11.Germany
    12.Russia
    13.Serbia

ACV

14.South Korea
    15.Thailand

CAVB

16.Kenya

And the last 4 vacancies will be decided by FIVB. It's been said that it will be according to World ranking (Italy, Turkey, Algeria and Peru would be the teams qualify)

• And the last 4 vacancies will be decided by FIVB. It's been said that it will be according to World ranking (Italy, Turkey, Algeria and Peru would be the teams qualify)

The rankings haven't been updated to include the new Continental Championships' results which will replace the 2011 figure. Algeria will fall from their current spot. Outside of the top 10 the rankings are such a joke.

After seeing Cuba this NORCECA Champs they've dramatically lost their ability to compete at the highest level, but I guess that's what happens when your Senior NT would be any other country's JR NT. With the current team they have they'll do even worse in 2014 WGP.

• Miguel, is it official? On FIVB website there is no info about there. During summer there was a piece of news about changes in format and name change, so I think that we should wait until FIVB congress ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Miguel, is it official? On FIVB website there is no info about there. During summer there was a piece of news about changes in format and name change, so I think that we should wait until FIVB congress ^^

Of course it's not official.
    This is a rumor spread in my country. Also a dominican said that.

IMO is not good. Two african teams? no way. And Perú doesn't have many players to play this tournament.
    I decided create this topic because there are 16 teams qualified, so... it was time.

• i hope this time kenya will not refuse participating for financial problems as what they did before...
    otherwise, we will see the international but weak Algeria again.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• FIVB will put money behind Kenya's participation in the World Grand Prix. It will be part of them promoting the game globally.

I cannot see Algeria be added. Probably 1 more from Europe or Asia (Kazakhstan).

• According to Serbia Federation site, WGP will be quite different next year!!!

There will be a total of 28 teams divided in three divisions! The Final Six will be played from 20-24 August in Japan or Brazil. (Host + 4 best teams from Division I + Champion from Division II) -> I didnt really get it why division three than?

Division I - 12 teams: Brazil, China, Dominican Republic, Germany, Italy, Japan, Korea, Russia, Serbia, Thailand, Turkey, USA

Division II - 8 teams: Argentina, Canada, Belgium, Cuba, Netherlands, Peru, Poland, Puerto Rico

Division III - 8 teams: Algeria, Australia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Kazakhstan, Kenia, Mexico

• I'm curious if Bulgaria, Croatia or Czech will want to play and to lose money to play against Africa.

• DIVISION I

Week 1: 01-03 August

Pool A, EUA: EUA, Japan, Turkey, Russia
    Pool B, Korea: Korea, Serbia, Germany, Thailand
    Pool C, Italy: Italy, China, Dominican Republic, Brazil

Week 2: 8-10 August

Pool D, Brazil: Brazil, USA, Korea, Russia
    Pool E, Turkey: Turkey, Serbia, Germany, Dominican Republic
    Pool F, Hong Kong: China, Italy, Japan, Thailand

Week 3: 15-17 August

Pool G, Thailand: USA, Thailand, Dominican Republic, Brazil
    Pool H, Russia: Germany, Italy, Turkey, Russia
    Pool I, Macau: China, Serbia, Japan, Korea

FINAL SIX: 20-24 August - Host+ 4 best teams+ Winner of Division II

DIVISION II

Week 1: 25-27 July

Pool A, Peru: Canada, Poland, Belgium, Peru
    Pool B, Puerto Rico: Cuba, Netherlands, Puerto Rico, Argentina

Week 2: 01-03 August

Pool C, Belgium: Canada, Netherlands, Belgium, Argentina
    Pool D, Peru: Cuba, Peru, Puerto Rico, Poland

Week 3: 08-10 August

Pool E, Argentina: Canada, Argentina, Cuba, Peru
    Pool F, Netherlands: Netherlands, Poland, Belgium, Puerto Rico

FINALS: 15-17 August, Poland

Host + 3 best teams from Preliminary Round -> Winner plays World Grand Prix Final Six

• I see what Dominicanito will write after the competition- We are still on the same level, still 12 lol without win unfortunately.

• I think this is a better idea since there was no sense to watch a match between Algeria-USA before. Now all teams seem in a decent level

• I think this is a better idea since there was no sense to watch a match between Algeria-USA before. Now all teams seem in a decent level

Agree. This sysytem makes more sense :win:

• Agree. This sysytem makes more sense :win:

I don't agree...or only in parts. As for the best 12 teams, it's good because they'll only have high level matches, but there are some mistakes in the system. Let's say Belgium wins the 2nd group and gets to play in Final Six, in the end they'll get more world ranking points than most teams from 1st group, but only because they had much easier opponents. And Croatia, Czech Republic and Bulgaria won't benefit at all from playing in this new WGP because they'll have only weak opponents (apart from each other).

In addition, I wonder what will happen to European League now that almost all European teams are in WGP. Probably it will be once again very early (June until mid July), but not many teams will want to play both competitions probably...