2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• Is Rachel Rourke playing for Australia?

• Rachel is in wide roster for World Grand Prix but if I remember right she didn't play for NT the last two years.

• Second round of European Qualifications will be held in the Netherlands

• August 22 to 27 in Rotterdam

Great :super:

• Havelkova is on the Czech wide roster for this tournament.

Emiliya Nikolova apparently got married? She's called Emiliya Dimitrova now. Also Strashimira Simeonova (ex Filipova) is back on the team.

I'll never understand why women have to lose their identity after marriage :aww:
    This is a tradition that doesn't make any sense in 2017..

• Brazil looks nervous against Colombia in this technically South American Championship Finals.

Is it because of the sudden spike in difficulty?

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• Colombia is playing well but they are also d

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Colombia is playing well with a receiving opposite with a big hitter on the left(or maybe that was just coincidental)

I just feel that their are times they defending too deep to get those tipa.

Edit: And they choked. Brazil takes the first set. I'm guessing Brazil will be winning the the succeeding sets.

#FreeBritney

• Shocking News: Brazil wins South American Championship and basically their ticket to World Championship. :gone:

Colombians can still comfort themselves with the fact that this is the closest match since forever that Brazil was almost facing a set loss. :obey:

#FreeBritney

• Lmao those colombian awardees couldn't even be bothered to give Tandara her space at the center as the MVP of the tournament. Either they are absolutely shameless or they are seriously lacking self-awareness. :rolll:

#FreeBritney

• what is the COL squad? are moreno and montaño retired from the NT? this is not the first time they finished 2nd in s. america. it looks like ARG has fallen down a lot lately.

No these veterans, the 14 players are the same with WGP in July.

S (2): Marin (C), Montero
    OPP (2): Segovia, Pasos
    OH (4): Martinez, Coneo, Olaya, Perez
    MB (4): Zuleta, Soto, Rangel, Carabali
    L (2): Gomez, Toro

congrats to BRASIL to qualify for Japan 2018.
    the 2-4 positions owners, i.e. COL, PER, ARG will fight for the last spot in South Amenrican Qualifier in October, 2017

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Rumors are that Colombia will be adding Madelaynne Montaño to their roster for the qualification tournament, if this is true, then Colombia is the heavy favorite to get the ticket to Japan 2017. Will this be their first time in the big event?

Argentina will possibly adding their best player Nizetich and their emerging star Rodriguez, which also make them stronger, while Peru with Leiva will be posing a threat.

In any case it will be contested tournament.