Olympic Games - Brazil 2016 (qualification process)

• Only 8 balls to Robin and She is one of the best MB attackers in Europe :wall:

• Obmochaeva again top scorer for Russia. :thumbsup:

• Manon Flier was there at the hall :D
    I doubt if she can make it to the final qualifications in May, but It was nice to see her celebrating her teammates yesterday.

• European qualies are over. So time to lok to the Americas.

Today is the big match between USA and DOM. The winner goes to Rio. Loser goes to Tokyo. We shouldnt forget Puerto Rico got a set against the americans yesterday. So, i think the dominicans could do the same.

Puerto Rico vs Canada will be a good battle too. The winner still has a chance in the easy tournment against two africans and, probably, Colombia.

Meanwhile, in Southamerica, Peru has won all its matches in straight sets. Sth that really surprises me because they are missing more than 5 players. Montaño is playing the tournment and she has been decisive against Venezuela and right now against Argentina, which I consider the main favourite. Not only because we are host, also because our best players are in the top of their career.
    Even if Sosa is short for the standards, she is very fast and almost always closes the diagonal.

• Nice atmosphere in Bariloche :) But Argentina really doesn't look all that promising, they may well lose to Peru.

Yes, Peruvian young team looked solid in all their games so far. I hope for an upset tomorrow for Argentina)

• Manon Flier was there at the hall
    I doubt if she can make it to the final qualifications in May, but It was nice to see her celebrating her teammates yesterday.

Is there any chance that she will play in Rio? When is she going to give birth?

• Congratulations to Russia!

It is paradoxical that Russia was so overwhelming in Europe past 3 years while just playing a secondary role on international stage.

On the other hand, is there a European team that is sound on the international level? One team from Europe in the semis of WCH (host) and none in the semis of the Olympics.

• Meanwhile 4th day of QOT for South America ended, current standings:

1. Peru 9 (3-0) 9-0
    2. Argentina 9 (3-0) 9-1
    3. Venezuela 4 (1-3) 6-6
    4. Colombia 2 (1-2) 3-8

5. Chile 0 (0-3) 0-9

tomorrow: Colombia - Chile and Argentina - Peru
    so we'll have final tomorrow

according to 1st page: winner goes to Rio, runner-up goes to Japan and 3rd/4th go to easy tournament :whistle:
    so winner PER-ARG to Rio
    loser PER-ARG to Japan
    VEN and probably COL to easy tournament :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• and here link to match results from South America ^^:
    http://www.voleysur.org/v2/res…sultadospiso.asp?ano=2016

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I think it's almost impossible sadly :(

Manon will give birth in July....so she will NOT play in Rio.

About the final: Congrats to Russia, a deserved victory, no doubt.

I'm happy Dutch team improved a lot related to ECH-final.

I have good hope Dutch team will qualify in Tokio, since there are 4 tickets for Rio available...I expect/hope Korea, Japan, Italy and The Netherlands to take the tickets :win:

My Dutch MVP this tournament: Debby Stam-Pilon, the silent force...she has a really high value for the team! Hopefully Manon will come back after pregnancy at the level Debby has done so far :obey:

• Totally agree with your statement. Debby played an outstanding tournament.
    Regarding Manon - It was the unluckiest period for getting pregnant, damn Nummedor :D But I wish her all the best of course.

• I have good hope Dutch team will qualify in Tokio, since there are 4 tickets for Rio available...I expect/hope Korea, Japan, Italy and The Netherlands to take the tickets

I'll put Rep Domenicana/USA instead of Korea between my favorite :) I love Brenda Castillo!

Speaking of NORCECA, how is going the match? my streaming isn't working...