Olympic Games - Brazil 2016 (qualification process)

• President of Polish Federation said that Poland will apply to organize this tournament. As I guess, he is quite determined to get this tournament. Doubtful that Turkey will host this tournament once again, but there is way to fight with another arguments.

Przedpełski wants to save the sinking ship :lol: it's a good chance for it, but with this coach any chance can be spoilt :aww:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• German federation published the qualification process (mainly for European teams) today:

First tournament will be World Cup, as we know this time before continental championships. From Europe, Russia and Serbia as 1st and 2nd will participate. First two teams of World Cup will qualify for OG
    In January 2016 there will be the continental qualification tournaments. From Europe, the winner goes to OG, the 2nd and 3rd ranked go to the world qualification/Asian qualification in May 2016, so the world ranking no longer plays a role here.
    From the world qualification, the best 3 teams plus the best Asian teams go to OG. This tournament has 8 teams, I expect 4 Asian, 2 European and one each from NORCECA and South America.
    Eventually there will be a final intercontinental qualification tournament in June with the 3rd best team from NORCECA qualifer, 3rd best from South American qualifier and the 2nd and 3rd from Africa qualifier and NO team from Europe :wall:

• And with all do respect, that is why Olympic Games get more boring each four years......from the 12 teams that participate, only 4 or 5 are really good teams...there is such a big level gap with the remaining ones.
    Of course I agree that should have teams from all continents, but its really clear to me as well that Europe should have more vacancies...

• http://www.fivb.org/viewPressR…57&Language=en#.VJR-osgKA

African Qualification Tournament will play Jan-Mar 2016. 16 teams from 7 zones.

http://www.cev.lu/News.aspx?Ne…0&Sd=1/1/1900&Ed=1/1/1900

European Qualification Tournament will play 4-9 January 2016. 8 teams for the competition Host + top7 CEV ranking will compete in the tournament. The winners will get olympic ticket 2nd and 3rd will go to Japan for WOQT.

From the news of AVC, they will use AVC championship as Asian Qualification Tournament, but the news from CEV Asian Qualification Tournament will combine with the WOQT.

I confuse.

• i do not believe so....it should be only the qualification for WC 2015...
    the information might be not accurate... :whistle:

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Turkey will host the European Qualification Tournament - 4-9 January in Ankara. Germany (Berlin) will host the men's tournament.
    2nd and 3rd team from each tournament will participate in the World Olympic Qualification Tournamens held in Japan between late May and early June.

http://blokaut.net/aktualnosci…ijskich+2016+europejskich

• Turkey will host the European Qualification Tournament - 4-9 January in Ankara. Germany (Berlin) will host the men's tournament.
    2nd and 3rd team from each tournament will participate in the World Olympic Qualification Tournamens held in Japan between late May and early June.

http://blokaut.net/aktualnosci…ijskich+2016+europejskich

I should not be surprise...I hope there will be a challenge system. :rolleyes:

• here we start again before the tournament starts :wavy:
    but i agree video-challenge is a must for these important qualification tournaments for all the tournaments..i dont want any teams to be behaved unfairly,sincerely :)

• here we start again before the tournament starts :wavy:
    but i agree video-challenge is a must for these important qualification tournaments for all the tournaments..i dont want any teams to be behaved unfairly,sincerely :)

:lol: Sorry, I didnt mean to be disrespectfull or anything. ^^ ...Its just that history speaks against Turkey in that matter....let's be honest...last Olympic Qualification the judges were at least controversial. :aww:

Unfortunately its not only in Turkey, that happened many times over the years lately, when the home team had a little "help" from line referees specially...so you are right, video challenge should be in all tournaments! ^^ Also, cause well...referees do makes mistakes, and its terible when that gets in a way of any match, but maily when it means an Olympic Qualification. :) :drink:

• We all know there won't be a challenge system. Hosts will not be interested in installing it, for sure. I don't see a point in apologizing, Joana, you've just written the truth.

• :lol: Sorry, I didnt mean to be disrespectfull or anything. ^^ ...Its just that history speaks against Turkey in that matter....let's be honest...last Olympic Qualification the judges were at least controversial. :aww:

Unfortunately its not only in Turkey, that happened many times over the years lately, when the home team had a little "help" from line referees specially...so you are right, video challenge should be in all tournaments! ^^ Also, cause well...referees do makes mistakes, and its terible when that gets in a way of any match, but maily when it means an Olympic Qualification. :) :drink:

im hapy for this qualificatşon tournament to be in Turkey...we can be one of the teams to qualify..

if one of Russsia or Serbia could qualify or OG 2016 in World cup then one of these two teams would come to Turkey..then we would have Serbia/Russia-Italy-Germany-Poland-Holland-Croatia-Belgium and Turkey-

we have the chance to win the tournament at home ,if not we could be in top three and get the a ticket for last qualification tournament and we could qualify ..i hope this comes true :mirror:

• We all know there won't be a challenge system. Hosts will not be interested in installing it, for sure. I don't see a point in apologizing, Joana, you've just written the truth.

there was a video-checking system in TL last season..maybe they can install it this time for OGQT in Ankara WHO knows!

• The NORCECA place in OG will be in 2015 NORCECA Championship in Michoacan, Mexico. 25 September-3 October 2015

CSV will lunch the Olympic qualification tournament in Argentina. Same period with CEV 4-10 January 2016.

• ranking on which date for CEV will be decisive ?( I guess this after ECH 2015...

Turkey is host, Russia (they probably won't qualify from WC), Italy and Germany will take half of spots in tournament.

Belgium, Netherlands, Poland, Croatia and Bulgaria are 5 contenders for rest places

It's hard to say how CEV ranking looks like right now, basing on my calculations Netherlands, Belgium and Poland have the highest chances, if I count correct, then Croatia and Bulgaria should be much higher than both Benelux countries and Poland, so it's really hard for them to take spots in tournament in Ankara (unless Poland, Belgium or Netherlands has disastrous ECH...)

Czech Republic has the lowest ranking from remaining 6, so they are probably out...

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game