Friendly NT Matches

• I think Berg started again to use her jump top spin serve because she is making aces.... But I'm not sure, i'm just guessing!

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• That would be fun to see Berg jumpserving again but probably she will stick to the floatserve in USA team.

Per observation, USA coach likes Tom and Larson to jump serve and the other starters to use jumpfloat.

• Why fun? ?(

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

Exhibition # 3

USA 3-0 Bulgaria ( 25-18, 25-17, 25-19)

USA starters: Berg, Akinradewo, Tom, Hooker, Harmotto, Larson, Davis
    Bulgaria starters: Nenova, Yaneva, Ruseva, Karakasheva, Vasileva, S. Filapova, M. Filapova

Rabadzhieva was out due to an injury. Her replacement (Yaneva) led Bulgaria with 12 points. Does anyone know why Yaneva was not in the starting lineup to begin the series?

It will be good to see Bulgaria in World Grand Prix next year.

Hooker and Larson did not have high efficiency attacking. Including errors and blocked shots, Hooker hit 26% and Larson 22%. Hugh McCutcheon used the double sub routinely to put Thompson in for Hooker and Haneef-Park for Berg. In the 3rd set, Hugh McCutcheon subbed in Hodge for Larson. USA's middles were very good. No one can stop Akinradewo (69%) when she gets a set that is high enough. Tom hit well among the pin hitters (38%), had a couple of blocks and served a couple of aces. She and Akinradewo both led USA with 13 points in the match. Tom usually plays well all-around and when she served the ace for matchpoint, the crowd erupted. USA swept Bulgaria.

USA's blocking is strong. There are adjustments in defense, reception and attacking that need to be made in the final week before London. But overall USA improved their play from the first match to the third match in the series against Bulgaria. They won 3-2, 3-1 and 3-0.

After the match it was all pictures, autographs, hugs and good lucks. The team leaves for London later today.

• Korea won Great Britain yesterday 3x0 (25-19, 25-17, 25-20)

Photos:
    http://www.facebook.com/media/…89544.109254325934&type=1

Thanks for the update.

Does anyone know if there are any scheduled friendlies between other teams before the Olympics start?

• Rabadzhieva was out due to an injury. Her replacement (Yaneva) led Bulgaria with 12 points. Does anyone know why Yaneva was not in the starting lineup to begin the series?

It will be good to see Bulgaria in World Grand Prix next year.

Eva Yaneva recovered after injury.

Prediction Game :
    5th place - Olympic Games 2012
    Bronze - World Grand Prix 2012
    Gold - Liga Femenina de Baloncesto de España 2011-2012 (as "LV")
    Silver - EuroBasket Women 2011 (as "LAT")
    Gold - FIBA EuroLeague Women 2011 (as "LAT")

• I read somewhere around here Brasil and Russia will play 25/07 already in London.

i read in an interview with russian coach that the match will happen on jul.26.. besides, it seems that brazil will play against japan too

• Brazil played a Friendly match against Serbia, Zé didn't tell any details but said that Brazil won and, more importantly, Natalia played. Don't know if she played the whole match.

• It seems no information about what happened in the match between Brazil and Russia or in the match between Brazil and Japan will be given.

• Brazil and Russia played a 4-player friendly match against Russia and the match finished tied 2-2 (25-19, 19-25, 23-25, 26-24). I don't know which team is which but it seems Russia took both the 1st and 4th sets.

Sokolova played the 4 sets and Kosheleva also played this match. Gamova didn't play this friendly match.

• Brazil and Russia played a 4-player friendly match against Russia and the match finished tied 2-2 (25-19, 19-25, 23-25, 26-24). I don't know which team is which but it seems Russia took both the 1st and 4th sets.

Sokolova played the 4 sets and Kosheleva also played this match. Gamova didn't play this friendly match.

Brasil won the first and fourth sets, Russia won the second and third.