Olympic Games - Brazil 2016 (qualification process)

• Italy won 3-1, suffering and changing a lot its style through out the match. It could have been a 3-0 win but Kim decided not to let go the third set. I talk started well with Picci-Del Core providing a solid work in second row and Ortolani hitting hard. The same in the second set, with Gennari instead of Picci, here Italy managed to recover some points and win. In the third it all spiders started not to go down anymore, Kim instead killed everything.. in the fourth eventually with the powerful attacks of Sylla (very well also in reception) and Egonu, Italy managed to close the match.

I liked this two-sided-Italy, very clean and ordered in the first two, very powerful and young in the last. Bonita understood when it was time to take Ortolani down and with Egonu in Italy had still power in attack. Also Sylla substituted Gennari very well, with perfect reception and strong hits, congrats to her, she's growing so much lately. Also Orro showed a good game, with some unpriced balls, which are understable but she's young and solid, if she keeps developing, the spot is hers for the next years!

• Can't stand the commentator's pronunciation of some dutch names at NED vs KAZ match. Sluh-chess (Sloetjes)? What the heck was that? :D

• Can't stand the commentator's pronunciation of dutch names at NED vs KAZ match. Sluh-chess (Sloetjes), Bowsh (Buijs)? What the heck was that? :D

Actually these pronunciations are a lot better than normal... Not right but better

• Actually these pronunciations are a lot better than normal... Not right but better

You're right. I shouldn't be making a big fuss about it. Just a bit particular with the names' pronunciation. Can't help it :D

Anyway, whoa, KAZ won 2nd set! Didn't expect them to play this well.

• Actually, can anyone teach me how to pronounce Sloetjes and Buijs?

Slöetjes ain't a very common surname in the Netherlands, It's pronounced as "Sloutyes", Buijs is probably easier. It should be pronounced as either "Boes or Baus". Dutch names are quite hard to explain how they pronounce because in English you pronounce them differently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4pazN73APk

You may check the exact Pronunciation 1:39 to 1:45.

http://www.dutchgrammar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=812
    https://www.quora.com/Dutch-la…n-the-pronunciation-of-ui

In order not to mess up Anne's surname :D

• Italy won 3-1, suffering and changing a lot its style through out the match. It could have been a 3-0 win but Kim decided not to let go the third set. I talk started well with Picci-Del Core providing a solid work in second row and Ortolani hitting hard. The same in the second set, with Gennari instead of Picci, here Italy managed to recover some points and win. In the third it all spiders started not to go down anymore, Kim instead killed everything.. in the fourth eventually with the powerful attacks of Sylla (very well also in reception) and Egonu, Italy managed to close the match.

I liked this two-sided-Italy, very clean and ordered in the first two, very powerful and young in the last. Bonita understood when it was time to take Ortolani down and with Egonu in Italy had still power in attack. Also Sylla substituted Gennari very well, with perfect reception and strong hits, congrats to her, she's growing so much lately. Also Orro showed a good game, with some unpriced balls, which are understable but she's young and solid, if she keeps developing, the spot is hers for the next years!

I also watched the match from the very beginning and I agree with your statement.
    Two Alessias played very well IMO, Despite the older got replaced in the 4th set, she also showed some positive performance, replacing Piccinini who was getting lost in reception.

What I admire about Orro is that she's simply fearless, she never gets afraid (It's more like she does but she doesn't want to show it in front of her opponents) of using her MBs in spite of relying on Egonu or Del core. She has a splendid connection with both Guiggi and Chirichella and is confident about that. I've never seen Chirichella getting involved in attack this much in NT, which must be a good sign for Italy.

However to me, Italy's real key is ALWAYS Antonella Del core, she's the player that teammates want to have next to them. (Same word goes to Alessia Gennari...) Italy will be lost without her.

• I think the FIVB commentator as you are describing it (I watch the italian match in italian and the fall asleep xD) is the same of laola I guess... and he isn't very technical ^^' 'oh, wow' is is main comment xD

Ortolani had cramp so Bonitta took her out. Centoni was the only substitution that did't actually work out, but Bonitta was perfectly aware of it and put Egonu as opposite the next set, very good choice (I read he tried her in 2 in the last training, so it wasn't such a big surprise, but still an interesting choice!). She also defended quite well, I must say! And of course served wonderfully.
    I'm sorry that we lost the third set, but at least Egonu and Sylla had a chance to play.

All the other changes were made in the right moment without too many hesitation and really paid off!
    It's a while I don't see Italy so concrete, finally :) I hope we keep going like this!

Orro: a good and lucid match with few imprecisions; not a big feeling with Cristina so far, these sets were ok for Danesi but not for her. Very well in serve!

Sylla: I often criticized her but I have to admit that she played well, both in attack and defense/reception. She still create disorder on court, something I hardly tolerate, but this time I will ;)

• Italy must be the most experienced but in the mean time very inexperienced team among all teams as well.

Piccinini (37), Del core (36), Centoni (35), Guiggi (32), Ortolani/De Gennaro (29), Sirressi(26), Gennari (25), Chirichella(22), Sylla (21), Malinov/Danesi(20), Egonu/Orro (18 ) :D

• WOW! Thank you very much! I won't call them Slot-Jess and bo-yeast from now on!

• Actually, can anyone teach me how to pronounce Sloetjes and Buijs?

I personally asked Anne Buijs during the World Championships in Italy in 2014 and she told me her surname is pronounced "Baüs", while Sloetjes is pronounced "Slütis".

• I hardly recognized Ishii since she's changed her hairstyle.

Nagaoka has been just unstoppable today, I wonder if she will be able to come up with this shape against Italy and The Netherlands. Sato today reminds me of Yuko Sano, awesome sets and digs in the back and stable reception as well.

Peru is just too unstable as a team, too many mistakes and they easily get frustrated.

• I just watched Dutch game and Bujis has disaster reception. Even her 1 or 2 years with Guidetti She didn't learn to recive. :whistle: