Olympic Games - Brazil 2016 (qualification process)

• ranking calculated on my own:
    1. Russia 314 (50 WGP, 42 EG)
    2. Italy 304 (48 WGP, 30 EG)
    3. Serbia 294 (44 WGP, 46 EG)
    3. Turkey 294 (40 WGP, 50 EG)
    5. Germany 290 (46 WGP, 42 EG)
    6. Poland 264 (36 WGP, 48 EG)
    6. Belgium 264 (42 in both games)
    8. Netherlands 260 (38 WGP, 42 EG)
    9. Croatia 252 (30 in both games)
    10. Bulgaria 248 (32 WGP, 34 EG)
    11. Azerbaijan 238 (44 EG)
    12. Czech Republic 232 (34 WGP)

1) all teams got 70 points for ECH - all qualified to Final 16 in Netherlands and Belgium
    2) ECH 2013, WCH 2014 and OG 2012 counted like in previous ranking
    3) World Grand Prix 2015/European Games 2015 - hear I counted higher ranking

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Poland can drope a lot because on ECH they were 5th and that is very hard that they can repeat.

• Poland can drope a lot because on ECH they were 5th and that is very hard that they can repeat.

Don't worry. In that ranking which kondzio posted points from 2011 ECH edition are already discounted and there are 70 points included, cuz even when you will be 16 you are going to have 70pts.
    Poland still have 12 pts. advantage over Croatia and this actually means that Croatia need to be 6 positions higher than Poland on ECH and Bulgaria eight.

• Oh I understand :D..Croatia Challange Accepted :D
    There is a big possibilities that we meet in 2.round of ECH :dance6:

• Don't worry. In that ranking which kondzio posted points from 2011 ECH edition are already discounted and there are 70 points included, cuz even when you will be 16 you are going to have 70pts.
    Poland still have 12 pts. advantage over Croatia and this actually means that Croatia need to be 6 positions higher than Poland on ECH and Bulgaria eight.

Exactly :D points from 2011 aren't counted here, there are deducted from overall ranking ^^ Croatia and Bulgaria probably won't be higher 6-8 places than Netherlands/Belgium/Poland

You can download full ranking from here :D:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/oG…_provisional_ranking.html]OG Q provisional ranking.xlsx

just click "pobierz" :wavy: all is counted

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Because the third NORCECA team plays at the "intercontinental tournament" against two teams from Africa and the third South American team, which is much, much, much easier than having to face Asian and European teams at the World tournnament, which the second NORCECA team will have to do.
    And it makes absolutely no sense.

• Why third?

First of all, we know USA will finish 1st. Then, the second ranked team plays against the best 2 european teams, Japan, Korea, Thailand, etc. So, the chances to qualify to London are low.While the one who is third will play a tournment against 3rd CSV team, african teams, etc. Which means ticket to Rio almost secured.

Again, thanks FIVB :gone:

• That really must have been just a blatant attempt to have three NORCECA teams at the Olympics. I guess they were sure USA was going to qualify through World Cup. But now it has backfired and I can't wait to see how it all pans out. :rolleyes:

• Because the third NORCECA team plays at the "intercontinental tournament" against two teams from Africa and the third South American team, which is much, much, much easier than having to face Asian and European teams at the World tournnament, which the second NORCECA team will have to do.
    And it makes absolutely no sense.

Exactly, this is so ridiculous. Whoever the third NORECA team is will only have to beat something like Algeria, Cameroon and Colombia to secure qualification. Hopefully Dominican Republic deliberately tank for third place.

• That really must have been just a blatant attempt to have three NORCECA teams at the Olympics. I guess they were sure USA was going to qualify through World Cup. But now it has backfired and I can't wait to see how it all pans out. :rolleyes:

I agree. I guess Norceca didnt expect USA wouldnt get the ticket. The same happened in SouthAmerica 4 years ago. Nobody expected Brazil would finish 5th, which meant no hopes for other CSV team.
    Indeed, it will be very funny to watch Norceca qualifier tournment, It wouldnt be the first time its team lose on purpose. It has already happened this year and in 2011 Norceca Championship.

In Southamerica could happen the same :whistle:

• Plus, I was in FIVB site and they describe the Qualification process like this -

Host country
    FIVB Volleyball Women’s World Cup winner
    FIVB Volleyball Women’s World Cup runner-up
    African Olympic Qualification Tournament winner
    European Olympic Qualification Tournament winner
    NORCECA Olympic Qualification Tournament winner
    South American European Olympic Qualification Tournament winner
    World Olympic Qualification Tournament winner
    World Olympic Qualification Tournament runner-up
    World Olympic Qualification Tournament third place
    World Olympic Qualification Tournament highest ranked Asian team

World Olympic Qualification Tournament winner

Will FIVB really do this shitty thing again of qualifying the Asian after the World Qualification winners?????!!!!!! :down: :down: :down:

• And Europe will have only 2 tickets in the World Qualification Tournament is that right?

Yeah, that's right. Most likely Italy and Turkey, but there are many strong teams who could make it.

• I'm looking forward to the NORCECA tournament. USA will definitely be first and everyone else will fight for the third place. Nice job, FIVB.

Imagine a match that both parties want to lose, actually that match never ends because both teams will send all the serves to net!

• Will FIVB really do this shitty thing again of qualifying the Asian after the World Qualification winners?????!!!!!!

what is the logic behind combining Asian qualifiers and world qualifiers? Any one knows? This has been like this for years.