maybe you are confused with Büşra Cansu since she played as OH in youth and junior level. :whistle:

I am really glad to see Ergül show good performance since I was the only one who claims that she deserves to be in OG roster and now I think Motta will play with Ergül as starter instead of Bahar 8)

You are wrong coz Eda played as reciever MB in Fenerbahce one season.Fenerbahce had 4 foreign players one season and there was 3 players limit in field. (Parkhomenko,Korotenko,Spasojevic and 4th one must be Glass or Tumas) and to keep Korotenko in field Fener's foreign OH's changed always with Korotenko and both Cigdem Can and Eda recieved at those rotations.Cigdem Can Rasna is also a reciever MB :win:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Oh.. I got you now :lol:

I’ll be surprise if Turkey could win a game against US. I
    mean stars have to be aligning perfectly for that to happen. Turkey needs a
    very good MB beside Eda, currently they have Bahar (who is emotionally not very
    though) or Ergun (who is very slow) If they could get another good MB then they
    will got some chances. However beside US, and to a degree of against Brazil
    (they could win against Brazil if they are in their day), they got a very good
    chance of beating any other team in the world.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

• You are wrong coz Eda played as reciever MB in Fenerbahce one season.Fenerbahce had 4 foreign players one season and there was 3 players limit in field. (Parkhomenko,Korotenko,Spasojevic and 4th one must be Glass or Tumas) and to keep Korotenko in field Fener's foreign OH's changed always with Korotenko and both Cigdem Can and Eda recieved at those rotations.Cigdem Can Rasna is also a reciever MB :win:

You are wrong indeed, the case was correct for Çiğdem but not for Eda. Maybe she has just occasionally received a few balls but not a system depending on her to receive like Walewska in Perugia for example ;)

• You are wrong indeed, the case was correct for Çiğdem but not for Eda. Maybe she has just occasionally received a few balls but not a system depending on her to receive like Walewska in Perugia for example ;)

Maybe I'm wrong but I remember that Eda received very often then... Maybe not always but there was some matches when she was regular receiver playing as a MB.

I've found some stats:
    http://www.tvf.org.tr/istatistik/pdf/old/fb-gs1.pdf
    http://www.tvf.org.tr/istatistik/pdf/old/gb-ereglii.pdf
    [url]http://www.tvf.org.tr/istatistik/pdf/old/FB_-ECZZ.pdf[/url]