Olympic Games - Brazil 2016 (qualification process)

• Because that way the NORCECA team wouldn't win the tournament!

:aww: Really this is unbelievable....and people still argue about it, but its so clear Europe is in disavantage the hole qualification process...is ridiculous..like you said, CEV really indeed should say something about it....the process is completely unfair.

• FIVB should consider to start a race ranking like in tennis. It would be a different one than the FIVB ranking. Just for the OG.

You know you have to qualify the host + 5 best NTs from the 5 continental federations. The last 6 spots go to the best ranked teams.

Big points should come from World Championship, World Grand Prix/World League, Grand Champions Cup, World Cup.

Small points should come from the continental championships.

For Example. Rio de Janeiro 2016:

2013 continental championships + World Grand Prix/World League + Grand Champions Cup
    2014 World championship + World Grand Prix/World League
    2015 continental championships + World Grand Prix/World League + World Cup
    2016 World Grand Prix/World League

This is the only way to qualify 5 teams (it's OG, the 5 colors, the 5 circles; you know, an african team must be there) from each continent + the host + the best NTs left.

• Agree, this way volleyball's level during Olympic Games would be higher :wavy:

I won't be surprised seeing teams in NORCECA tournament losing on purpose so as to avoid WCQOT in Asia and play against weaker teams :S probable contenders: Cuba, Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico because USA should win without doubts

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I think in Norceca qual. USA will be in one group, Dominican in second.

Dominican will have in Group Puerto Rico and will lose to the Team after tie break.

In Semi USA will play v Dominican, will win and then Dominican will win match for 3rd place.

FIVB with Norceca will create such situation.

• In south america something similar will happen and the team that is in disadvantage is Colombia since it will very likely be a round robin with Argentina-Peru as last match.

• You know you have to qualify the host + 5 best NTs from the 5 continental federations. The last 6 spots go to the best ranked teams. .

i don't agree that it should be based solely on ranking; just make the qualif. process more fair.

as i said before, i think the last qual. tourn. will be a joke.

this is gonna be funny. let's say US wins NORCECA qual., ARG wins s. america, KEN wins in africa, and TUR wins euro qual., so who goes to the world qual.?

in an ideal world, let's say no one loses on purpose.

in world qual.: RUS and ITA, plus KOR, JPN, THA, KAZ, plus DOM and PER. let's say, RUS, ITA and JPN win top 3, then THA wins asian spot.

then in the last qual. tour., it 'll be COL, PUR, CMR and ALG… with the winner being PUR.

but of course, it'd be better for DOM, PER to lose on purpose so they can go to the last tourn. rather than the world qual.

super stupid.

• What's even the point of the intercontinental qualification? It just rewards teams for not being as good as those in world qual. They should just make an extra team from the world qualification group qualify, so it's 5 instead of 4. That's much fairer.

• There is no spesific slot for AVC. It says any best 3 teams in the world ranking ;)

Quoted from "akiyaLai"

In the second picture,
    Why AVC could have 3 spots while other confederations only have 1 or 2 spots?

There is no spesific slot for AVC. It says any best 3 teams in the world ranking

In the second picture,

In the second picture,

In the second picture,

Continental tournament Asia is not an individual tounament, continental Asia(AVC) will merge in Japan world tournament.

Infact, In Japan world tournament, four teams will get 2016 World Olympic Qualification.

Besides the top 3 team, the bester asian team of other 5 teams will get Olympic Qualification too( this team will be winner of Asia continental tournament) .

• The NORCECA Quali is scheduled to be played from September 25 to October 3rd in Mexico.

Just to correct myself....

In september happens their Continental tournament, thye say is Olympic Qualification, but actually they will qualify the best 4 teams to play a Final Four (still to be determined when). And the winner of this Final Four will get the Olympic Ticket.

• Why is Asia the Only Qualification Tournament to happens after the World Qualification? I know it happen at the same time, but since they qualify the best asian after the best three in the world Quali, it really is like the tournament is played after it, right?

So why, shouldnt all the qualification process at least be the same?

And again we can have the same problem that was in 2012....that is ridiculous.

• Imagine a match that both parties want to lose, actually that match never ends because both teams will send all the serves to net!

If so it will be a farcical match of scandal! I will make sure not to miss out such match... it'll be an extreme amusement :cheesy:

but cannot really blame the teams involved, the fault lies within the Q system!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• It will be very funny if Dominican Republic loses its semifinal on purpose and then loses the bronze medal match to a team like Puerto Rico :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

• I have some tiny hope left for a last minute change in case a big team ends up 4th in the European qualifier. Hopefully that country will have enough power to force it by threatening to cut off its funding and tv coverage. Let it be men or women, only Italy, Russia and Poland have such an influence.

France, Bulgaria, Germany, Serbia, Turkey, Netherlands... unfortunately irrelevant.

• it's soooo stupid all that fivb does. why is asian qual. together with the world qual.? why does JPN, KOR, THA, KAZ, TPE have to play european teams and norceca/csv teams to qualify one asian representative to the olympics?

they should have one continental representative from all the 5 confederations to the olympics, then 2 world qual. and have those winners qualify.

• But don't you understand that if it was like that then Japan might not advance? Then Asia teams would have hard time to qualify apart from China.