2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• For me it's too boring, Japan hosts both WCHs too often :whistle: but they have experience in it ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• That'd be awesome news for our Japanese friends if it worked out. Nothing's been confirmed yet though. Read CAREFULLY((:

• Enough of Japan could Russia, China or anyone else, but I stop with Japan :teach:

• I think that TBS put a lot of money in front of the FIVB. I am not saying that others couldn't have done it as well.

However, for Japanese volleyball, the women's team is the best thing going. The men's team has dropped so far in their World Ranking and will drop further after the World Championships they would have no interest in hosting the men's tournament.

With the women performing well in the last World Championship and a bronze in London, it would be great TV ratings as well. Plus it is a lead-up for the Tokyo Olympics, so that helps the sport as well.

Some of this also deal's with the individual federations. The Chinese women are still strong, but have only won a silver in the 2013 World Grand Prix and a bronze in the 2011 World Cup. If they were winning more in bigger tournaments, than the Chinese federation would be interested.

Turkey would be an interesting host.

Brazil would be great, but is the federation interested? It would have to be in the big cities, but would the non-Brazil games draw well?

I would love to have the tournament in the USA, but it would need to be compact due to distance. Do you have it in big cities or in the smaller college towns that follow the sport? Also, do you do it earlier in the summer to avoid college american football season?

• alternate could be Poland, but our NT didn't have successes in last years, moreover our federation doesn't care so much about females, another case is budget problem and matches in Poland may be available only on channel after payment :mad:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I also wonder why Turkish federation didn't apply for hosting ?( We have already host youth girls WCh and junior male WCh and many CEV organizations. Most of them has been well appreciated by federations. It would make sense to host senior WCh too since year 2018 will most probably be our prime year (players from 1992-93 year and younger ones will reach their best level hopefully)

• I cant understand why FIVB preferes Asia nations especially Japan and China, also in World Grand Prix. Okay next year its in the USA but nevertheless its almost everytime Asia Nations, i would prefer countries that did not housted a tournement but want

• One reason for the World GP being held in Asia is that the region does like the sport with strong teams in Japan and China plus South Korea, Taiwan and Thailand. Plus with the countries being relatively close for travel, it is easy to have teams switch locations "fairly" easy.

I was surprised to see the finals come to the USA next year. It won't be in the biggest city (Omaha), but Nebraska has a great college volleyball history, so it should be a great crowd for these matches.

Now with the tournament going to many locations outside of Asia, it is a truly a World Grand Prix.

• I'm surprised the Thai Federation has not been interested in hosting any big event yet. Thai arenas and stadiums are almost always packed to the rafters and the local fans always create positive atmosphere and not only during their local team's games. This year, over 18'000 tickets for the 3rd weekend of WGP at Hua Mark Stadium has been sold in an hour! The Thai team has not won any medal at the world level yet, but I guess it's just a matter of time when they will. They have one of the most talented youth players.

• I'm surprised the Thai Federation has not been interested in hosting any big event yet. Thai arenas and stadiums are almost always packed to the rafters and the local fans always create positive atmosphere and not only during their local team's games. This year, over 18'000 tickets for the 3rd weekend of WGP at Hua Mark Stadium has been sold in an hour! The Thai team has not won any medal at the world level yet, but I guess it's just a matter of time when they will. They have one of the most talented youth players.

Well if they send their B team to WCH in Italy this year, they can forget anything like it..

• Asia gets 1 more slot with Japan hosting.
    Norceca gets 1 more slot with USA as World Champs
    Europe loses 2 slots (Italy hosted in 2014 and Russia as 2010 World Champs)

• Anf there we go...Norceca with 7 tickets and Europe with 8...Ill never get that...

Mexico and Trinidad & Tobago playing but Bulgaria, Azerbaijan out for example)....how will the World Ranking ever be a good representation of the teams strengh like that?

• i don't get it. the first chart says NORCECA gets 6 spots, same as last time, not 7. but yes, 6 is too many. last time, it was US, DOM, PUR, CUB and CAN and MEX. i could do without the last 2. MEX even lost to the junior THA team.

and asia only had 4 spots, which meant KOR was not even there. imagine, a WCh without KYK.

• i don't get it. the first chart says NORCECA gets 6 spots, same as last time, not 7. but yes, 6 is too many. last time, it was US, DOM, PUR, CUB and CAN and MEX. i could do without the last 2. MEX even lost to the junior THA team.

and asia only had 4 spots, which meant KOR was not even there. imagine, a WCh without KYK.

6 plus USA that is qualified as WCH.