Friendly NT Matches

• Maybe I'm wrong but I remember that Eda received very often then... Maybe not always but there was some matches when she was regular receiver playing as a MB.

I've found some stats:
    http://www.tvf.org.tr/istatistik/pdf/old/fb-gs1.pdf
    http://www.tvf.org.tr/istatistik/pdf/old/gb-ereglii.pdf
    [url]http://www.tvf.org.tr/istatistik/pdf/old/FB_-ECZZ.pdf[/url]

I might be wrong sorry ;)

• I can not believe that Bulgaria took 2 sets from USA

You must be more faithfull, my friend. After all, Bulgaria have always been a power in volleyball and for me it was only a matter of time (and matter of Marcello too :lol: ) this team to make some success. This team is a combination of experienced players and young ones that have finished 4th at the world junior champ. in Mexico. However, this is only a friendly and maybe in oficiall game USA wont give us a single set, maybe ;)
    ps - any broadcast for the next game? ?(

Радо Стойчев каза: Мизия, Тракия, Македония! Западните покрайнини - завинаги български!

• One thing that might have helped Bulgaria is that their coach has been Lindsey Berg's club team coach in the last seasons, so he could prepare the team very well to her playing style...and who knows, with a better OH than Karakasheva Bulgaria could have won the match. Another sign that Europe gets more and more top teams :thumbup:

• One thing that might have helped Bulgaria is that their coach has been Lindsey Berg's club team coach in the last seasons, so he could prepare the team very well to her playing style...and who knows, with a better OH than Karakasheva Bulgaria could have won the match. Another sign that Europe gets more and more top teams :thumbup:

I agree, Abbondanza have train Berg for a lor of year, but she played only the first 2 sets...

BTW, does anyone knows if Vasileva is playing as oh or opp?

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

Yepp, with for ex. Yaneva the result could have been different, but also if USA would have played without Larson, according to the stats she was superior in USA team. I know it was only a friendly game, but its rare 2 see Hooker and Akinradewo so ineffective in attack as in this game.

Next friendly match between USA and Bulgaria will be played at 04.00 CET tonight. Lets see if USA can win easier this time!

• Yepp, with for ex. Yaneva the result could have been different, but also if USA would have played without Larson, according to the stats she was superior in USA team. I know it was only a friendly game, but its rare 2 see Hooker and Akinradewo so ineffective in attack as in this game.

!

I'm not sure if with Yaneva the result had been different, curiosly the best results that Bulgary has taken is when Karakasheva is playing as OH and not others more powerful and better players as Yaneva or Vasileva. I think and I agree with him, it was serdar that wrote some time Bulgary has a more stable reception and his behaviour as team is much better with a player like Karakasheva in starting six.

• I'm not sure if with Yaneva the result had been different, curiosly the best results that Bulgary is taken is when Karakasheva is playing as OH and not others more powerful and better players as Yaneva or Vasileva. I think and I agree with him, it was serdar that wrote some time Bulgary has a more stable reception and his behaviour as team is much better with a player like Karakasheva in starting six.

Bulgaria team has very good attackers but none of them are like Russian or Cuban spikers who can kill balls inspite of bad reception. Another point is that they have a great MB such as Strashmira. Especially in last two season she is playing very scorer with good attacking ratio almost as well as Gioli or Ravva's best times. In this regard, Bulgaria is soo dependant on stable reception. Karakasheva is not a spectacular player but that kind of players are necessary to have a well-balanced defence-reception system and for me Karakasheva, Esra Gümüş, Vesoviç, Tom Logan are invisible heros of their teams. :rose:

Another good move for Bulgaria is using Vasileva as Opp (I don't know whether they did in USA match) since her attacks from zone 2 is way better :win:

• I've seen Dziekiewicz reciving in back-row in some Plusliga matches...It was like a couple of years ago. I'm not sure If She was used to it. Speaking of Morozova, It's a big shame for herself and also for Russian NT. She was named as the best blocker at WGP last year and showed outstanding performances several times...as you mentioned, She could possibly help with the reception If the coach uses her in stead of either Borisenko or Perepelkina. I don't know how her injury went...It's indeed sad that She lost her chance to play in the olympics due to her serious injury... at least she could be completely useful than Merkulova this time.

she used to, I think it was in Winiary Kalisz when Sawicka as libero was injured and the substite libero Fernanda was not good enough, Lena was staying in the back-row to help. also I think it was not the only time.. she was Opp and OH in the past, so she can receive :)

• Hooker....... 17 kills, 4 blocks
    Larson....... 12 kills, 3 blocks, 1 ace
    Tom.......... 13 kills, 1 block, 1 ace
    Harmotto..... 4 kills, 5 blocks, 1 ace
    Akinradewo.. 5 kills, 4 blocks
    Haneef-Park. 6 kills, 2 blocks
    Berg............ 1 kill, 1 ace

USA with 19-6 block advantage, also led in kills (58-51) and aces (4-2) over Bulgaria.

• Thank you, marshmellow, i'm praying for Dobriana :|

Радо Стойчев каза: Мизия, Тракия, Македония! Западните покрайнини - завинаги български!

• Looks like Logan's hitting is back

• Looks like Logan's hitting is back

And that makes me happier!

• i found the stats for rus x tur in alassio cup

Gamova 25, Goncharova 18, Sokolova 8, Perepelkhina 8, Borodakova 6, Startseva 2. Makno 6,
    Polen 24, Gozde 17, Gumus 10, Eda 14, Bahar 8, Naz 6. Ergul 4

rus x tur ( 91-96), attack 53-67, block 18-6, ace 3-8, opp. error 15-16)

• Btw, Rabadzhieva looks like she tweaked her knee or something during the match. I hope it is nothing serious :pinch:

Yes, it was her knee. She didn't return to the match. They iced her knee and then compression, elevation. I hope she is ok as well.

I hate injuries.

By the way in the first match, Logan Tom collided with another player and I thought maybe she got hurt. Tom was lying on the floor for a few seconds and she got up slowly. She continued to play which was a good sign.

The Olympics is so close and I hate for anyone to get hurt.

• Exhibition # 3

USA 3-0 Bulgaria ( 25-18, 25-17, 25-19)

USA starters: Berg, Akinradewo, Tom, Hooker, Harmotto, Larson, Davis
    Bulgaria starters: Nenova, Yaneva, Ruseva, Karakasheva, Vasileva, S. Filapova, M. Filapova

• USA scoring highlights

Akinradewo.. 9 kills (69%), 4 blocks
    Tom............ 9 kills (43%), 2 blocks, 2 aces
    Hooker........ 7 kills (37%), 1 block
    Larson.........7 kills (39%)
    Harmotto..... 3 kills (75%), 3 blocks
    Berg........... 1 ace

Bulgaria scoring highlights

Yaneva.......... 10 kills (32%), 2 aces
    Karakasheva... 9 kills (50%), 1 block, 1 ace
    Vasileva......... 9 kills (26%), 1 ace
    S. Filipova...... 6 kills (33%)