2014 FIVB World Grand Prix

• I don't agree...or only in parts. As for the best 12 teams, it's good because they'll only have high level matches, but there are some mistakes in the system. Let's say Belgium wins the 2nd group and gets to play in Final Six, in the end they'll get more world ranking points than most teams from 1st group, but only because they had much easier opponents. And Croatia, Czech Republic and Bulgaria won't benefit at all from playing in this new WGP because they'll have only weak opponents (apart from each other).

In addition, I wonder what will happen to European League now that almost all European teams are in WGP. Probably it will be once again very early (June until mid July), but not many teams will want to play both competitions probably...

If relegation system works, Belgium and Bulgaria might play in first division one year later. By the way I am also concerned about the future of European League. Turkey might still want to participate since our federation want to get a wider player pool with international experience, also our youth and junior NTs have good players who can play in a B-NT. Serbia also have a wide player roster. However except those two I don't think other GP participating teams would eager to participate also in European League :whistle:

• If relegation system works, Belgium and Bulgaria might play in first division one year later. By the way I am also concerned about the future of European League. Turkey might still want to participate since our federation want to get a wider player pool with international experience, also our youth and junior NTs have good players who can play in a B-NT. Serbia also have a wide player roster. However except those two I don't think other GP participating teams would eager to participate also in European League :whistle:

I don't know what thinks about EL Polish team. When Świderek was a head coach he had plans for 2013 to take part in EL, but we all know history, when he was fired after lost final of OG qualifications in Turkey. I think whether Makowski wants to try new players in some competitions in upcoming year, to give them some international experience. If yes, then Poland maybe will want to participate, but I see that we may have problems with gathering other contenders for this competition ?( about countries who may be interested: we have stil some countries who played in EL in the past and they won't be in WGP - Spain, France, Romania, Hungary, Israel - adding Turkey and maybe Poland there are already 7 teams, however I don't know if rest 5 want to play in EL; I wonder what will do CEV after widening WGP and if they still want to organise EL in next year...

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I wonder why Azerbeijan doesn't participate in EL since they don't have many other options for NT season :whistle:

• :what: You'll have to explain this....the quality of the opponents has nothing to do with the risk of injuries! :white:

Agreed, it doesn't make sense. Injuries are unexpected, jumping over either a Brazilian players foot or Algerian is the same :roll:

• If relegation system works, Belgium and Bulgaria might play in first division one year later. By the way I am also concerned about the future of European League. Turkey might still want to participate since our federation want to get a wider player pool with international experience, also our youth and junior NTs have good players who can play in a B-NT. Serbia also have a wide player roster. However except those two I don't think other GP participating teams would eager to participate also in European League :whistle:

European League is getting more and more uninteresting year by year.

Teams are sending reserves, cause they don`t care about the final result.

If this League wouldn`t exist anymore, no one outsides this Forum would cry

• It's almost 2 years ahead, but FIVB approved the city of Omaha, USA as the host of the World Grand Prix Finals in 2015! :woohoo: :dance6:

• It's almost 2 years ahead, but FIVB approved the city of Omaha, USA as the host of the World Grand Prix Finals in 2015! :woohoo: :dance6:

Finally not China and not Japan :thumbsup:

• That's so awesome! I've lived in Nebraska (Lincoln) a few years ago and I know how much passionate they are about volleyball :cheesy: :cheesy:

• Russian press has confirmed that the group in Brazil will be played in Campinas one more time...does anyone have any news about this? I hope it's not true...Campinas hosted the matches last year with almost the exact same teams as this year (Brazil, Russia and the USA)... it would be just a repetition of "Brazilian week" of 2013.

• Russian press has confirmed that the group in Brazil will be played in Campinas one more time...does anyone have any news about this? I hope it's not true...Campinas hosted the matches last year with almost the exact same teams as this year (Brazil, Russia and the USA)... it would be just a repetition of "Brazilian week" of 2013.

Maybe we'll have also lights' breakdown :lol:

Campinas? I think some time ago I read in the Brazilian press that Praia Clube wanted to host WGP leg. I'm not 100% sure of this, unfortunately.

Also USA Volleyball has confirmed 2015 WGP Finals in Omaha - http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Vol…ld-Grand-Prix-Final-Round

• Maybe we'll have also lights' breakdown :lol:

We had that last year? lol I was there and don't remember :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
    About Praia Clube hosting: every year is the same here: lots of cities' names are thrown in the press as possible hosts...last year, Manaus and Rio de Janeiro were considered, this year I'm sure lots of names will also be cited. I think Campinas is the real possibility since Russia is playing in Brazil and they are already considering coming to this specific city.

• "Tickets will go on sale in June 2014"
    OMG a year before? lol

Yeah, that's what they do! They're already selling tickets to NCAA Championships in Oklahoma on 18th and 20th of December, so I'm not surprised :lol:
    I think they're expecting a big crowd, hall has 17,000 seats :D

• We had that last year? lol I was there and don't remember :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
    About Praia Clube hosting: every year is the same here: lots of cities' names are thrown in the press as possible hosts...last year, Manaus and Rio de Janeiro were considered, this year I'm sure lots of names will also be cited. I think Campinas is the real possibility since Russia is playing in Brazil and they are already considering coming to this specific city.

Maybe you don't remember because it was during last match: Poland - Russia, where Skowrońska got 40 points :D and there weren't so many people in hall :whistle:

• So finals will be in Tokyo?!?! Brazilian press is saying that... ?( :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: